2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am loving the pictures of Princess Lily's first visit. I can hardly wait till we take our own little princess...we are booked for the BCV from May 29-June 5. Our princess should be about 8 months old then...unless she decides that she wishes to be born a little bit earlier! We're so excited to take her home and show her our favorite place in the world.

Thanks for starting a new thread!

Hi - my friends are finalizing their GG food/beer order and asked if the refrigerators in the room have the small freezer box. Anyone know? They are debating on getting these frozen margarita pouches to be able to take to the pool.

Found you!!!! :)

Dee, I'm on week 4 of eating right - started riding my bike again yesterday, getting ready to start training for the TOT 10 miler (got another 13 or so pounds to go before my knees can handle the running!), so.... ADD ME to the list for September 2013! I'm coming for sure. Whether or not DH will come is still up in the air! But DD will be almost 13 and DS 11 then (and are very independent anyway) so I can surely manage on my own.

X-rated noises nobody wants to hear at Disney, but children crying or making noise is to be expected. Babies crying, well, I was just happy it wasn't one of mine and I wasn't responsible for looking after him or her!!!! LOL

Well we finally got into our new room at 3:30 this afternoon. I was hoping it would have been sooner but what can you do? The room is great and hopefully it will be G-rated for the rest of the week! :lmao:

Blizzard Beach was a great time. The sun stayed out all day. We are waiting for the bus to MK and it is now looking stormy. We may be dodging rain and lightening this evening but the weather map looks like it won't last long. Now if only the bus would get here! Lol

Found you!!!! :)

Dee, I'm on week 4 of eating right - started riding my bike again yesterday, getting ready to start training for the TOT 10 miler (got another 13 or so pounds to go before my knees can handle the running!), so.... ADD ME to the list for September 2013! I'm coming for sure. Whether or not DH will come is still up in the air! But DD will be almost 13 and DS 11 then (and are very independent anyway) so I can surely manage on my own.

X-rated noises nobody wants to hear at Disney, but children crying or making noise is to be expected. Babies crying, well, I was just happy it wasn't one of mine and I wasn't responsible for looking after him or her!!!! LOL

:woohoo:

I'm so excited to hear this!!!

I'll add you to the list.

Keep us posted on your trip, and now you don't have any excuses to disappear from the thread.

Just a brief update, we checked in around 2ish. The CM who was checking in was just earning her ears and was extremely nice but the senior CM who was sorta watching over her was fantastic. He asked my youngest who his favorite Disney character was, which of course he responded Goffy, and promptly got Goofy on the phone to wish him a happy birthday. :thumbsup2. We weren't sure what to expect with our room (garden view) but I must say its great. We have a view right as you walk out the lobby and can see SAB and crescent lake from our patio. We took off straight for Epcot and messed around there for a few and just came back to the room to unpack and get settled before we venture out for the night. Like cmcadoo said the weather looks bad but I think it's going to miss us...crossing fingers!

I know!!! Time for the never ending ticker. LOL

I was up a half pound last week which was frustrating, but it was my birthday week and although I stayed on plan, I'm noticing a big difference with the speed the weight is coming off compared to 5 or 6 years ago. Getting old SUCKS. Wish my appetite slowed down with my metabolism!!! :rotfl2:

I think I'll book soon... I'm afraid with Food and Wine that I won't get the room that I want. I think that I will book for a day or so before the race - I think it would be better to have the race at the beginning of the trip and be able to relax and enjoy afterwards. If I need a wheelchair, one would be available, right??? BC is a host hotel for the trip but I can't book any special rates until the race registration opens in February.

Not sure what would be best... Maybe Amanda can help! You out there???? :)

I think that Hannah's will be closed for refurbishment during our stay in September. I read Teena,s helpful post that they will be making other arrangements for food etc but I was just wondering if there will be an alternative refillable mug location near SAB? Hope so?

TIA
Andona

I think I'll book soon... I'm afraid with Food and Wine that I won't get the room that I want. I think that I will book for a day or so before the race - I think it would be better to have the race at the beginning of the trip and be able to relax and enjoy afterwards:)

I did the DW Marathon in 2010 and stayed 10 days after. You don't realize how many ramps there are there until they cause you pain to walk on ;) It's nice though to wear your medal everywhere!:cheer2:

A

Hi - my friends are finalizing their GG food/beer order and asked if the refrigerators in the room have the small freezer box. Anyone know? They are debating on getting these frozen margarita pouches to be able to take to the pool.

I was wondering this too and kept forgetting to ask, so thank you for asking! I seem to remember a small freezer shelf, but I could be completely wrong, so many hotels, cruises, etc, they all seem to run together ;)

Well we finally got into our new room at 3:30 this afternoon. I was hoping it would have been sooner but what can you do? The room is great and hopefully it will be G-rated for the rest of the week! :lmao:

Blizzard Beach was a great time. The sun stayed out all day. We are waiting for the bus to MK and it is now looking stormy. We may be dodging rain and lightening this evening but the weather map looks like it won't last long. Now if only the bus would get here! Lol

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that tonight is G rated! Glad you had good weather today and made it to BB. Hope the weather holds out for your evening at MK!

Finally sitting down with a glass of wine and my laptop....I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE KIDS TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!! This was the first summer in a while that the kids did not go to any sort of camp and I am ready to be by myself for more than a quick grocery shop on the weekend. Going to submerge myself in the boards for a while :goodvibes

Melissa

WOW you all have moved and starting runnin. Page eight already. :goodvibes

I am here and so very happy to be. Out trip is coming up shortly, time to start making my work-out harder and planning the family clothes. So I can go shopping...naturally. :thumbsup2

Thank you Dee for all your work and time. You are one awesome lady! :hug:

Angel16

Princess Lily has her buckets and shovels packed.
Her Mom has her beer packed for the pool.
I've got the noodles ready.
Bob's in charge of everything else.

Can't wait to share the reports "Live from the BC!"

Have a fantastic time!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Can I just tell everyone how much I am sooooo looking forward to this trip?!!! We leave in 11 days and it can't come fast enough after these last few months. The drama of dealing with a short sale purchase of our dream home (we are now 9 months in and still no closing in sight), now preparing our current home to go on the market, having MIL live with us for past 2 months while she finds a house (which she has now but still hasn't moved out because she wants to fix her place up first??) and the recent passing of my FIL - DH is only child and parent's divorced when he was young so he was left to deal with all the arrangements and estate stuff. I really tried not to wish the summer away but I'm so looking forward to this trip that I couldn't help myself.
Now I find myself wishing / okay praying that we secretly get upgraded to a 2BR suite because we always bring my MIL with us (we pay for everything in exchange for having an extra set of helping hands for the kiddos), but after having her live with us for the past 2 months, the thought of sleeping literally right next to her for a week in a single hotel room is kind of bumming me out. We like to plan trips for late August / early September because both kids' birthdays are in August as well as our Anniversary. This year we are celebrating #15 and it would really be nice to have our own room!!! I actually went online and was looking at pictures of the suites and dreaming how awesome it would be to have our own bedroom ;) Don't get wrong I have a really good relationship with my MIL - especially compared to some horror stories I hear from friends' but I've just had a little too much quality time with her lately.:rotfl:

Okay I will stop complaining now because I'm going back to my happy place. Thanks for letting me vent. Let's bring on the countdown! Even sharing living space with MIL is better in Disney World!! :cheer2:

Can't wait to hear how Lily loves SAB!! Have a great time!

Can I just tell everyone how much I am sooooo looking forward to this trip?!!! We leave in 11 days and it can't come fast enough after these last few months. The drama of dealing with a short sale purchase of our dream home (we are now 9 months in and still no closing in sight), now preparing our current home to go on the market, having MIL live with us for past 2 months while she finds a house (which she has now but still hasn't moved out because she wants to fix her place up first??) and the recent passing of my FIL - DH is only child and parent's divorced when he was young so he was left to deal with all the arrangements and estate stuff. I really tried not to wish the summer away but I'm so looking forward to this trip that I couldn't help myself.
Now I find myself wishing / okay praying that we secretly get upgraded to a 2BR suite because we always bring my MIL with us (we pay for everything in exchange for having an extra set of helping hands for the kiddos), but after having her live with us for the past 2 months, the thought of sleeping literally right next to her for a week in a single hotel room is kind of bumming me out. We like to plan trips for late August / early September because both kids' birthdays are in August as well as our Anniversary. This year we are celebrating #15 and it would really be nice to have our own room!!! I actually went online and was looking at pictures of the suites and dreaming how awesome it would be to have our own bedroom ;) Don't get wrong I have a really good relationship with my MIL - especially compared to some horror stories I hear from friends' but I've just had a little too much quality time with her lately.:rotfl:

Okay I will stop complaining now because I'm going back to my happy place. Thanks for letting me vent. Let's bring on the countdown! Even sharing living space with MIL is better in Disney World!! :cheer2:

All I can say is: You are going straight to Heaven. God bless you!! I, for one, would not have your tolerance. I hope your get your own bedroom.:goodvibes

All I can say is: You are going straight to Heaven. God bless you!! I, for one, would not have your tolerance. I hope your get your own bedroom.:goodvibes

Thanks SuzieQ!! Looks like we'll be arriving the same day based on your ticker (8/17) I'll be the one with the halo :littleangel: :rotfl: See you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter