2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love seeing all of the pics and trip reports. Can't wait for my 1st of hopefully many visits to BCV in 13 days. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

1929035_1057144280423_4959037_n.jpg

Just thought I'd share a photo of our old bus...we were camping on Outer Banks, NC in this shot. Yes, I rigged the clothesline myself!

Just wanted to give a shout out to Natebenma for doing a sweet job of keeping this thread organized! It has become my number one resource for our upcoming trip! Jun 6-18, 2015!

Love the pics of SAB!!! Oh my gosh...can't wait to experience it for the first time!:banana:

Love the trip report, too!! :worship: Would love to meet some fellow DISers (even though I'm still earning my ears) in June...outside of the showers that is...you know, kiester danger and all...LOL!

First time Yacht Club visit in...10 sleeps! So excited! :yay:

Where do we go to get our refillable mugs refilled during our stay?

Thanks!
:cool1::cool1::cool1: Have fun

:offtopic:

So I have been dealing with lots of misinformation this week.

:eek:

NEXT!
I hate misinformation and the extra work it causes.....

No recipes, but I do have a story.

On Nate's class trip, All Star Movies, a couple of chaperones ordered the design your own salid. And then complained about what was in it.

:confused3
:rotfl:
But there is still an iron, so you can make grilled cheese.

:thumbsup2
I suggest the wool setting
We tried to walk up to BnC (Bunnies and Chocolate for those of you not up on all the latest lingo :thumbsup2) and struck out on two separate days.

Yes, I know I'm staying at Pop Century but I have no life and since I am especially concerned about all the construction noise affecting my Pop stay I felt compelled to be a busy body.

I had a nice dinner at the Captain's Grille tonight with one couple who seems to be living the Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous and another couple who sport a bumper sticker that says my other car is a cruise ship. Then I got to watch another couple chow down at the Crews Cup lounge without even so much as a glass of water at my spot at the table. When they weren't looking I would surreptitiously reach into my bag and eat the Halloween candy I pilfered from unsuspecting trick or treaters at MNSSHP.

I am happy to report that shortly before dinner I was running from room to room and pressing my ear to the doors trying to hear the construction noise.

I heard 6 whiny children, 3 domestic disputes, and the fall out from a bad taco dinner, but I did NOT hear ANY construction noise.

Tomorrow I shall go over to the Beach Club and do the same thing. If I hear anything there I shall report back IMMEDIATELY!

~NM
Thanks for the update NM....

Love the description of your dining companions

For the Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, does anyone have a good idea/guess of when the runners go by YC/BC area on their way toward Epcot?

I was unable to make heads or tails of the RunDisney map.

Thought it might be fun, unless we are already asleep,:) to grab a cocktail and go watch some runners pass by.

For the Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, does anyone have a good idea/guess of when the runners go by YC/BC area on their way toward Epcot?

Thought it might be fun, unless we are already asleep,:) to grab a cocktail and go watch some runners pass by.

I want to say that is the last stretch of the race..so maybe 110 minutes after the race starts you should start seeing people. 3 hours after the race starts are the people that need cheering!

Bob and I had dinner last night with Mommyrosa and hubby and the Ninja at Captain's Grill. Super food and super company. And we also got to catch up with another Diser and her hubby ... the Ninja found them somewhere in the lobby.

Super fantastic night!!! I am so lucky to have made so many great friends thru our thread here!!!

And we are all lucky to have made friends with you! :goodvibes

We plan on doing this as well! We ran the wine and dine half last year, but this year the race sold out too fast for us to get registered! The runner will run by right before they head into epcot for the finish! Maybe we will get to have a DIS meet!

We plan on doing this as well! We ran the wine and dine half last year, but this year the race sold out too fast for us to get registered! The runner will run by right before they head into epcot for the finish! Maybe we will get to have a DIS meet!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Do they run by on the YC/BC side, or on the Boardwalk side?

Just returned from BC CL 1 bed suite (pixie dust upgrade at check in) and for those CL guest going soon the lounge is on the 2nd floor and is very limited

BREAKFAST
Coffee
Assorted teas
Ice tea
OJ
Water
Soda

Plain and cinnamon raisin bagels
Plain Croissants
Butter/Cream cheese and a toaster
Watermelon, honeydew, cantalope
Bananas, apples
Dry mini apple muffins
One day they had a cheese danish, one day a chocolate croissant

NO MILK, NO CEREAL, NO EGGS, NO OATMEAL

SNACKS - were the same every day
Ice tea, water, lemonade, soda
Gummy fish
Yogurt pretzels
Potato Chips
Pretzels
Chocolate chip and mickey sprinkle cookies

EVENING HOUR
Ice tea, water, lemonade, soda, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Kirin, Heinekin
a few choices of wines
Cheese, dried figs, dried apricots
Celery, carrots, cucumber spears, broccoli spears
2 kinds of hummus, rolls and rye bread
Peanut Butter and Jelly
Green apple slices with caramel

NO HOT ITEMS AT ALL

DESSERT
Cordials, ice tea, water, soda, coffee and teas
Chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies
a few different baked goods that were from the Cape May clam bake

Just returned from BC CL 1 bed suite (pixie dust upgrade at check in) and for those CL guest going soon the lounge is on the 2nd floor and is very limited

Thank you for the info. I know the lounge is open for guests who have one of the Deluxe rooms or Suites. Did it seem like there were other club level guests from other than the suites? I'm not sure what the resort is doing with anyone who booked CL for mid Oct-Nov, whether they were given an option to move, told they had to move, or they just weren't taking bookings for regular CL rooms.

Thanks!

Thank you for the info. I know the lounge is open for guests who have one of the Deluxe rooms or Suites. Did it seem like there were other club level guests from other than the suites? I'm not sure what the resort is doing with anyone who booked CL for mid Oct-Nov, whether they were given an option to move, told they had to move, or they just weren't taking bookings for regular CL rooms.

Thanks!

The make shift lounge on the second floor is ONLY for suite and deluxe room guests. There are NO other club level guests. Anybody that booked for October or November were called and given an option to book YC CL (if available) or downgrade to a regular room or move to another resort.

I will be running this year and would love a cocktail around that time! I would think the top runners will be there around 11:15 - 11:30 if not sooner, 6 min pace is not in my group thats for sure. YC/BC is right at mile 12.

The make shift lounge on the second floor is ONLY for suite and deluxe room guests. There are NO other club level guests. Anybody that booked for October or November were called and given an option to book YC CL (if available) or downgrade to a regular room or move to another resort.

Thanks. That's what I thought. I'll be glad when the lounge and 5th floor are back open for business. I know you will be too. Can't wait to see the new rooms!!!

:goodvibes

Thats good to know - We were there for 4 days and only say 3 other guests using the make shift lounge. The CM's that were manning it said there were just 15 rooms that were using the lounge. It was a nice treat for us thats for sure - to roll out of bed and walk up the stairs for some quick coffee and tea was a huge plus!

I sure hope the 5th floor rooms and the club level are open for business in June 2015!! Getting nervous here!! :(

Fifth floor at BC should be open before 12/1/14 if all goes according to plan.

How AWESOME is it to have a super cool cast member on this thread giving us great info!!! Thanks, Teena!!!:yay: Hopefully we get a chance to meet you next summer!

I am updating the Page 1 posting about Stormalong Bay. I still have pictures and reference the "Sinking Sands"

I know there are still some sand bottom areas of the pool, but are the really cool but kind of creepy sinking sands history now?

Yay I know the answer to this one. (if you are talking about what I think you are talking about) when we were there the week of the 4th around the volleyball area there were random spots where you would sink down into a hole if you stepped in it. My daughters found two and would keep trying to trick us into walking through them. They loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter