2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also...beyond the fact that patios might be restricted to the concrete pad due to landscaping...the higher you are, the better your view of fireworks (if you are in a room that faces fireworks).

We had an incredible view of Epcot fireworks from our 3rd floor garden view room last October. We would not have had the same view had our room been on the 1st floor...and my kids loved the fireworks. Just a thing to keep in mind.

Good luck with your trip pixiedust: .

Thanks for all of the info! We depart Illinois Thursday evening and check in on Saturday. Can't wait!:)

I've got a question for all of you Yacht and Beach Club experts. On another thread a poster has stated they plan on arriving around 1 am and sleeping in the lobby. Supposedly the manager of the Y&B has told them this is fine, and people do it all of the time! Is that true, do you think?

She is trying to save money, and many of us have told her it will probably not be quiet or comfortable, and to just pay for a cheaper room at a value, or at the airport for the night. Do people really camp out for 5 hours and sleep in the lobby? Are we all over-reacting, telling her it is a bad idea?

I've got a question for all of you Yacht and Beach Club experts. On another thread a poster has stated they plan on arriving around 1 am and sleeping in the lobby. Supposedly the manager of the Y&B has told them this is fine, and people do it all of the time! Is that true, do you think?

She is trying to save money, and many of us have told her it will probably not be quiet or comfortable, and to just pay for a cheaper room at a value, or at the airport for the night. Do people really camp out for 5 hours and sleep in the lobby? Are we all over-reacting, telling her it is a bad idea?

Personally speaking, every time I try to ask the manager at the resort a question I come to my senses and realize that the actual manager of the resort is NOT standing by to answer any questions. More than likely they are getting that information from some poorly informed source, possibly from their imagination.

The earliest that you can check in at Disney resorts is 6 am. Your room will probably not be ready. Your room is supposed to ready for occupancy by 3 pm at deluxe resorts and 4 pm at some of the less expensive resorts.

Whenever I feel the need to try to arrive at a resort a day in advance of my check in I generally prefer the lodgings offered by a nearby bus shelter. In real estate location is everything so these bus shelters are ideally located, well ventilated and best of all free! Yes sure they are noisy and and the bathroom facilities are a hike, but since I am super cheap and have no common sense they are the perfect solution for me.

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy

The thread in question is an eye opener!!

I can not imagine a manager at any Deluxe Disney Hotel allowing people to "sleep" in the lobby!!

I've never seen anybody sleep in the lobby. And the third shift cleans the lobby, floors, etc. then.

Currently staying at Yacht Club and somewhat disappointed considering its a deluxe. The wall paper is peeling off the wall in multiple spots and the room has an extremely strong musty chlorine smell (small pool outside of room) which is the main problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Thinking about asking for a room change, we're on our honeymoon and it's bumming me out.

Currently staying at Yacht Club and somewhat disappointed considering its a deluxe. The wall paper is peeling off the wall in multiple spots and the room has an extremely strong musty chlorine smell (small pool outside of room) which is the main problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Thinking about asking for a room change, we're on our honeymoon and it's bumming me out.

Yes, sounds like you should request a room change. I would suggest going to the front desk and sharing your concerns and ask if you can have a different room.

I missed a flight once from Northern to Southern California. I was 17 and that night I spent in the Oakland airport still haunts me. Now the YC/BC is a far cry from the Oakland airport circa 1988. But I can't imagine sleeping in the lobby and feeling rested and ready for the parks after a few hours on a couch.

That is completely insane.

Something I've learned over these past several years of reading these threads, some times there are folks out there that create a thread with the intent of seeing how many posts they can get. In order to do this they "create" very fictious ideas, thoughts, rumors, innuendos, or very imaginative ideas just to get the folks that read these things stirred up enough to respond. That thread about sleeping in the lobby has been around a number of times over the years. This is the reason I stick with this thread. It's based on fact and not fiction. The contributors are helpful and some even have a great sense of humor about them. Next thing we'll be seeing is a thread that will be selling tickets to ride on the carousel being set up in the BC lobby. And if you see a thread on this, you can say you heard it here first.

Luggage is out and the countdown is on. Ten days and counting.....

Katesdad

Good Morning!!

Going to the Yacht Club saturday and sunday (staying 1 night)... I was wondering if the Xmas decorations are going to be there?

I read that the BC ones are not going to be there until next wednesday...

Thanks in advance!

I know. I know.

I see your fly and I raise you with two

science_scene_caitlinZellers.jpg

~NM

So we are here at the beach club now. We are on the 4th floor and our room is directly under a room that is being renovated. I heard it start by 8am and it woke my exhausted kids up. We also had an issue with the noise yesterday afternoon when trying to take a nap. Is it possible to request a new location because of this or are we just stuck? :/ I don't like to complain but it's not like this was a cheap stay!!

I had a dream last night that I was leaving for disney today. Then I woke up and discovered it was 20 degrees outside and the only place I was going was work. After fighting with a toddler who decided she was scared of her winter coat.

So we are here at the beach club now. We are on the 4th floor and our room is directly under a room that is being renovated. I heard it start by 8am and it woke my exhausted kids up. We also had an issue with the noise yesterday afternoon when trying to take a nap. Is it possible to request a new location because of this or are we just stuck? :/ I don't like to complain but it's not like this was a cheap stay!!

I would. We were on the 3rd floor last week and were not disturbed at all.

I would absolutely request a change of rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter