2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee the March activities schedule doesn't mention pool hours. Do you happen to know them for March?

Leaving in 1week and 1day!

Checked in to BC CL last evening!
So nice to be in the warmth; flew put of Providence, RI in the snow!

I'm glad you made it safely. The news is highlighting a couple plane issues. One was a delta plane that skidded off an icy runway in a NY airport.

Can you report the operating hours of the Marketplace and/or Storm Along? I read that all pools should remain open until 11PM, but need to know if lifeguards are present until close.

I'm glad you made it safely. The news is highlighting a couple plane issues. One was a delta plane that skidded off an icy runway in a NY airport.

Can you report the operating hours of the Marketplace and/or Storm Along? I read that all pools should remain open until 11PM, but need to know if lifeguards are present until close.

Marketplace open until 11, and Stormalong Bay appeared to have closed by 9:30 or 10 when we checked in.
I will will gather more info today.

Lounge is lovely, room is overlooking Storm along Bay.
It is one of the smaller rooms with the dormered ceiling.
Pretty and cozy!

Oooh how exciting! We'll be there in a few weeks. I booked a CL standard view this time in the hopes that we'll have a better chance of getting a daybed as we've not had great luck getting a daybed with our garden view and lagoon view rooms there.

Have fun!

SAB closed at 10 PM last night but it was a ghost town at 9:30 or so which we didn't mind too much :)

I am going to attempt to introduce you all to my new Diabetic Alert dog in training.... Mya trixie Baymax ( Mya for short)

11016047_10205888866731583_1279936595215080501_n.jpg

How awesome!! My 13 year old daughter has Type 1. I always tell the story of how from the day my daughter came home from the hospital after diagnosis, my dog went up to her every morning, put her face up to hers and stared at her to make sure she was ok. Just amazing!!!

God bless your family and your beautiful new companion!!

Jay

I'm on the Be Our Guest list for Mid-March but I just wanted to let everyone know that we're checking in on March 18, checking out March 21st. We've got a character breakfast at Cape May the morning that we check in but the rest of the day is going to be spent at the pool. If anyone has a toddler that would like a pool playmate please send me a message!

Pretty and cozy!

You're just the person I was hoping to find here!! :yay:

Can you tell me where they are in the room rehab? I heard they were done with the 4th floor, are they working down the floors (on 3rd floor now)? So, the second floor hasn't been stated yet?
I am due there with DH in less than 2 weeks, celebrating our 30th anniversary. DH STRONGLY DISLIKES Disney World, but suggested we go because I love it so, and I am worried that if there is a bunch of rehab noise and/or "path closures", I will never get him to go again!

I am going to attempt to introduce you all to my new Diabetic Alert dog in training.... Mya trixie Baymax ( Mya for short)

11016047_10205888866731583_1279936595215080501_n.jpg

Aw, so cute. And you kept Baymax in the name!

IMO these are very thoughtful suggestions. Why wouldn't Disney want additional revenue and more happy guests?

Some expansion with additional seating might also enable walk-ups to be seated, which does not happen very often these days.

I wanted to eat there last trip, but there was no way we were getting a table for five. We used the checkout counter to get the Mickey pants sink. First time took forever, even with a short line, in part because we had a peanut allergy in the group. But it didn't seem like anyone else was getting their ice cream much sooner than we were. I feel bad for the staff, being crammed in such a tight space.

Pretty and cozy!

Enjoy the warm! I had my first pre-vacation dream last night. Today, the doors to my car froze shut in the ten minute drive from my house to my office. Next week, we have a forecast of mostly 40s and some 50-degree temps. I'm excited to a silly degree.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered at some point, but I didn't see anything about BCV in my search results-- is in-room dining available for BCV?

We decided on typhoon since it has the wave pool and the water slide coaster. I've also read it has more of a theme park feel. Plus for 9.99 you get a huge sand pail full of ice cream that can feed four adults. That was the kicker for us!

At one 2 minute glance of a map and touring plan for both water parks - the most interested kid tells me Typhoon. I probably read the same blog reviewer for both parks. I will not be going for ambiance, though it does make the water park more special. I will be going for slides - and from what I read the slides at blizzard for better, especially for families. My group is all women (72 years young, 44, 15, and 14). Did they move Skylift to Blizzard? But, the shark pool would be missed. I do not get the thrill of being pounded by waves like being on a beach with a hurricane coming (been there), but I won't be able to give an opinion if I never try it. I am surprised this debate is not more active on the internet. Decisions...Decisions...

Hi, everyone. I am rejoining the thread! After our awesome vacation last summer at BC, we booked another one for this summer! This time it's club level! I have a couple of questions for the group. 1. Is the fourth floor renovation done? And where can I find pictures of the new rooms? (Sorry I didn't read all of the 186 new pages) and 2. What is Ariel's? Is it an abandoned restaurant? What did it used to be? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Hi, everyone. I am rejoining the thread! After our awesome vacation last summer at BC, we booked another one for this summer! This time it's club level! I have a couple of questions for the group. 1. Is the fourth floor renovation done? And where can I find pictures of the new rooms? (Sorry I didn't read all of the 186 new pages) and 2. What is Ariel's? Is it an abandoned restaurant? What did it used to be? Anyone know?

Thanks!

No need to scan through the entire thread. Go to page #1 and there's a hyperlink to the Beach Club Resort Rooms. If you click on it you will be taken to the page that has pics of the newly refurbed rooms. And if you click on the hyperlink for Club Level you will see pics of the newly refurbed Club Lounge!

Just an FYI, the 1st page of these FAQ Threads are where you can get 90-95% of your questions answered. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter