2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can totally appreciate being directionally challenged- it runs in my family and we once got lost between Asia and Africa in AK (I think we were on the secret trail)
For some reason, I sometimes lose my bearings at AK, as well. I discovered that a compass, either on my phone or a small handheld compass (got a great one at Target), in combination with the map, worked out really well last time. Boy - it sure saved a lot of time not walking around in circles. :)

It's 3 per person per day (limited to 1 park). They can be the same 3 or 3 different attractions for each person. When you go in to make your selections, you will choose the party that you are selecting for, which can be everyone or just one or 2 people. There is a great thread on here that details the entire process with MDX screen shots - check it out!

Thank you! That's what I thought but wanted to have an idea before we start booking them next month!

Anyone buy coffee pods and bring them with them? If so, where did you purchase said coffee?

Same type of machine was in our CBR room and we brought coffee pods with us. Found them online at Coffee King and they worked out great! I took the pods, which are individually sealed, out of the box and put them in a ziplock in our checked bag.

Same type of machine was in our CBR room and we brought coffee pods with us. Found them online at Coffee King and they worked out great! I took the pods, which are individually sealed, out of the box and put them in a ziplock in our checked bag.

Awesome! I'll have to check out their site. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

OK quick question... Has anyone ever used their Amazon Prime to send things to the resort? I am trying to decide on packing some essentials in a suitcase, mailing myself or using my Prime account? We only have 20 days till check in and I'm trying to tie up some loose ends. TIA

The last time I updated this info on Page 1, these were the online checkin options. It has been awhile, so I don't know if any have changed. I am also not sure why BCV lists full balcony as an option, since all rooms have large balconies. DVC friends- does anyone know if this still appears on the list for online checkins?

Beach Club 60 Day Check In:

Room Request Options- Choose 2 of the three listed:

Large balcony
Lower floor
Near transportation

Yacht Club 60 Day Check In:

Lower Floor
Near Transportation

Beach Club Villa 60 Day Check In:

Room Request Options-Choose 2 out of the four listed:

Near Elevator
Lower Floor
Woods View
Larger Balcony

:)

I just did online check-in for YC and my options were: (pick 2)
Ground Floor
Lower Floor
Upper Floor
Early check-in (choosing this option means early check-in is more important than room location)

I picked upper floor, and will call to see if I can add "facing Epcot" to my room request.

I check in April 4th (BC) for the first time. I wasn't going to check in online (eligible next month) because I will go to the desk to make sure I have a daybed (we are a family if 5) since I was told not to bother requesting this because it should happen anyway. My reservation currently has a full balcony noted. I need to add upper floor to this reservation but I'm afraid to ask for too much :) should I avoid online check in or do so, add the upper floor request and then still visit the front desk to make sure I have a daybed or if I check in online, do I mess up any opportunity to make changes if needed upon check in?

Could you please change our dates? We will now be staying BC 7/17-7/23/15. We were only able to book a bounce back for the last 3 days of our stay so we decided to try the WL for those days. This way DD gets her 21st b'day at her favorite resort and DS gets to try his choice of WL for his 19th. Our kids must have great parents! LOL!

The last time I updated this info on Page 1, these were the online checkin options. It has been awhile, so I don't know if any have changed. I am also not sure why BCV lists full balcony as an option, since all rooms have large balconies. DVC friends- does anyone know if this still appears on the list for online checkins?

Beach Club 60 Day Check In:

Room Request Options- Choose 2 of the three listed:

Large balcony
Lower floor
Near transportation

Yacht Club 60 Day Check In:

Lower Floor
Near Transportation

Beach Club Villa 60 Day Check In:

Room Request Options-Choose 2 out of the four listed:

Near Elevator
Lower Floor
Woods View
Larger Balcony

:)

It says this when you go to room requests on the online check in site for the BCV:

Add up to 2 room requests. Though we try to honor all requests, we cannot guarantee them, unless otherwise indicated below.

Housekeeping Requests:
Pack 'n Play® Playard

Room Requests:
Ground floor
Near transportation

Have a sudio room booked if you think that matters. Am at 12 days now and are getting so nervous hoping I havnt forgottens something it is redicoulus. Will try to take pics of the view and room for the view thread if I remember.

Does the YC/BC both have coffee mugs in the gift shop (resort merchandise type)? Specific YC ones and BC ones? I know a lot of the resorts are getting them now and wondered. It's my souvenir of choice lol.

Not 2 minutes after I posted that I think I've answered my own question looking at the beginning of the thread. lol. Still there though?
And though I'm not the op of the question about it, thanks for the info on room requests. Room requests for my stay are something I still have to think about.

I wonder if you can request a car seat from cab company? Maybe someone would know? Mears is the cab company Disney uses, you could call and ask. Seems too much work to drag a car seat for one 10 min drive.

If you're planning on spending the day at Epcot, walking from Poly to the TTC for Epcot monorail is the way to go! If you're planning on checking into BC first, maybe the bus to DHS would be easier, then walk or boat to BC. So you don't have to get on line at Epcot for bag checking :

Getting lost on Pangani trail :dance3: hilarious!

Tara - I love the monorail ride from the TTC to Epcot. One of my favorite rides at all of Disney! OK so the luggage....we have resort hopped several times. Typically have just taken a cab to the new resort with the luggage. So cab would be easiest if you can check out the car seat situation as Sue suggested.

Good luck. Great thing about Disney, lots of helpful CM's for those directionally challenged individuals.

Rebecca

page 155-157

Cabbing it would definitely be the suggested way to go! Great suggestions from others to call to see if you can get a car seat for the cab ride.

Otherwise, your suggestion to cab with the luggage and send your sister and kids along by monorail is an excellent one.

I can totally appreciate being directionally challenged- it runs in my family and we once got lost between Asia and Africa in AK (I think we were on the secret trail)

Good luck!!!

:goodvibes

Thanks everyone! I think at this point, I'll plan to take a cab on my own (being alone for a few minutes might be bliss) and have my sister meet me in Epcot with the kids. Fortunately, my oldest daughter is not cursed like the directionally challenged side of the family (hardest hit are my mom, sister, and cousin who, ironically, fixed satellite relays when he was in the army). Amara was able to lead my mom from Norway through the world showcase to the YC last summer at night. I think she can probably handle things during the day. And my sister, at least, is willing to ask for directions.

I've not gone to the pool parties at the YC/BC, but I assume they are similar to what happens at AKL. My kids love them. Love, love, love them. They are pretty much geared to the tween and under set. Different games are played for small toys (sunglasses, sometimes tiny stuffed animals). I'll have to ask my oldest if she can remember the specific games. Bingo is always fun. One year, my oldest daughter won a game and got to pick a huge playdough set (which barely fit in our luggage). First time playing bingo - it's all pretty much downhill after winning playdough...

Thanks everyone! I think at this point, I'll plan to take a cab on my own (being alone for a few minutes might be bliss) and have my sister meet me in Epcot with the kids. Fortunately, my oldest daughter is not cursed like the directionally challenged side of the family (hardest hit are my mom, sister, and cousin who, ironically, fixed satellite relays when he was in the army). Amara was able to lead my mom from Norway through the world showcase to the YC last summer at night. I think she can probably handle things during the day. And my sister, at least, is willing to ask for directions.

I've not gone to the pool parties at the YC/BC, but I assume they are similar to what happens at AKL. My kids love them. Love, love, love them. They are pretty much geared to the tween and under set. Different games are played for small toys (sunglasses, sometimes tiny stuffed animals). I'll have to ask my oldest if she can remember the specific games. Bingo is always fun. One year, my oldest daughter won a game and got to pick a huge playdough set (which barely fit in our luggage). First time playing bingo - it's all pretty much downhill after winning playdough...

A good choice on resort change. I read yesterday that Disney started charging $25 starting this year to transfer luggage between resorts.

A good choice on resort change. I read yesterday that Disney started charging $25 starting this year to transfer luggage between resorts.

This is a rumor posted by a person that had no prior posts on the Dis Boards. This rumor was literally their first post. :stir:

So far no confirmation of this rumor has been found.

When I was a little Ninja, Momma Ninja used to say if it sounds unlikely it probably is. ::yes::

We shall see....

~NM

Pixarmom is there now & says she'll report back. Was kind of an odd first post!

Hi All, we'll be at a 2 BR BCV from Jan 10 - Jan 20 - SOooooo excited!! First trip to WDW!

I'm wondering how fun the pool parties are for 4, 6 and 10 yr olds? It says they have things like charades, building sand castles etc. Is it something we'd come back from a park for?

I understand there are reno's at the BC and SAB and it kind of makes us sad! But I'm sure we'll love it.

Thanks!
Renee

Question about CL. We will be staying in YC, is the nespresso maker only new in BC? Or is there an updated machine in the YC lounge? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter