2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I've been using the new board a bit thru the day, I'm liking it more. It's just a matter of getting used to it. Love that you can post pics easily without having to use photobucket.
There's a thing to click on top of the page to subscribe. It says Watch Thread.

Ahhh, finally got in. Can't find the threads I had subscribed to any longer (anybody know where those might be?) and my picture is gone and not sure how to subscribe to this thread...not much for change I guess :) debating if I should stay up til midnight to complete my fast passes!! 60 more days!

I stayed up and was glad that I did. I wanted an Anna and Elsa fastpass and there was only one left during my stay (it was a FP at 11pm). It was worth it to me, but if you are not looking for something specific, just do it in the morning.

I love the detailed pictures that Shoreward posted! That was great showing the light switch by the bed and the "Table Tower (of Terror)" plugs and USB ports.

Abow74, I would definitely stay up until midnight and book those FP+. The in demand ones like 7 dwarfs mine train and Anna and Elsa meet and greet as well as Toy Story Mania are really hard to get if you wait until the next morning to book.

A word to the wise... If you stay up until 12 am (or 1 am if that's when your window opens... the 1 am FP+ window opening time has to do with the park hours on a given day... no one really knows why THAT is!)... you will get your FP+ times WHEN you need them and you stand the best chance of getting exactly WHAT you want.

Best Aunt, stick with us! We will talk you off of the ledge and back into the building of this new Disboards design :hug:. I have a feeling that doing certain things just got a lot easier :thumbsup2. It's like the Dis boards FINALLY joined the 21st century. Perhaps it took them so long to catch up because the powers that be still feared that Y2K would rear it's ghostly head and set their clocks back to 1900 ;) ::yes:: .

~NM
PS, when you click on my avatar you can see all the sparkly sequins in my Ninja suit! :woohoo:

Just joined tonight! My and DD are headed to BC for 10 nights FEB/MAR for her spring break and to celebrate her 19th Bday. Since she started college, gone are the days when all of us could vacation during school breaks. (Not that DS minds much-he and DH will be headed to Moab, Utah for his spring break.) This will be our second "just girls" trip. We booked a deluxe CL room that hopefully has already been renovated. When we were there last Feb I got horrifically bad food poisoning from Maya Grill and spent two days in bed. Here's hoping that won't happen again.....

We are coming to the BC tomorrow for our first stay there and are super excited! I just had a thought and wanted to confirm...if we are a family of 5 are we guaranteed to have room with a day bed? We have 3 kids ages 7 & up. For my room requests I did a balcony and close to the lobby as my requests. I assumed a day bed was a given and not so something I needed to request but now I want to make sure that is correct. Really don't want to deal with a rollaway.

We are coming to the BC tomorrow for our first stay there and are super excited! I just had a thought and wanted to confirm...if we are a family of 5 are we guaranteed to have room with a day bed? We have 3 kids ages 7 & up. For my room requests I did a balcony and close to the lobby as my requests. I assumed a day bed was a given and not so something I needed to request but now I want to make sure that is correct. Really don't want to deal with a rollaway.
"Guarantee" is a word that I do not believe to be in the mouse's vocabulary. You "should" get a room with a day bed as all five are over the age of 3. Just ask when you check-in. I'm sure they will do everything they can to accomodate you.

I haven't looked to confirm yet as our August dates are 2/22 for ADRs, but Easy Disney usually has their crowd calendars out, and says EMH etc. Of course everything is subject to change, as Janet & I found out last Aug when we showed up at DHS for morning EMH only to find out it was changed.

Edited to add, it's not JanetMom I was referring to. Another Janet. Just occurred to me people and Janet on this thread may have thought I lost it lol!! Although this DHS mix up did happen last August! But with Janet of The Resort Changers thread :-)
Although I did have the good fortune to spend time with JanetMom & Ninja on that trip too!

Thanks for the tip! I'll poke around today! We're very excited as this is the first time ever that we'll be in Disney alone! We sorta don't know what to do with ourselves! I think the only things we neeeeeed to get on fast are BOG (which I'm begrudgingly giving a 2nd try), and the standard Anna and Elsa FP. I guess we can make those at midnight next week and wait for full calendar for the rest.

You will have priority for a room with a daybed. The only reason you would not have a daybed is if there are no more rooms available with one at the time of checkin. I think that situation is rare, but yes, if that is the case then you would be given a rollaway cot. If there is only one room with a daybed available when you are checking in, and there is a family of four who has requested a room with a daybed, my understanding is that you would get that room. I don't think you need to request it.

February Activities and Movie Schedule

Please note that the Campfire and Movie on the Beach are only scheduled for Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. On Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, there is no campfire and the movie will be show in the Solarium. It was that way for January, too, but I only noticed the movies, not the campfire.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what currency is used for the washers and dryers at BC? Quarters, dollars, or credit cards as in POFQ? thanks

I haven't used the laundry at BC, but last I knew, it was quarters. We do have a section on Page 1 with laundry info (Amenities Post 5). If anyone has used the laundry room recently, can you confirm the payment options. Thanks!

:thumbsup2

Interestingly... A friend who is there now went to check out the laundry rooms and they are currently using coins.

However, she talked to a manager who said that all washers and dryers are being taken out and replaced with new ones that don't take money ... there is a computer type machine where you put in your credit card and buy a "laundry card" for whatever amount you want. You swipe this laundry card for the washers and dryers. If there is anything left over and you want to cash in the "Laundry card", you do it in the same machine where you purchased your card and your credit card gets a credit for whatever you didn't use.

You will be able to see which washers and dryers are being used via your smart phone and then when you are using dryer #4, you can watch to see how much time is left before the load is done on your smart phone.

It will change out in the villas and BC first and then the YC.

Target date is mid-February. I would appreciate if someone who has an upcoming trip can report back to me if they encounter the new machines so I can update the first page with this info.

Thanks!!!

I haven't used the laundry at BC, but last I knew, it was quarters. We do have a section on Page 1 with laundry info (Amenities Post 5). If anyone has used the laundry room recently, can you confirm the payment options. Thanks!

:thumbsup2

Interestingly... A friend who is there now went to check out the laundry rooms and they are currently using coins.

However, she talked to a manager who said that all washers and dryers are being taken out and replaced with new ones that don't take money ... there is a computer type machine where you put in your credit card and buy a "laundry card" for whatever amount you want. You swipe this laundry card for the washers and dryers. If there is anything left over and you want to cash in the "Laundry card", you do it in the same machine where you purchased your card and your credit card gets a credit for whatever you didn't use.

You will be able to see which washers and dryers are being used via your smart phone and then when you are using dryer #4, you can watch to see how much time is left before the load is done on your smart phone.

It will change out in the villas and BC first and then the YC.

Target date is mid-February. I would appreciate if someone who has an upcoming trip can report back to me if they encounter the new machines so I can update the first page with this info.

Thanks!!!

Somebody needs to do an emergency sweep and clear those chairs of their chair hog detritus! Not counting those 5 chairs there are only 4,967 empty chairs left at Stormalong bay and you never know when the rush is on. Attention Sue M! You are the closest "Chair Marshall" in the field. Break out the leaf blower and clear the area for us would you?

~NM.

Oh my gosh!! LOL!!! Adding leaf blower to my packing list :)

Somebody needs to do an emergency sweep and clear those chairs of their chair hog detritus! Not counting those 5 chairs there are only 4,967 empty chairs left at Stormalong bay and you never know when the rush is on. Attention Sue M! You are the closest "Chair Marshall" in the field. Break out the leaf blower and clear the area for us would you?

~NM.

Just joined tonight! My and DD are headed to BC for 10 nights FEB/MAR for her spring break and to celebrate her 19th Bday. Since she started college, gone are the days when all of us could vacation during school breaks. (Not that DS minds much-he and DH will be headed to Moab, Utah for his spring break.) This will be our second "just girls" trip. We booked a deluxe CL room that hopefully has already been renovated. When we were there last Feb I got horrifically bad food poisoning from Maya Grill and spent two days in bed. Here's hoping that won't happen again.....
Welcome!!! Crossing our fingers for you that don't get food poisoning...I've never heard of anyone getting sick eating at Beaches & Cream...go there instead!

Thanks for the tip! I'll poke around today! We're very excited as this is the first time ever that we'll be in Disney alone! We sorta don't know what to do with ourselves! I think the only things we neeeeeed to get on fast are BOG (which I'm begrudgingly giving a 2nd try), and the standard Anna and Elsa FP. I guess we can make those at midnight next week and wait for full calendar for the rest.

So Scott, I see we are both stsying at Poly! Maybe we can try again for a meet! Looking forward to Trader SAMs to open! What day do you get in? We arrive on 22nd.

Wow, this would be great! I hope all resorts eventually switch. I just was at POR doing laundry last week. Still need $2 of quarters for each, wash & dry. And while putting coins in dryer, the thing jamed when I tried to push it in. Ugh.
I only had $20 dollar bills, didn't want $20 in quarters from change machine. Would have had to go back to room, get my $ take it to lobby front desk to get change, then back to laundry room. Just couldn't face doing that, with recent knee surgery, and knee was swollen up so used phone in laundry room, pushed housekeeping and explained my situation. They sent someone down with more Quarters for me, they couldn't UN jam machine either! I was so grateful.
Getting rid of those old machines will be the best thing ever!!!

Last stay at YC, half of them were out of order! By quiet pool. Buzzy prob got them too sticky slopping his maraschino cherries all over the place!

So Scott, I see we are both stsying at Poly! Maybe we can try again for a meet! Looking forward to Trader SAMs to open! What day do you get in? We arrive on 22nd.

We are at Poly (maybe...if construction is mostly done) from 8/14-8/19, then we move to BC from 8/19-8/23.

Still very on the fence about Poly, as it was never my dream resort to begin with, but DP has always wanted to stay there, and we could not be the "magical" price we got. I am keeping an eye on construction almost daily. If the quiet pool is really torn up and or any of the restaurants are down for refurbishment, we will be jumping ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter