2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave2:
Wanted to pop in and wish everyone a Happy New Year!! I've been away from everything for the last 2 weeks and boy do I have some catching up to do.

Quick question about standard rooms at the Beach Club. Has anyone stayed in a room that is over towards the YC near the truck loading bay? Is it loud? Overall I'm not too concerned about sound levels, and I don't care about my view, but I thought I read somewhere that it gets really loud in one area of the BC early in the morning because the trucks beeping when they reverse etc. Thoughts?

Hi All, we'll be at a 2 BR BCV from Jan 10 - Jan 20 - SOooooo excited!! First trip to WDW! I'm wondering how fun the pool parties are for 4, 6 and 10 yr olds? It says they have things like charades, building sand castles etc. Is it something we'd come back from a park for? I understand there are reno's at the BC and SAB and it kind of makes us sad! But I'm sure we'll love it. Thanks! Renee

Why are you sad about the renovations? At worst they won't affect you at all, at best, you'll get to use some great newly renovated areas! Disney is great at keeping construction hidden. Don't be sad!

The pool activities are a lot of fun for the kids. We usually have at least one pool day if it is warm enough. It can be very hit or miss temperature-wise in January. Personally I wouldn't leave a park in order to do something at the pool if this is your first trip to DW, but if you plan to have a down day then definitely go for it! You will find that there are so many things to do on Disney property, there is absolutely no way to do it all. That is why there are so many repeat visitors. You will have a blast!

Quick question about standard rooms at the Beach Club. Has anyone stayed in a room that is over towards the YC near the truck loading bay? Is it loud? Overall I'm not too concerned about sound levels, and I don't care about my view, but I thought I read somewhere that it gets really loud in one area of the BC early in the morning because the trucks beeping when they reverse etc. Thoughts?

In my experience, it was loud. I was staying CL, so fifth floor. We had room 5232. The trucks started backing up before six a.m. I'd already asked to move to another room because I didn't want to look at dumpsters every time I went on to the balcony. They were able to move us the next day so I only had to deal with it one night. Honestly, I'd have been crazed by the end of the week waking up to that every morning. I get up at 5:30 every day to go to work not when I'm on vacation.

Have the deluxe rooms been renovated yet or are they done when the floor that they are on get done? Trying to decide whether to try to switch from lagoon view cl to a deluxe for the extra room. Can't remember if I saw anything about them be done already or not. TIA!

Hi all, I am new to this thread. We currently have reservations at Caribbean beach and are considering switching to Beach Club. Would you recommend this and Why. I would like some personal opinions other that the difference in amenities. Thanks so much for your help

What do you think our room request should say if we want to be away from the truck loading dock or whatever it is? I am a light sleeper & that would not be good to be up at 5:30!

In my experience, it was loud. I was staying CL, so fifth floor. We had room 5232. The trucks started backing up before six a.m. I'd already asked to move to another room because I didn't want to look at dumpsters every time I went on to the balcony. They were able to move us the next day so I only had to deal with it one night. Honestly, I'd have been crazed by the end of the week waking up to that every morning. I get up at 5:30 every day to go to work not when I'm on vacation.

Thanks Tarak!

Same question as the PP....what would you recommend putting on room request if you don't want to be near the truck loading bay?

What do you think our room request should say if we want to be away from the truck loading dock or whatever it is? I am a light sleeper & that would not be good to be up at 5:30!
Thanks Tarak! Same question as the PP....what would you recommend putting on room request if you don't want to be near the truck loading bay?

I would request close to transportation. Hopefully that will get you a room close to the elevators which are nowhere near the dumpster end of the hallway. Good luck!

Were you at the Yacht Club? There seems to be a loading dock near the guest rooms over there.

Thanks Tarak!

Same question as the PP....what would you recommend putting on room request if you don't want to be near the truck loading bay?

The loading dock area is near the YC. I don't think there is very much noise from the loading dock for the BC guests, since there is a huge flat roof blocking the view of the dock area. But if you are staying at the BC you could request a room near the lobby or close to Epcot. Then you won't be anywhere near that area. :)

Another excellent question about your return to the YC. I am not an expert on the operating hours of the monorail, but I suspect you should be fine getting back to the MK to take the bus, or to take the monorail from the TTC to EPCOT.

Only thing I don't know is what would happen if you arrive at EP after it closes at 9. Will they still let you in to walk through? Not clear. Plus, based on timing, you may be swimming upstream fighting foot traffic of everyone trying to leave EP after Illuminations.

Transportation generally operates for an hour after MK closing, so should be running till 9 the nights you need it. Depending on how long you dine, you should be able to get back to MK with no problem to catch a bus. Agree with pp that you may have an issue getting thru Epcot if you arrive close to 9, however, so that may need to be a game-time decision once you arrive at MK.

Okay - that's great to know! The night at the Polynesian is, of course, the later meal, so we'll have to see how things go (walk to TTC, take bus... somewhere, depending on time - MK to bus back to Epcot? Epcot to fight upstream to the other side?!), but we should be okay to walk from Contemporary to MK and bus back. As my husband said "the worst that happens is we have to go to Downtown Disney." There was, amusingly, an article in our local paper about the renovation going on there so now he's really interested. I... can't say why. Maybe to one last time visit before the name change? :confused3

We've got 19 days to go. Today was the first day schools were back in session and my work place was at 100%. It was also our first gross weather day and we all drove to work on icy snow covered roads because, you know, the fact that weather happens in Michigan in January is always a huge shock. Anyway! In 19 days, I won't be dealing with this once I'm on the plane!

Okay - that's great to know! The night at the Polynesian is, of course, the later meal, so we'll have to see how things go (walk to TTC, take bus... somewhere, depending on time - MK to bus back to Epcot? Epcot to fight upstream to the other side?!), but we should be okay to walk from Contemporary to MK and bus back. As my husband said "the worst that happens is we have to go to Downtown Disney." There was, amusingly, an article in our local paper about the renovation going on there so now he's really interested. I... can't say why. Maybe to one last time visit before the name change?
I really hate to say this but for the money (approx. $20) a cab ride back from the Poly to the YC/BC was the best thing we did after a late dinner at the Poly. It was just too easy to do and a heck of a lot more convenient.

Katesdad

Hi all, I am new to this thread. We currently have reservations at Caribbean beach and are considering switching to Beach Club. Would you recommend this and Why. I would like some personal opinions other that the difference in amenities. Thanks so much for your help

The main asset: Location. Location. Location.

Nothing beats strolling over to World Showcase for some late night dining and/or people watching. And to walk/boat over to HS is great.

And Stormalong Bay. It can be intimidating to start but once you get settled in there's nothing like it on property.

page 157-160

I am loving reading through this thread! I've always wanted to stay at BC and this summer I am :cheer2: Doing a split stay first at AKL June 21-23 and then the 23-26 at BC. So excited!!

:welcome: (back?)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Can anyone let me know what type of coffee makers are in the rooms? I'm staying in a Garden room at the end of the month and would like to bring coffee from home, but need a little info before. Are they they single cup type of coffee filter baggies? I wouldn't think it would be more than a single cup type, but I could be wrong. Also, what type of coffee do they provide in the rooms?

Thanks in advance :)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for January. Which resort?

:woohoo:

Same type of machine was in our CBR room and we brought coffee pods with us. Found them online at Coffee King and they worked out great! I took the pods, which are individually sealed, out of the box and put them in a ziplock in our checked bag.

Thanks for this info. I'll add it to the coffee info in the FAQ post. Anyone have other suggestions where to purchase pods that will fit in the Cuisinart machines?

:thumbsup2

OK quick question... Has anyone ever used their Amazon Prime to send things to the resort? I am trying to decide on packing some essentials in a suitcase, mailing myself or using my Prime account? We only have 20 days till check in and I'm trying to tie up some loose ends. TIA

Bump!!!

I have not shipped anything using Amazon Prime, but if they use UPS, then your items will be shipped to the convention center and you will be charged a weight based fee to pick it up, plus you will need to do so during certain hours. Probably best to either take the things yourself or mail via USPS to the resort.

I just did online check-in for YC and my options were: (pick 2)
Ground Floor
Lower Floor
Upper Floor
Early check-in (choosing this option means early check-in is more important than room location)

I picked upper floor, and will call to see if I can add "facing Epcot" to my room request.

Thanks for this info. Strange that they don't have "Near Transportation" anymore.

I'll update the info on the FAQ post.

:goodvibes

I check in April 4th (BC) for the first time. I wasn't going to check in online (eligible next month) because I will go to the desk to make sure I have a daybed (we are a family if 5) since I was told not to bother requesting this because it should happen anyway. My reservation currently has a full balcony noted. I need to add upper floor to this reservation but I'm afraid to ask for too much :) should I avoid online check in or do so, add the upper floor request and then still visit the front desk to make sure I have a daybed or if I check in online, do I mess up any opportunity to make changes if needed upon check in?

If you will be discussing your options at checkin (daybed, full balcony, upper floor), then it is best not to check in online and wait so you can see what is available when you are there.

BTW- has anyone else read that the resorts may be going to a checkin process where if you checkin online, you won't have to stop at the resort first before going to the parks? Not sure when this will start, and when or if the BC/YC will be doing this, but I will keep you posted if I see any news.

:)

Could you please change our dates? We will now be staying BC 7/17-7/23/15. We were only able to book a bounce back for the last 3 days of our stay so we decided to try the WL for those days. This way DD gets her 21st b'day at her favorite resort and DS gets to try his choice of WL for his 19th. Our kids must have great parents! LOL!

Will do!!! What a great compromise for the kids' birthdays!!!

It says this when you go to room requests on the online check in site for the BCV:

Add up to 2 room requests. Though we try to honor all requests, we cannot guarantee them, unless otherwise indicated below.

Housekeeping Requests:
Pack 'n Play® Playard

Room Requests:
Ground floor
Near transportation

Have a sudio room booked if you think that matters. Am at 12 days now and are getting so nervous hoping I havnt forgottens something it is redicoulus. Will try to take pics of the view and room for the view thread if I remember.

Thank you so much for this info and your offer to take pictures. Everybody's willingness to contribute is what makes this thread so great.

Hi All, we'll be at a 2 BR BCV from Jan 10 - Jan 20 - SOooooo excited!! First trip to WDW!

I'm wondering how fun the pool parties are for 4, 6 and 10 yr olds? It says they have things like charades, building sand castles etc. Is it something we'd come back from a park for?

I understand there are reno's at the BC and SAB and it kind of makes us sad! But I'm sure we'll love it.

Thanks!
Renee

Here's an official :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Question about CL. We will be staying in YC, is the nespresso maker only new in BC? Or is there an updated machine in the YC lounge? Thanks

Great question! I am assuming that the YC CL coffee machine has not been replaced yet. Anyone stay at YC CL recently who can confirm?

:wave2:
Wanted to pop in and wish everyone a Happy New Year!! I've been away from everything for the last 2 weeks and boy do I have some catching up to do.

:wave:

Happy New Year to you, too!

Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list? October?

Have the deluxe rooms been renovated yet or are they done when the floor that they are on get done? Trying to decide whether to try to switch from lagoon view cl to a deluxe for the extra room. Can't remember if I saw anything about them be done already or not. TIA!

I think they are being done floor by floor.

page 157-160 Continued

MickeyT stole my exact answer:

The main asset: Location. Location. Location.

Nothing beats strolling over to World Showcase for some late night dining and/or people watching. And to walk/boat over to HS is great.

And Stormalong Bay. It can be intimidating to start but once you get settled in there's nothing like it on property.

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Same to you!!!

Okay - that's great to know! The night at the Polynesian is, of course, the later meal, so we'll have to see how things go (walk to TTC, take bus... somewhere, depending on time - MK to bus back to Epcot? Epcot to fight upstream to the other side?!), but we should be okay to walk from Contemporary to MK and bus back. As my husband said "the worst that happens is we have to go to Downtown Disney." There was, amusingly, an article in our local paper about the renovation going on there so now he's really interested. I... can't say why. Maybe to one last time visit before the name change? :confused3

We've got 19 days to go. Today was the first day schools were back in session and my work place was at 100%. It was also our first gross weather day and we all drove to work on icy snow covered roads because, you know, the fact that weather happens in Michigan in January is always a huge shock. Anyway! In 19 days, I won't be dealing with this once I'm on the plane!

Katesdad stole my answer for this one. If it looks like it will be close, or if you are absolutely wiped out at the end of the day, a taxi is the way to go. Super convenient- there should be one waiting right at the Poly lobby.

I really hate to say this but for the money (approx. $20) a cab ride back from the Poly to the YC/BC was the best thing we did after a late dinner at the Poly. It was just too easy to do and a heck of a lot more convenient.

Katesdad

::yes::

The loading dock area is near the YC. I don't think there is very much noise from the loading dock for the BC guests, since there is a huge flat roof blocking the view of the dock area. But if you are staying at the BC you could request a room near the lobby or close to Epcot. Then you won't be anywhere near that area. :)

I think my brain is mixed up - not hard to do! Aren't 'close to Epcot' & 'near the lobby' in opposite directions? No? I think I need to pull up a map!

I think my brain is mixed up - not hard to do! Aren't 'close to Epcot' & 'near the lobby' in opposite directions? No? I think I need to pull up a map!
For BC, yes, for YC, no. However, I think what is being suggested is that if you are at the BC and request "Close to Epcot" you may be more likely to get a room that is not near the dumpsters. Not having stayed at BC in a SV room I'm not 100% certain about this but the map seems to indicate that this is so.

For BC, yes, for YC, no. However, I think what is being suggested is that if you are at the BC and request "Close to Epcot" you may be more likely to get a room that is not near the dumpsters. Not having stayed at BC in a SV room I'm not 100% certain about this but the map seems to indicate that this is so.

Right :thumbsup2 - If you are near the lobby you are far away from the dumpsters. If you are near Epcot you are even farther away, since the service area is to the far right of the BC rooms as you look at this map. ;) The orange area indicates the guest rooms at the BC. As you can see, there is a huge flat roof, indicated by pink, between the guest rooms and the service areas.

The dumpster area is between the YC and BC. You can see a road that leads to the service area. The reason the YC gets noise from the trucks is that they have an additional loading area that serves the convention center.

Here is the map:

BCYCMap-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter