2013 Free Dining Watch

The Stay Play Dine is the equivelant of 5 days worth of FD. Because the savings are capped at about $600, those staying longer than a week do not reap the benefit.

Wow, I didn't realize that. So you cannot save over $600? That kind of stinks. I just figured they meant on a 5 night stay that would be the savings. I need to learn to read deeper into things.

Wow, I didn't realize that. So you cannot save over $600? That kind of stinks. I just figured they meant on a 5 night stay that would be the savings. I need to learn to read deeper into things.

I guess i don't know for sure, but i don't think it is capped at $600. I have seen others that have said they saved over that. But without actually calling myself, (which i wouldn't get away with. I can get away checking the net though LOL) I won't know for sure.

To be honest, I am not as excited as many of you about the Stay Play Dine offer. I am really hoping FD is still in the cards when they release summer deals come April/May.

The Stay Play Dine is the equivelant of 5 days worth of FD. Because the savings are capped at about $600, those staying longer than a week do not reap the benefit.

They are not capped at $600. My savings looks like 1,200 when I did a quote online for my package.

Great news!!!! Thank you for the update!!! :cool1: I am not going until November, but in case this deal is there 'new' free dining, I want to be prepared.

Ok I just called and took advantage of this Visa Rewards offer. I had already been booked for Jan 3-13 at POR Royal Room, with dining plan and park hoppers. This offer just took $1000 off my bill. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I will still watch in case free dining comes out because that would probably save us another $500 or so. But I am happy to have this amount taken off right now!!

I wonder whether this is a decent idea for Solos to go Stay, Play and Dine or just take a room discount. To pay Kids prices for Dining is a significant savings for those who want to do Dining, but would that also include a savings on the room also. I know there are no savings on tickets from Disney.

hmm, wonder how much the wife, 3 year old and I would save at Pop for a week....would one come close to similar pricing on a moderate vs value or a deluxe vs moderate?

To be honest, I am not as excited as many of you about the Stay Play Dine offer. I am really hoping FD is still in the cards when they release summer deals come April/May.

My husband and I are staying at Boardwalk and are saving over 1k, so I don't think it's capped after 5 days. I am not sure how the discount works. There's only two of us and we are staying 8 nights.

Anyone know if only your check-in date has to be before the 3/7/2013 end date to get this deal? I was thinking of a week-long trip 1st week of March but hadn't planned on checking out until 3/9.

I just switched our reservation over to the new promo, and while talking to the agent, she mentioned that it's still very likely that free dining will be offered. I realize this is coming from a CM, so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm still hopeful!

Actually can anyone grab the list of eligible dates?? More specifically can anyone assure me that Feb 24th isn't in the list of excepted dates but it'd be nicer if we had a full list ;)

Sooooooooo exciting :)

I wonder whether this is a decent idea for Solos to go Stay, Play and Dine or just take a room discount. To pay Kids prices for Dining is a significant savings for those who want to do Dining, but would that also include a savings on the room also. I know there are no savings on tickets from Disney.

This is a discount on the total price of a room/tickets/dining package. It is not a discount specifically on the room, dining or tickets but on the full package.

I can't tell how this discount works as far as how many nights you can book or exactly what form the discount takes but it appears to be a varying percentage off the package price.

Long-time lurker... first time poster.

Is the 5-night stay deal just a packaged way of showing you how much you save overall by applying the room discount? That seems to be what my travel agent is saying... and that you don't have to stay a minimum of 5 days to get the discount, either - we are staying 4 nights, and can still apply the room discount and get similar overall savings (per night). When I do the math, however, this other promotion seems to be more than that.

Any agents out there willing to confirm? Is the five-day deal truly an adult at child's price option, or just the room discount applied to your overall package? Also - can it be applied if you're staying less than five nights?

Mousesavers describes this new discount as a percentage discount off the room, and you can also book a package with the same room discount. So it's really not a discount on the dining, or paying child's prices for the dining. The savings you get might end up being the equivalent of paying the child's prices for the dining.

I hope the savings aren't capped at $600. Let's see if it will be worthwhile for us or if we should just get the regular room-only and pay OOP for every meal.

QSDP would only work for us if free or with a huge discount as it will probably be more food than we would have considering we're staying for 14 nights and only going to disney parks for 7.5 days (other meals onsite include breakfast at PoP and other resorts and dinners at DTD).

I'll just have to wait till next week to try my package combination to see the savings.

At least we're having an offer :cheer2:, not FD though! :confused3

Mousesavers describes this new discount as a percentage discount off the room, and you can also book a package with the same room discount. So it's really not a discount on the dining, or paying child's prices for the dining. The savings you get might end up being the equivalent of paying the child's prices for the dining.

this seems to jive with what my travel agent explained to me as well... and would apply to really any # of nights.

hmm, wonder how much the wife, 3 year old and I would save at Pop for a week....would one come close to similar pricing on a moderate vs value or a deluxe vs moderate?

We are staying 5 nights 6 days at Movies and we saved $409 we have the DDP and do not have PH passes just plain tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter