2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks scottmel! You mentioned that all but 1 of the YC CL GV rooms face the wedding gazebo with a side view of the water. Just out of curiosity, where does that 1 other room face?

My daughter will be 13 when we visit too, so glad to hear your daughter liked the YC!

PP wrote: Just a general question: What does the connection between the BC and Villas look like? Is it an indoor corridor? Outdoor corridor? Sidewalk?

Answer: From the Marketplace in the BC, there is an open air, covered walkway on sidewalk.

(You can also cross on a sidewalk from BCV to BC Solarium, all in the outside weather.)

A few things this morning.....

1. As for the chair-saving at SAB...I'm glad that we're really not "loungers." We pool it up...then get the heck out of there! We're planning to use a locker to store our things.

Oooh! the locker storage idea sounds perfect for us. We are always in the pool anyway so we never really sit in the chairs.

Another strategy for discouraging chair savers is one that I used at work. There was this one person who felt she was entitled to a chair that everybody used. I was in it one day and she came over and rudely declared that I was in her chair. I looked at her and very calmly replied that It was alright, she could have her chair back because I just farted in it. The rest of the staff completely lost it while Ms. "Entitled" stormed off in a hissy fit.

3. Most exciting......
As of this morning...I can officially say.....I've lost 25 lbs for Mickey!
party:party::wish25 party: party:

Truly awesome! Here are some dancing bananas, who are obviously doing aerobics, to celebrate your achievement!
:banana:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

~NM

I know!!! Time for the never ending ticker. LOL

I was up a half pound last week which was frustrating, but it was my birthday week and although I stayed on plan, I'm noticing a big difference with the speed the weight is coming off compared to 5 or 6 years ago. Getting old SUCKS. Wish my appetite slowed down with my metabolism!!! :rotfl2:

It's hard as we get older--amen to that! But you can do it! And really , gaining half a pound on your birthday week is darn good!

7 weeks from today DH and I check into the YC :yay: The other day I upgraded us to CL as a surprise for him. I cannot wait to get there :)

What a great surprise!!

party: They're Here!!! party:

TheyreHere.jpg

Great picture!! Everyone looks great...I love seeing it "live"! :)

I always check on Tuesdays - everyday actually, but I never miss a Tuesday - this is usually the lowest fare day

My SIL is a treavel consultant (who specializes in Disney--lucky me!!) and she says the same thing!

3. Most exciting......

That is awesome!!! Congrats!! :cool1:

Another strategy for discouraging chair savers is one that I used at work. There was this one person who felt she was entitled to a chair that everybody used. I was in it one day and she came over and rudely declared that I was in her chair. I looked at her and very calm replied that It was alright, she could have her chair back because I just farted in it. The rest of the staff completely lost it while Ms. "Entitled" stormed off in a hissy fit.

:rotfl2: I soooooo wish I was leaving a day later this December so I could try to meet you in person! You crack me up!

In "one less thing to stress about" news regarding our trip...I emailed both kids' teachers last week to drop the bomb about them being taken out of school for a WEEK -- for a trip to Disney. :guilty: The first-grader's teacher replied quickly and just asked for a reminder a week out, since she would have to do some extra work to gather his schoolwork together for him. I of course had planned to do that, but it was nice that she was so responsive. The one I was REALLY worried about was the fifth-grade teacher, because I know fifth-grade is a pretty intense year for learning new things, and I hoped she wouldn't be too upset at us taking him out of school for a whole week (in addition to the occasional Friday off due to hockey tournaments!). Her response was short and sweet: "Thanks for the heads up...we'll make it work!"

:cool1: This made my day! I know it will be a challenge when the time comes, but it made me feel very good to know that the teachers are so willing to accommodate this special trip! :goodvibes

Okay, back to dreaming and planning... :thumbsup2 I love the new "digs"--it was fun to revisit the first page again this morning. Thank you so much, Dee, for your incredible dedication to this thread and its visitors!! :goodvibes

edited to add: Just noticed my ticker is 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days--now I want to buy a lotto ticket. ;)

yes YC is full balcony....But b/c of convention I am at BC GV...So my question is what are chances of full balcony at BC GV. Sorry my initial post was confusing!:)

I believe that there may only be ONE BC CL GV without a full balcony, so your chances are better than excellent. I was comfortable enough to remove my full balcony request from my reservation since I booked CL GV.

2 questions re: BC space...

1) will a gallon of milk fit in the fridge in a standard room?

2) will an iPad fit in the safe in the room?

Thanks!! You guys rock!! Only one month and a day left!!

1/2 gallon fits much better in the fridge.

My ipad and shoot/point camera and money pouch and some other flat thing (it may have been my jewelry pouch) all fit in the safe. It's not very deep so the ipad will fit for sure but you can get a little creative and fit a few more things in as well as long as it's not thick.

Hi everyone, does anyone know which kind of toiletries they have at BC? I was looking at recent trip reports and they seem to have sone variety from resort to resort? Thanks for any info!

Thanks for the info on the fridge and safe. At least know I know not to bother with the ice packs for the cooler, I will just get ice from the ice machine. Glad to know the iPad will fit, want to bring it for the car ride and kids, etc, but really don't want to carry it around the parks all day.

Okay so need some help. I sold DH on BC&YC for Sept and Oct (as long as a discount is offered) on the fact that the kids are going to LOVE Stormalong Bay and it will still be warm so we can really enjoy some time at the resort. Then we have trips planned for the first weekend in January (2nts/3days) and then again the first week of February (4nts/5days). DH asked me if we could stay somewhere cheap since it will be cold (for our standards) and we wont be using the pool that much. I begrudgingly agreed for the Jan trip and booked POR in a Royal Room. But for Feb I kept pushing to come back to BC&YC and DH kept saying he wanted to do something different. We compromised on the WL with bunk beds (my kids LOVE bunk beds). Notice I didn't agree to another moderate :snooty: LOL! I get the fact that DH doesn't want to do the same things over and over and doesn't "want to throw money away", but how do I convince him to come back to BC&YC? I am hoping our stay there in Sept will be enough to convince him. We have stayed at the WL when the kids were really little (and I think it is the only deluxe DH has stayed at) and I remember thinking it was nice, but I wasn't wowed by it. Am I going to be disappointed with POR and WL after staying at the YC? I know I am asking a biased group, but that is why I am asking here :p

Thanks for the info on the fridge and safe. At least know I know not to bother with the ice packs for the cooler, I will just get ice from the ice machine. Glad to know the iPad will fit, want to bring it for the car ride and kids, etc, but really don't want to carry it around the parks all day.

Okay so need some help. I sold DH on BC&YC for Sept and Oct (as long as a discount is offered) on the fact that the kids are going to LOVE Stormalong Bay and it will still be warm so we can really enjoy some time at the resort. Then we have trips planned for the first weekend in January (2nts/3days) and then again the first week of February (4nts/5days). DH asked me if we could stay somewhere cheap since it will be cold (for our standards) and we wont be using the pool that much. I begrudgingly agreed for the Jan trip and booked POR in a Royal Room. But for Feb I kept pushing to come back to BC&YC and DH kept saying he wanted to do something different. We compromised on the WL with bunk beds (my kids LOVE bunk beds). Notice I didn't agree to another moderate :snooty: LOL! I get the fact that DH doesn't want to do the same things over and over and doesn't "want to throw money away", but how do I convince him to come back to BC&YC? I am hoping our stay there in Sept will be enough to convince him. We have stayed at the WL when the kids were really little (and I think it is the only deluxe DH has stayed at) and I remember thinking it was nice, but I wasn't wowed by it. Am I going to be disappointed with POR and WL after staying at the YC? I know I am asking a biased group, but that is why I am asking here :p

Step one: Chill some SCHLOGGY (not sloggy!! :rolleyes1) Beer.

Step two: Wait till you are actually at the BC to bring up this situation. Have DH drink copious amounts of Schloggy beer.

Step three: Book the next stay at the Yacht Club, technically it's 'different'.

~So there ya go.....

~NM

"Schloggy": a term reserved for thick, creamy German beers that beer drinkers can't get enough of, From the term schlag meaning whipped cream.

Step two: Wait till you are actually at the BC to bring up this situation. Have DH drink copious amounts of Schloggy beer.

~So there ya go.....

~NM

LOVE it! :rotfl2: We stayed at Poly during our last trip and loved it, but I'm SO looking forward to BC and some relaxing resort and pool time next month! originally booked CBR, but didn't think it would live up to our "deluxe" standards...:confused3

~So there ya go.....

~NM

"Schloggy": a term reserved for thick, creamy German beers that beer drinkers can't get enough of, From the term schlag meaning whipped cream.

NM, YOU ALWAYS CRACK ME UP :rotfl2: One problem, DH doesnt like "Scholggy" beer, the ONLY beer he drinks is Corona. But I think you are right, just wait until we are there in September and go from there. Plus we will probably book a long weekend in April for DD's bday, and that will definitely be SAB weather:p;)

Note to self: when celebrating anniversary in YC room, BE QUIET! :lmao:

:rotfl2:

Another strategy for discouraging chair savers is one that I used at work. There was this one person who felt she was entitled to a chair that everybody used. I was in it one day and she came over and rudely declared that I was in her chair. I looked at her and very calmly replied that It was alright, she could have her chair back because I just farted in it. The rest of the staff completely lost it while Ms. "Entitled" stormed off in a hissy fit.

:lmao:

A few things this morning.....

3. Most exciting......

WAY TO GO!! :yay: That is a great accomplishment and you have every right to celebrate it! Hopefully some of your motivation will wear off on me ;)

In "one less thing to stress about" news regarding our trip...I emailed both kids' teachers last week to drop the bomb about them being taken out of school for a WEEK -- for a trip to Disney. :guilty: The first-grader's teacher replied quickly and just asked for a reminder a week out, since she would have to do some extra work to gather his schoolwork together for him. I of course had planned to do that, but it was nice that she was so responsive. The one I was REALLY worried about was the fifth-grade teacher, because I know fifth-grade is a pretty intense year for learning new things, and I hoped she wouldn't be too upset at us taking him out of school for a whole week (in addition to the occasional Friday off due to hockey tournaments!). Her response was short and sweet: "Thanks for the heads up...we'll make it work!"

:cool1: This made my day! I know it will be a challenge when the time comes, but it made me feel very good to know that the teachers are so willing to accommodate this special trip! :goodvibes

That is awesome news! Definitely one less thing to stress about!!! Always nice to know you have teachers that will work with you instead of against you!

Note to self: when celebrating anniversary in YC room, BE QUIET! :lmao:

:rotfl2: I TOTALLY BUSTED OUT LAUGHING when I read this earlier!!!

Dee, I'll check in with you before I go in September and see what tasks you still need completed :)

Melissa

Hi everyone, does anyone know which kind of toiletries they have at BC? I was looking at recent trip reports and they seem to have sone variety from resort to resort? Thanks for any info!

This is from BC in June.
SAM_0883.jpg

SAM_0885.jpg

Your results may vary! Hope this helps.

I LOVE it when a plan comes together!! I booked DD and FDSIL's airfare to Cancun over the weekend.... They are flying RT from MCO to CUN... this is going to require a RT flight from DFW to MCO and one night at the Hyatt (booked) before the flight to Cancun. What all of this means is the airfare part of the wedding is booked almost!! Waiting on SW fares for April 2013 to be released. I still have to add the dinning and wine plan to the reservation and book the tours and dinning!! We are at 255 days until the wedding and 260 days until the Disneymoon which means.... 80 days until dinning reservation time!!! I'm getting there!!! This is going to be the best time for them!!!

Ok thanks for the listen!! I like to write it out so I know what i have left to do!!!

~Nannette

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!