2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
March 2015.jpg

OK, DERP!

It is March 5 and it totally did not occur to me that it is a whole new month!!!

Even after Best Aunt posted this, it didn't occur to me that this is the new activities schedule.

:sad2:

I thought the monthly recreation calendar replaced the hotel newspapers that people were discussing.
http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/Y&BCalendar.pdf

Dee probably has posted this somewhere but I'm too lazy to look for it.

Thank you!!!

:goodvibes:

does anyone have the march BC/YC activities flyer yet?

Thanks for the question that finally jogged my mind!

:rolleyes1

Couldn't get the Upload a File to work - photo was too big and I don't have time to resize it. Going back to Photobucket temporarily. When we were at BCV in 2012, the coffee makers in the studio were smaller than the coffee makers in the 2 bedroom (which would be the same as the kitchen for the 1 bedroom). Obviously things could have changed since then, but I have always read that studio coffee makers are smaller than 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom coffee makers. Here's the studio coffee maker, which was a four-cup:

and here's the 2 bedroom coffee maker, which was a 12-cup:

Hi Dee!

Is the "BCV Renovation Discussion Thread" on Page 1 (in hot pink text) supposed to be a hyperlink? It wasn't working for me but then I am not the most tech-savvy person. :confused3

Thanks!

Yes, it is supposed to be a hyperlink, and I fixed it but now I can't get it to be hot pink or any other color than this dull taupe. I'm still working my way around the new DIS server, particularly with links and posting pictures.

:bored:

Couldn't get the Upload a File to work - photo was too big and I don't have time to resize it. Going back to Photobucket temporarily. When we were at BCV in 2012, the coffee makers in the studio were smaller than the coffee makers in the 2 bedroom (which would be the same as the kitchen for the 1 bedroom). Obviously things could have changed since then, but I have always read that studio coffee makers are smaller than 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom coffee makers. Here's the studio coffee maker, which was a four-cup:

and here's the 2 bedroom coffee maker, which was a 12-cup:

Thanks Best Aunt! From all the research we had done in selecting BCV as our DVC home resort purchase, it always came back to the Studio only having a 4-cup drip machine.

However, I also recall that you could call Mousekeeping and if they had a larger machine available, they would bring it to the Studio.

I'm hoping that part of the BCV hard goods reno is to have a larger coffee maker in the Studio as a standard option. I know that DH & I wouldn't be able to function on a 4-cup pot (although if we have to make a 2nd pot, so be it). Nobody in WDW should have their vacation wrecked by seeing me with only 1 cup of java in my system. :eek:

It would be great if once the BCV rooms are completed and folks stay, they can provide an update and pics!

Yes, it is supposed to be a hyperlink, and I fixed it but now I can't get it to be hot pink or any other color than this dull taupe. I'm still working my way around the new DIS server, particularly with links and posting pictures.

:bored:

The taupe may be boring but it works! Thanks for fixing it so quickly!

It appears that the campfire will be every night in March and the movies will all be on the beach. In Jan and Feb, they experimented with an abbreviated schedule of campfires during the colder months and some nights the movies were in the solarium.

popcorn::

March activities switch one hour later in March compared to the last three months.

Daylight savings goes into effect this weekend - maybe that's the culprit....getting that extra hour of daylight (and losing an hour of sleep)!

Last edited:
Just want everyone to know that Disney does listen to your feed back. You may remember that Dee posted that I was not happy that the takeout menu at Beaches and Cream had been scaled back. I emailed guest services and in a polite way described how B&C was part of our WDW/BC tradition and that I hate others wouldn't be able to enjoy B&C like we had in the past.

Well Disney (Nicole) called me today to discuss my complaint and what I saw as a solution.

This is the second incident recently where I personally saw that Disney listens to it's customers.

Beaches and Cream Take Out.jpg

I could not find bus routes. I think resort to MK is direct. I'm thinking of combining AK with a Water Park day and may dress for both when leaving in the morning, but do not know if AK is first stop with water park (which) on return or Water Park stop is first stop before AK. Anyone know?
The bus stops at Blizzard Beach first and then goes to AK. It does the reverse on the return, leaving AK. then stopping at Blizzard Beach before returning to the YC/BC.

Will you share the solution?
MY OPINION...
  • Expand the take out menu to more than 4 items.
  • Take out part (or all) of Ariel's and make the place bigger. You could easily double the tables and keep it full.
  • Give the servers more room behind the counter.
  • Make the counter and take out area at least twice the size it is now.
I realize cutting back on the to go menu was probably due to the time it takes the servers to prepare the items. The area they have to work is SO small and during the summer they probably get swamped. Give them the room they need.

MY OPINION...
  • Take out part (or all) of Ariel's and make the place bigger. You could easily double the tables and keep it full.
I realize cutting back on the to go menu was probably due to the time it takes the servers to prepare the items. The area they have to work is SO small and during the summer they probably get swamped. Give them the room they need.
Excellent suggestions

I am going to attempt to introduce you all to my new Diabetic Alert dog in training.... Mya trixie Baymax ( Mya for short)

11016047_10205888866731583_1279936595215080501_n.jpg

MY OPINION...
I realize cutting back on the to go menu was probably due to the time it takes the servers to prepare the items. The area they have to work is SO small and during the summer they probably get swamped. Give them the room they needt usually happen now..

IMO these are very thoughtful suggestions. Why wouldn't Disney want additional revenue and more happy guests?

Some expansion with additional seating might also enable walk-ups to be seated, which does not happen very often these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter