2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone who is booked for a trip to the YC/BC in Jan or Feb received a letter or email from the resort about the pool maintenance? If so, would you mind sharing what it says with us?

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

We're at YC CL Marathon weekend. Haven't received any notice about the pool work.

At airport ...Orlando here I come!

Letters in the past have been sent out re pool maintenance. However, if u book thru a travel agency or something like Orbitz, etc., then the letter goes to them. Then it is up to travel agencies, Orbitz, southwest vacations, etc., to forward to the guest.

Are the buses really that bad to the parks? It's a toss up between here and AKL. We will probably be visiting MK x 4, AK x 2, EP x 1 and HS x 1. I know that AKV don't stop at any other resorts to get to the parks, but have heard bad things about both bus services! Thanks.

Are the buses really that bad to the parks? It's a toss up between here and AKL. We will probably be visiting MK x 4, AK x 2, EP x 1 and HS x 1. I know that AKV don't stop at any other resorts to get to the parks, but have heard bad things about both bus services! Thanks.

I find the buses to the parks to be fine. The only ones that ever take too long are the DTD buses, which is the same for every resort we've stayed at. In our experience Disney has always done a good job of managing the bus frequency.

I like having other options for travel such as walking or boats, so I prefer BC/YC over AKL as you have the option to walk or boat into Epcot and HS.

There are plenty of bus horror stories out there, but we've never had bus troubles. We are used to taking public transit as part of our daily life, so we may be more tolerant than some.

(and I've heard we have good bus karma)

Letters in the past have been sent out re pool maintenance. However, if u book thru a travel agency or something like Orbitz, etc., then the letter goes to them. Then it is up to travel agencies, Orbitz, southwest vacations, etc., to forward to the guest.

I booked directly thru the WDW website & have called CRO to make a date change. We are CL @ YC-- no notice from WDW or the IPO yet.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for March. Yacht Club again?
Yes thank you Natebenma-March 5-15!
Here's hoping the pool maintenance is on schedule.

Did you request this online or by faxing/calling?

IIRC, all balconies at YC are the same size (full size versus the full/juliette that you get at BC). So any request regarding size of balcony won't matter.

When my fam stayed at YC a year ago, we checked in online and requested a higher floor close to transportation. And 'close to transportation' is key at YC, as their buses are off the lobby...which means no matter what floor you are on, if you are close to the elevator off the lobby, you are 'close to transportation'.

So last year, we (me plus a 7 and 8 year old) ended up in a fantastic garden view room on the 3rd floor with a view of SAB and Epcot fireworks...and that room was steps away from the elevator, which made it really, really, REALLY easy to get out to the buses or to SAB or to the walkway to Epcot. If I'd have had to walk down endless hallways to the end wings of YC with my kids, it would not have been pretty. So glad we ended up where we did.

YC is spread out. You can be on the ground floor or 3rd floor and still have a schlep to get to the lobby if you are in the farther most wing. Really, the floor doesn't make the difference in ease of access to buses/pool/boardwalk...being close to the elevator/lobby is what counts.

So my advice is to figure out if you really want a balcony or if you're cool with a patio...and check in online or fax or call and request a floor AND request that your room be close to transportation.

Thank you! I guess I need to decide if the patio would be good so the kids can run outside while we get ready or have a view. I appreciate the info!

I'm enjoying a quiet day at home, so I've just had time to post the next installment of my trip report.

It has some brief mentions of the BC. :)

Another great update!

:welcome: to this forum!

What times do you go to the parks? If you are staying at AKL you need to take buses to all 4 theme parks. If you are staying at BC/YC, the only buses you need to use are to MK and AK (and DTD if you go there). You can walk to EPCOT and either walk or take the boat to HS.

I always visit the parks first thing in the morning and I have not had issues with the buses. The one I want has always arrived within 5 minutes. We did have a long wait for a bus from MK to BC one afternoon in August.

Let us know if decide to book at BC/YC.

:cool1:

I find the buses to the parks to be fine. The only ones that ever take too long are the DTD buses, which is the same for every resort we've stayed at. In our experience Disney has always done a good job of managing the bus frequency.

I like having other options for travel such as walking or boats, so I prefer BC/YC over AKL as you have the option to walk or boat into Epcot and HS.

There are plenty of bus horror stories out there, but we've never had bus troubles. We are used to taking public transit as part of our daily life, so we may be more tolerant than some.

(and I've heard we have good bus karma)

You DO have good bus karma!

:lmao:

(Yacht Club again?)
Yes thank you Natebenma-March 5-15!
Here's hoping the pool maintenance is on schedule.

Fingers crossed

:)

What is the BOG list? We are staying at BC 11/22 to 11/29. And DH turns 40! Thanks!

The Be Our Guest list is where we keep track of guests with upcoming stays at the BC/YC or BCV. We list your screen name, date, resort and any special occasions. Post 15 on Page 1 of this thread.

Just a fun way of seeing who is going to be at the resort at the same time as you.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Keep in mind that you only have to take buses to two parks when you stay at the YC or BC, while you have to take buses to four parks for the AKL.

The buses aren't bad at all. They only share between YC and BC. And the bus ride to MK is only about fifteen minutes long.

We were at the BCV 2 weeks ago and had great bus experiences. We never waited more than 10 minutes for an AK or MK bus and we got a seat on each bus. Out returns were fine as well. However, if your focus is primarily MK resorts, perhaps you want to look at MK area resorts

Thank you! I guess I need to decide if the patio would be good so the kids can run outside while we get ready or have a view. I appreciate the info!

We had first floor room with a patio 2 weeks ago and we loved it. That said, the "patio" is a very small pad fronted with mature plantings. In the area we were in, kids could not have "run outside" without running through and damaging mature plantings.

Another great update!

:welcome: to this forum!

What times do you go to the parks? If you are staying at AKL you need to take buses to all 4 theme parks. If you are staying at BC/YC, the only buses you need to use are to MK and AK (and DTD if you go there). You can walk to EPCOT and either walk or take the boat to HS.

I always visit the parks first thing in the morning and I have not had issues with the buses. The one I want has always arrived within 5 minutes. We did have a long wait for a bus from MK to BC one afternoon in August.

Let us know if decide to book at BC/YC.

:cool1:

You DO have good bus karma!

:lmao:

Fingers crossed

:)

The Be Our Guest list is where we keep track of guests with upcoming stays at the BC/YC or BCV. We list your screen name, date, resort and any special occasions. Post 15 on Page 1 of this thread.

Just a fun way of seeing who is going to be at the resort at the same time as you.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

We have never stayed at BC or YC. I only see one problem....we are going to love it and never stay anywhere else! :)

Just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our stay. We had Rms 401&402 at BCV. 401 had a view of the entrance and 401 looked out onto the Villas pool,with the Spaceship Earth in the background. Both were dedicated 2BR I think. Our sons family was in 401, the Grandkids would get up and come have breakfast with us,and discuss our day. We really had a great time. I fell in love with Cape May! We had 2 dinners and 1 breakfast there. Best food of my trip. This was probably our 1st and last stay. It truly was a once in a lifetime trip. I will come back to Cape May! If Scott and his family come back I believe they will stay here. DH and I will return to SoG. We have our memories of an awesome Resort! I would not hesitate to recommend BCV to anyone. Thanks to the Disboards for all the tips I got from reading the forums.

I'm a little late in posting this, since it's been a little over a month since we went, but just wanted to show the view from our room in BCV. This was room 457, a one-bedroom villa.

And looking at our home resort from the YC/BC boat dock:

We've stayed at AKV several times and the buses were fine. The good thing about Kidani Village is that the bus goes there first, then to Jambo House. The bus to AK is maybe 5 minutes. In our experience, the buses anywhere except DTD have been fine. As Janetmom said, the DTD buses are universally awful. I didn't really notice a difference between AKV and YC with respect to the time spent going to MK.

That said, it was really nice having the option of walking to Epcot. And the boat to HS was nice, too. When we've stayed at AKV/AKL, if we go back to the resort in the afternoon, we rarely go back to the parks afterwards. This last trip, we did go to Epcot at night and once to HS. A short walk or boat ride didn't seem as daunting as a bus ride there and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter