2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for starting another thread, Dee.

I haven't received any notification to sign-in for or participate in the trial. I've been periodically checking MDE and have successfully ordered Magic Bands and also managed to do my selection on FP+.

My dates are 30 Sep - 7 Oct. At time of writing, FP+ is not available on 30 Sep but I had no problems with selections from 1 - 6 Oct. Looks like the test might be opened to early October guests as well.

As I live in Australia, I do not expect the MB to be shipped out to me; but rather they should be waiting at the desk. For those interested, I did put my Australian address in as the shipping address.

And I love those pin identifiers! :goodvibes

I just wanted to let you know that according to Andre who handles the POR thread that tech is having a problem with FP+ for the Sept. 30th. You may want to keep trying for that date.

I found my way over here. It's really hot here ... yesterday on way to classroom at 8 AM it was 105.

Lily was very excited to see me at the airport!!!!

Thanks Dee for all your hard work here.

Quick answer: A garden view will NOT be a view of a parking lot. It will be a view of something green ... although it definitely could be dense woods and no garden. A true description of the garden view at the BC would be: "View of Something Green that is not a roof."

Hope everybody is having a wonderful time. And I sure hope Rosa's family will have some wonderful non-sick days before heading home. Jay, I'm glad pixie dust hit you and I wish I was there for a family hug!!

Just woke up back at home from a week at BC. Our family fell in love with the resort. The location was ideal, food options were great (we were not on DDP), the smell of the lobby, our mousekeeping, the size of the room, SAB...it was all fantastic. It's hard to imagine staying anywhere else. We visited GF and the Poly (our other resort wish list locations) and they did not feel as comfortable to us as BC.

Now it's off to unpack, do laundry, get the kiddos off to school, then start to sort through the thousands of pics that we took and our photopass pics.

Eventually I hope to get a trip report done.

Teena: Glad you arrived safe!!!

I bet Lily was looking for Mickey to exit the plane too :)

Just woke up back at home from a week at BC. Our family fell in love with the resort. The location was ideal, food options were great (we were not on DDP), the smell of the lobby, our mousekeeping, the size of the room, SAB...it was all fantastic. It's hard to imagine staying anywhere else. We visited GF and the Poly (our other resort wish list locations) and they did not feel as comfortable to us as BC.

Now it's off to unpack, do laundry, get the kiddos off to school, then start to sort through the thousands of pics that we took and our photopass pics.

Eventually I hope to get a trip report done.

So glad you enjoyed it!! It's hard NOT to fall in love with the place.

I am always shaking my head when I see people saying it's their least favorite resort:confused3

Someone asked a few pages back about the old blue H2O+ toiletries. The Marketplace sold the bath gel or the after sun gel only when i was there in July. (I cant remember which gel it was....sorry!). In the health club, it is available in the dispensers in the shower....unfortunately you can't take that with you as they are attached to the wall. :)

The Aquatics line is available on the H2O+ website for purchase. I have also found them at Carsons (a Midwest department store). This scent is my favorite as well! The new grapefruit line is growing on me but my heart will always be with Aquatics. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Maybe we should all sport a shiner while we are at BC to be result recognized by our fellow YC/BC peeps while on vacation! It can be our new LGMH and it's a lot more obvious than the laminated Sunken Treasure recipe card!

Thanks for the live reports everyone! You rock for taking time out of your vacation to keep us all living vicariously through you!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You big "meaning" you! We will be waiting for takeoff this time tomorrow too! Flight at 9:20. Woohoo! My kids are now bouncing off the walls! Trying to make the day go by quick so it can be tomorrow already.

We will be taking off tomorrow as well. We have a 8:25 flight. Safe travels everyone

Has anyone seen or purchased the disney Alex and Ani bracelets? If so where do you find them?

I noticed here were still some requests for SV pics. These are not great but I snapped then early this morning before check out. Hope t helps someone. As someone who has in the past asked for a different room based on a bad standard view, I was content with the view we had this time.

We were facing the bus stop, which you really cannot see through the trees. Had a view of the roof. Spaceship earth to the right. Could see illuminations to the far right.

CD36ED68-3038-4C83-993B-1BE38888E0E0-7467-0000020A51BB8021.jpg

5DAFB424-F3AF-446F-95D7-26BD331AB3B6-7467-0000020A4445CCF6.jpg

E875397B-F86E-4941-B0B4-E5A34C5FE915-7467-0000020A2EC5FE10.jpg

4C0599C2-9881-4FA9-B5CD-50CB2A961D0D-7467-0000020A1FF0157C.jpg

beach club bum and husband will be staying at BC 9/19-9/29. we are celebrating our anniversary and hubby's BIG 50!

Has anyone seen or purchased the disney Alex and Ani bracelets? If so where do you find them?

I bought one last month! They are very cool! They come in gold tone and silver with I think 2 or 3 different charms to pick from. I first saw them in the gift shop at at the international gateway entrance, but they are available behind the counter at most shops that have a jewelry section. They also have a facebook page and a website with other pieces.

Have fun!!
~N

I bought one last month! They are very cool! They come in gold tone and silver with I think 2 or 3 different charms to pick from. I first saw them in the gift shop at at the international gateway entrance, but they are available behind the counter at most shops that have a jewelry section. They also have a facebook page and a website with other pieces.

Have fun!!
~N

AWESOME! Thank you so much. I will be on the look out for them. I saw pictures of them on the disney blog and they were so cute. I thought I have to get those!

So....just wondering...I just found my way to the "old" Disney website trying to find a place to add celebrations to the ADR's which apparently we can no longer do ourselves without calling. I managed to get it done for BOG weeks ago, but none of the others are giving me the option. Anyways, I read that maybe I could do it on the old site. Tried, but it's not able to pull up the dining reservations at this time. Okay. BUT I looked at the resort reservations details and noticed that in Room Category Type is listed "Garden View" and we booked Standard View. Do you think that means they upgraded us to a Garden View? :confused3

It would be nice...we'll be on the plane this time tomorrow!!:cool1:

You'll have to report back as to whether or not you got upgraded to garden view. It would be very interesting if it happened. :)

Does anyone know what the refrigerator situation is at BC? I thought they had all been replaced but now yesterday i received a letter in the mail. This is what it says. Recently we became aware of an issue that affects two of the refridge models in our Guest rooms. As a result, we decided to disconnect the affected in-room refridges until replacements can be installed. then they apologized & gave a # to call for assistance.

So....just wondering...I just found my way to the "old" Disney website trying to find a place to add celebrations to the ADR's which apparently we can no longer do ourselves without calling. I managed to get it done for BOG weeks ago, but none of the others are giving me the option. Anyways, I read that maybe I could do it on the old site. Tried, but it's not able to pull up the dining reservations at this time. Okay. BUT I looked at the resort reservations details and noticed that in Room Category Type is listed "Garden View" and we booked Standard View. Do you think that means they upgraded us to a Garden View? :confused3

It would be nice...we'll be on the plane this time tomorrow!!:cool1:

I can almost guarantee (not really, of course) you have been upgraded! We have received two upgrades in the past, and both times they were recorded on our reservation the day before we arrived. The first time we booked garden view, and our online reservation the night before said "Lagoon view -club level". I was nervous something had happened, but nope, upgraded! I thought it was a mistake, but when it happened again, I realized it must change when they have assigned your room. Of course, I have no proof of this, just sharing my experience. Good luck! We are checking in tomorrow too - and yes, before you ask, my category is unchanged :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter