2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can almost guarantee (not really, of course) you have been upgraded! We have received two upgrades in the past, and both times they were recorded on our reservation the day before we arrived. The first time we booked garden view, and our online reservation the night before said "Lagoon view -club level". I was nervous something had happened, but nope, upgraded! I thought it was a mistake, but when it happened again, I realized it must change when they have assigned your room. Of course, I have no proof of this, just sharing my experience. Good luck! We are checking in tomorrow too - and yes, before you ask, my category is unchanged :):):)

Wow, how do you get an upgrade not only to lagoon view, but also club level?!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Has anyone seen or purchased the disney Alex and Ani bracelets? If so where do you find them?

We just saw them in the gift shop located at the international gateway entrance to Epcot. They had Mickey, Minnie, and the Castle.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for some pixie dust on our trip! I've been thinking about upgrading from a standard view to garden view, and I'm just going to let it ride! We're really only going to be in the room for sleeping and the occasional break so it's not that big of a deal. Having a relaxing view is always nice though :)

We just saw them in the gift shop located at the international gateway entrance to Epcot. They had Mickey, Minnie, and the Castle.

Several stores carry them including the IG store, the Main St jewelry shop, Mouse Gears

But the castle one is hard to find at times

I've been asking the same question. In one thread, everyone insists you have to do online checkin, in another people have said that they didn't but were still able to do FP+/MBs, some said only at the 30 day mark, though, and in another the claim was without online checkin you can do FP+ but only get the grey bands. :headdesk: It's really frustrating me, because we check in 10/10 and there have been reports of those dates being open for FP+ bookings already. I'll check in online if I absolutely have to, but I'd prefer not since we booked our room through Expedia and they had trouble putting a room request on it (want to try for a king bed).

I really this is all in a testing phase so some confusion is unavoidable, but really? This is unreal!

I have not checked in on-line and I do not plan to check in on-line. I have done everything from ordering and customizing my magicbands (see Magicband Buffet posted by Dee) to setting up fastpass plus and BOG lunch reservation. I was able to do it all. SO you do not have to do on-line check in. Happy planning.

This was definitely not true for me. I have not (and do not plan to) check-in online and was able to customize my MagicBand and get Fastpass+ selections no problem. The MagicBand option just popped up on Monday and the band itself is being delivered today. whoo hoo :banana::banana:

Great! Thanks!

I noticed here were still some requests for SV pics. These are not great but I snapped then early this morning before check out. Hope t helps someone. As someone who has in the past asked for a different room based on a bad standard view, I was content with the view we had this time.

We were facing the bus stop, which you really cannot see through the trees. Had a view of the roof. Spaceship earth to the right. Could see illuminations to the far right.

Beth were you at YC or BC? Thanks

Does anyone know what the refrigerator situation is at BC? I thought they had all been replaced but now yesterday i received a letter in the mail. This is what it says. Recently we became aware of an issue that affects two of the refridge models in our Guest rooms. As a result, we decided to disconnect the affected in-room refridges until replacements can be installed. then they apologized & gave a # to call for assistance.

Does anyone know what the refrigerator situation is at BC? I thought they had all been replaced but now yesterday i received a letter in the mail. This is what it says. Recently we became aware of an issue that affects two of the refridge models in our Guest rooms. As a result, we decided to disconnect the affected in-room refridges until replacements can be installed. then they apologized & gave a # to call for assistance.

I have a message in the first post of this thread, about the refrigerators, what we know about Magic Band/Fast Pass Plus testing and the Rapid Refill Mugs, under the heading "Breaking News"

We believe all refrigerators at YC and BC have been replaced, as of a couple of weeks ago. CMs there have been told that.

Has anyone there in the last week been without a fridge?

You should be all set.

Yes. The letter is going out to everyone, but BC and YC are all set.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I know there's a happy little one at your home tonight!!

I remember being about 4, and losing my stuffed cat, "Old E," and at 10:00 at night going to the hospital where my mom was a social worker (and where we'd been earlier picking her up)and getting a huge thrill out of the secretary paging over the system, "Attention staff and patients...if anyone has seen a small, gray, corduroy cat, answering to the name, "Old E," please call the switchboard."

I don't remember whether or not we found him there, but we found him...and I still have him 30 years later. ;)

Someone asked a few pages back about the old blue H2O+ toiletries. The Marketplace sold the bath gel or the after sun gel only when i was there in July. (I cant remember which gel it was....sorry!). In the health club, it is available in the dispensers in the shower....unfortunately you can't take that with you as they are attached to the wall. :)

The Aquatics line is available on the H2O+ website for purchase. I have also found them at Carsons (a Midwest department store). This scent is my favorite as well! The new grapefruit line is growing on me but my heart will always be with Aquatics. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have also found it at TJMax, Marshall's and HomeGoods.....
Not sure if those stores are nationwide, but if you're in the Northeast, check them out.

Lovin' the new digs - Thanks Dee!! Of course by the time I made it over here we were on Page 8! This thread rocks :) 23 days and counting. Kids go back to school next week so I think / hope the next 3 wks go fast!

Banana Bunny arrived today!!!

HOORAY!!! I left my favorite pillow at a hotel in Pennsylvania somewhere when I was 4, it had Strawberry Shortcake on it. We stopped at a phone booth *gasp* (I feel like I aged 80 years just now) and called when we realized it was not in the car, it was never found :(

I've been asking the same question. In one thread, everyone insists you have to do online checkin, in another people have said that they didn't but were still able to do FP+/MBs, some said only at the 30 day mark, though, and in another the claim was without online checkin you can do FP+ but only get the grey bands. :headdesk: It's really frustrating me, because we check in 10/10 and there have been reports of those dates being open for FP+ bookings already. I'll check in online if I absolutely have to, but I'd prefer not since we booked our room through Expedia and they had trouble putting a room request on it (want to try for a king bed).

I really this is all in a testing phase so some confusion is unavoidable, but really? This is unreal!

We did NOT do online check-in. At 30 days out the option to customize MB's came up on the DME site. It was a Friday - we customized and they were delivered the following Tuesday morning. I have been scheduling FP+ ever since! More options seem to be added as the days go on. I've set up Illuminations, TT, Soarin at EP / ETWB, Under the Sea, POC, Buzz, BTMRR, MSEP, & Wishes on MK days (along with BOG FP for lunch)! / Dinosaur, Safari and EE on AK day / and TSMM, Tot, Star Tours, RnR, and Fantasmic on our HS days!!
Can't wait to try them out in 23 more days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter