2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

This will be our first F&W festival and I am very excited! HOWEVER, due to having a child not old enough for the Neverland Club and refusing to spend $150 to have someone I don't know sit in the hotel room with my children for three hours, we will be attending with a 4 and almost 2-yr old. Any tips or advice??? (Besides for go during the week?) We will be there Oct 19-Nov 2.

Anybody can wander the World Showcase and eat at the kiosks. The only caveat I'd give you is to avoid Friday nights and Saturdays. Shoot for Monday-Thursday in particular. You appear to be staying 2 weeks so you should have ample time to hit Epcot on a weekday.

If you are interested in the events and seminars, be advised that there is no child price. Children of any age are required to purchase full admission. (This includes the culinary seminars at the Festival Center. If you do not have a ticket for the children, they will be denied admittance - which means at least one parent won't be able to attend, either.)

It should be noted that most of the Festival special events and seminars are not particularly suitable for children. They are geared for adults. The preliminary stuff put out by Disney seems to indicate that they will be instituting some "family friendly" things, at least around the World Showcase.

Can't wait for the menus for the food booths to come out so I can start planning! :banana: It will be me & Mom's 4th trip, Dad's 1st.

Counting down to Nov 4th at 11am when I can get to the 1st booth. :cloud9:

Girls trip with my best friend Julie the 3rd week in October...Her first F&W whoohoo...I get to corrupt her!!!
Wish we could speed time up a little!
M

Going for my third F&W celebration Oct 27 - Nov 1. Then going on a 3 day cruise on the Dream. I can't wait for the schedule of events to come out!:yay:

Glad to be part of the thread and look forward to following along. :)

Glad to see you around Lulubelle! it's been a while! We're going earlier in the month, I hope you have a great time! We'll be there from the 12-17th and if our waitlist comes through the 18th.

PFTS the night before departure day, or Sunday Tasting party (sorry, forget what this one is called) on departure day...

I am so excited to be attending F&W again this year. We went in 2010, however the people we brought were NOT into it at all. One day...and they were done!
We are so looking forward to vacationing this year using OUR touring style. We make plans, but move at a relaxed speed. Enjoing everything we see and all the details.

Where can I find the date for PFTS? I must be missing something!

Angel16

I am so excited to be attending F&W again this year. We went in 2010, however the people we brought were NOT into it at all. One day...and they were done!
We are so looking forward to vacationing this year using OUR touring style. We make plans, but move at a relaxed speed. Enjoing everything we see and all the details.

Where can I find the date for PFTS? I must be missing something!

Angel16

PFTS dates were published by the Disney Parks Blog. Each Saturday of the festival except September 29 and November 10.

This will be our first F&W festival and I am very excited! HOWEVER, due to having a child not old enough for the Neverland Club and refusing to spend $150 to have someone I don't know sit in the hotel room with my children for three hours, we will be attending with a 4 and almost 2-yr old. Any tips or advice??? (Besides for go during the week?) We will be there Oct 19-Nov 2.

We'll have our young children with us too. I'm excited about the opportunity to introduce them (and myself) to new foods. We hadn't really planned on going to the F&W, but it just so happens that we will be there for the last two days of it, so we've decided to check things out. I'm sure it will be crowded, but we will just deal with it.

For those wondering why there is no PFTS on Sept. 29 the World Showplace is being used for another event that weekend. The Disney Fan Club - D23 is holding a special event for EPCOT's 30th Anniversary. Registration is Saturday & the event is all day on Sunday in World Showplace.

:cool1: Just scored the Yacht Club with the military salute rate for 5 nights to include 3 days of the festival cannot wait! Taking a girlfriend from work who hasn't been to WDW in ages and needs a break from her hectic live. Cannot wait to hear more as info comes available.

Really?!?! Can you give some tips on how you did that? I ask because since the military salute rates end September 30, I couldn't get anyone to quote them for me for our trip in October.

Are you arriving before September 30 and they just let you have the rate past that date?

Much appreciate any insight!

Over the past few months I have had some additional tasks at work while a colleague was on leave. Well she is back, and things are back to normal. I had gotten some extra acklnowledgement at work, but didn't expect anything else. Covering is just part of the job. :confused3. As my job description says, "other duties as assigned."

Well, today, I arrived home to find a Disney Gift Card worth several hundred dollars, as a thanks from the team! This is really going to help with my F&W Fest plans, and when I am drinking a glass of wine or devouring a tasty morsel at WDW in 143 days I will thank my colleagues.

Now, I know a significant pay raise or a promotion would have been nice, but in this economy, I am so happy to have a job - particularly a job i really like. I do feel good knowing that my efforts have been valued by my coworkers. :hippie:

Food and Wine Festival, here I come!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me how you get tickets to these events?

Do you register/pay just like the other special events on/about mid-August?

If so, will we know when we register exactly what they are preparing? (I'm a pescatarian so I don't eat meat or fowl).

This is our first time, so thanks to all you veterans for such a great resource!!

Over the past few months I have had some additional tasks at work while a colleague was on leave. Well she is back, and things are back to normal. I had gotten some extra acklnowledgement at work, but didn't expect anything else. Covering is just part of the job. :confused3. As my job description says, "other duties as assigned."

Well, today, I arrived home to find a Disney Gift Card worth several hundred dollars, as a thanks from the team! This is really going to help with my F&W Fest plans, and when I am drinking a glass of wine or devouring a tasty morsel at WDW in 143 days I will thank my colleagues.

Now, I know a significant pay raise or a promotion would have been nice, but in this economy, I am so happy to have a job - particularly a job i really like. I do feel good knowing that my efforts have been valued by my coworkers. :hippie:

Food and Wine Festival, here I come!!!!!!

That is fantastic Krissy! How wonderful to have your team really appreciate your hard work is such a positive and thoughtful way. I am sure the gift card will make your trip that much better, not just because of additional money....but that is came from your team. :thumbsup2

I just found this thread! Can't wait to read through it! Subscribing....what fun!!

Can anyone tell me how you get tickets to these events?

You purchase tickets online through Disney.

Do you register/pay just like the other special events on/about mid-August?

Yes. But you do not book by phone. The special events are booked only by phone. They have not done online booking for those. You may be thinking of when Disneyland had a food and wine festival - Disneyland did have online booking for all events. WDW has had online booking only for the Festival Center seminars. Last year they also allowed online booking for the 3D Dessert Party and the Party for the Senses, but not for any other events.

If so, will we know when we register exactly what they are preparing? (I'm a pescatarian so I don't eat meat or fowl).

For the past couple of years, the main ingredient has been listed for each seminar. However, they do not list exactly how the item will be prepared. Vegetarian items are noted.

Oooooo, this is a good source of information! We are also F&W virgins. We'll be there this year for 8 nights.

Hope the Unibroue cart at Canada returns as an oasis in a Disney beer wasteland (hey this is pretty poetic for me...must be second Heady Topper I'm on right now...only the beer guy would have made the 550 mile round trip drive to Vermont last Friday to buy a couple of cases).

Im a pescatarian, too. I have found the castmembers to be very accomodating in either having the kitchen prepare something okay for me to eat, or switching out DH/my reservations for another seminar if I can't eat what's finally announced.

Not sure if the fact that we are there for 10 days and usually reserve several seminars a day has any affect on their willingness to do the exchange, I know it doesn't on the special requests to the kitchen which will be honored if at all possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter