2013 dates

Well, the mystery continues. Disney had a press conference scheduled for today in Miami and cancelled it! That's the second one they've cancelled. Sounds like they are still scrambling about next year's itineraries :confused3

Well, the mystery continues. Disney had a press conference scheduled for today in Miami and cancelled it! That's the second one they've cancelled. Sounds like they are still scrambling about next year's itineraries :confused3:sad2:
I believe the cancellation of the announcement has more to do with the recent cruise ship disaster more than anything.

Well, the mystery continues. Disney had a press conference scheduled for today in Miami and cancelled it! That's the second one they've cancelled. Sounds like they are still scrambling about next year's itineraries :confused3:sad2:

Actually, I think they're being sensitive about announcing news while They're still looking for victims of the Costa Concordia...especially with a possible Med cruise in the new itenararies.

Sorry, did not even think of that. My TA told me about this two days ago and neither of us even associated it with that. Thanks.

My thoughts are definitely with all those involved and their families. One thing is for sure -- none of Disney's captains would ever veer off course so a head waiter could waive to their family members onshore!

Also, any press conference right now would be difficult as the reporters would ONLY want to ask about the incident with Concordia, and how DCL would handle it.

It makes sense that they wait for all of the reasons listed on the board.

So sad that there are still people missing and unaccounted for. :(

Yes, it is beyond sad. I can't imagine what those families of the missing are going through. Hard enough to be the families of those who know their loved ones didn't make it, but to not know is unfathomable.

Has anyone heard any updates about the itinerary release dates? My TA said "it could be any time" - not sure what that means, but I'm curious if anyone else has anything more definitive.

Has anyone heard any updates about the itinerary release dates? My TA said "it could be any time" - not sure what that means, but I'm curious if anyone else has anything more definitive.

All I know is that I checked about 2 hours ago and it isn't out yet.

I just got off the phone with DCL reservations and I was told that they postponed the press conference because they are "finalizing iteneraries" and they should be released "by the end of this month".

I just got off the phone with DCL reservations and I was told that they postponed the press conference because they are "finalizing iteneraries" and they should be released "by the end of this month".

And that sounds like PR goobledy-gook...

Oh well, they will release things soon. I just doubt they've changed anything that they were planning to release.

And that sounds like PR goobledy-gook...

Oh well, they will release things soon. I just doubt they've changed anything that they were planning to release.
:thumbsup2

I hope it's by the end of the month. I'd like to finalize some plans! Plus, those Wonder 2012 itineraries are now less than 11 months away.

I did a search and do not see this posted anywhere, so sorry if I missed it. But there was an article in a Florida paper about the Wonder being ported in Miami this year! If that's true, what great potential for a different itinerary!

I did a search and do not see this posted anywhere, so sorry if I missed it. But there was an article in a Florida paper about the Wonder being ported in Miami this year! If that's true, what great potential for a different itinerary!

Yes, you missed it. That's supposedly why DCL's big press conference yesterday (that was cancelled) was going to be from Miami.

Just off the Dream and Capt Henry said it would be canceled and be released very soon. I asked about a canal and the answer was not an outright yes but if you can read between the lines.

Well if they bring the Wonder to Miami, they're going to have to do the Panama Canal at least eastbound. :thumbsup2 I'd love to do that again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter