2013 BOOK CHALLENGE! Are you in?

Put me down for 24. My Goodreads account says that I read 20 last year. I think I can do better than that. If I come up short in December I'll just throw in a few comic books. :rolleyes1

I'm starting with "The Passage" by Justin Cronin. Technically, I started it last year but I'm only 25 pages into it. Am I winning? :hyper:

I love this! I am in! I'll set a goal of 25 books - about 2 a month. Being a new teacher, this may be a stretch but I'll give it a go!

Excited to read Gone Girl, the 19th Stefanie Plum book and maybe check out another Evanovich series.

I'd love to join in. I'll set my goal at 40. I'm trying to get through Anna Karenina (sp?) right now, but I think I'm going to have to give it up and move on to something else. I have loved the suggestions and will try Gone Girl. I'm another one who couldn't stand the 50 Shades book, but I did enjoy The Book Thief and Hunger Games and a few other YA books.

Just joined Goodreads-looks like it will be very helpful.

I will go with 50. I'm trying to inspire my 10 year old to read more.

So we just made this challenge in my house as well.

One of my resolutions this year is to read more and less tv. I love to read, but somehow never find time. I'm going to try to read 30. I have about 25 on my Nook shelf to read so if I have to add more books, that's a good thing. One book I am trying to read this year is Les Mis. After seeing the play 4 times and the movie 2 times, I want to read the book. Although I do have a question. Because it is about 1500 pages can I count that as 2 books :rotfl2:?

I'm in! This is a great idea! I'll try for 40 books. I used to read more (maybe averaged a book a week) but now I probably average a book every 2 weeks, so this will be a bit of a stretch for me.

I joined goodreads and have a quick question. How do you mark books as 'currently reading'? There's a book on my 'to read' shelf that I'm currently reading. I've tried hitting the 'edit' button but nothing happens. :confused: Please help!

Also thanks to the poster who mentioned goodreads. There's a lot of useful tools, and I like how they give you book recommendations based on stuff you've already read! Very cool. :cool1:

ETA: Just hit the edit button for the 10th time....and it works! Now I can add books to my 'currently reading' shelf. Guess 10th time is the charm. lol

diznee25

Well, I need some encoragment to get back to reading. So I will go with 12 books so I have to read one a month. Im hoping to read the rest of carylon haines Sarah booth series if my libary has them. I dont even know if my libary does ereader books.

ok! just finished the first one for the year. A beautiful book called Bloom by Kelle Hampton. Her story of giving birth to a daughter with Downs. I cried several times but what a remarkable book. I highly recommend it :thumbsup2

Love this! I was always an avid reader until I got my iPad. Since then, instead of reading every night, I fool around playing games and reading Facebook on the iPad until I fall asleep. This year, it's back to reading for me! Two that are high on my list are The 12 Tribes of Hattie and Defending Jacob. Going to look for an App to track my reading.

I'm actually the opposite - the iPad kicked me into being a reader again. I love reading on the iPad and now am wondering how I ever read a paper book. I just got the mini and am thinking I am going to fly through more books than ever.

My first book for the new year is The Walking Dead Survivors Guide (graphic novel). Also taking suggestions for anything along the same lines as TWD.

I'm in!:cool1: I love to read!
Put me down for 25 books. I can probably read more than that, especially during the summer as I am a teacher (actually a middle school librarian), but sometimes life gets in the way and reading has to be put on the back burner.

I'm in for 30 books. I have been rereading my favorites from my childhood recently. Going to finish some of those in the next few weeks. Not sure what I'll read after that.

Debbie

I'm in for 30.

First book of the year for me is Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck. It's the 3rd book in the Tiger's Curse series (YA).

After this one, I'm going to try out my new Kindle. I've downloaded a ton of free books from Amazon for it ~ there have to be at least a few goods ones. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter