2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
TeenaS said:
As fas as the Noodle Family. If you get a bellman that has no idea what is going on, always ask for one of the following at the BC: Luigi, Keith, George. Tell them its the Noodles for the Pool that we keep sharing. They are good about them and especially Luigi ... he tries to keep an eye on them for us. Don't forget, a few dollar tip will help make sure they survive!!!

We're currently at our first of 2 airport hotels. This one is the one close to our home airport. I went for a swim last night and what did I find? A family of noodles in the pool! It made me laugh and think of his thread.

We fly in about 5 1/2 hours. Now the nerves are setting in (I hate flying).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We're currently at our first of 2 airport hotels. This one is the one close to our home airport. I went for a swim last night and what did I find? A family of noodles in the pool! It made me laugh and think of his thread.

We fly in about 5 1/2 hours. Now the nerves are setting in (I hate flying).

Can't wait for you to get here!!!!! See you tomorrow morning!

TeenaS said:
Can't wait for you to get here!!!!! See you tomorrow morning!

Yes! Coming to WDW is like going to Cheers. It's nice to know your arrival is being anticipated! We're moving from BC to BWI after a few days and I recently got an email from our favorite member of their CL staff (Jackie-fabulous) saying she can't wait to see us either. God, I love WDW!

We're aiming to arrive right around 9:3o-9:45 Teena....DYING to be there!

I'm so excited, only a week away!!

I thought I would completely miss you Teena, but it looks like your first day back to work after visiting Jeanne will be my last day at BC (9/2)- so I'll be sure to come and say hello while fighting back the last-day tears!! I'm sure you've dealt with that before, right? :sad:

I think I know the answer to the daybed/rollaway question. If you are a family of 5 without a daybed, there is no charge for a rollaway, but if you have the daybed there is a charge for the rollaway. There are only so many rooms w/daybeds and also only so many rollaways. The resort needs these for families of 5 first.

I'm so excited, only a week away!!

I thought I would completely miss you Teena, but it looks like your first day back to work after visiting Jeanne will be my last day at BC (9/2)- so I'll be sure to come and say hello while fighting back the last-day tears!! I'm sure you've dealt with that before, right? :sad:

Absolutely!!! I actually had a teenaged girl the other week crying when she was leaving. I ran and got her a small Eeyore to take home with her since they were both soooo sad.

Hello everyone!:)
I'm so exited! I can now confirm we will be staying once again at the Beach Club from Sept.28th-oct.7th!!!!! We will be running and hopefully complete the TOT 10 miler, go to MNSSHP, eat and drink at the food and wine, celebrate my first job post studies as the assistant general manager of a small town and our 3rd anniversary.
We were first booked at CSR with free dining, but thanks to my adorable husband who offered me a 5 nights stay at AKL for my birthday we were able to book a bounceback deal for BC. Amazing right!
We only just decided last week to let go of the CSR reservation and booked the flights a few days ago.
It will so be the best Disney vacation ever!
We are booked with a garden view. We were at the BC for our first anniversary. We had a room with a king size bed, ground floor, overlooking the volleyball field. It may have been 1501 or something like that. We did not have a view of the lake from our room, but did from the balcony? Is that considered a garden view or a water view??? We had booked our room through the ADA convention site so we were not aware of the room type.
If it is a garden view room, could somebody could tell me what kind of room request to do to be in that area again? We loved to eat breakfast peacefully on our balcony overlooking the lake and the proximity to Epcot. Would that be best to request to be close to the volleyball? A full balcony? A king sized bed?

Sorry for the rambling, I'm just so happy the way this vacation is turning out to be! :goodvibes

I think I know the answer to the daybed/rollaway question. If you are a family of 5 without a daybed, there is no charge for a rollaway, but if you have the daybed there is a charge for the rollaway. There are only so many rooms w/daybeds and also only so many rollaways. The resort needs these for families of 5 first.

That might be the answer. Now when we did our grand gathering my mom was sharing the room with her three adult grandsons. They gave us a rollaway for free with no problem - I'm sure they understood that an 80 year old woman wouldn't be sleeping in the same bed as her 20 something year old grandsons!

I think if you are a party of 4 they might charge you for the rollaway or a party of 5 in a room with a daybed they might charge. We were in a room without a daybed this year (party of 5) but we had an air mattress and it worked out even better than a rollaway because we just deflated it every morning!

If the extra bed is most important, then request it. The day-bed rooms are priority for families of five but if one is available you might get lucky and get it. With a GV room, I'd be asking for gazebo view. That is something you get on the Dark Side that those at the BC can only wish for. Then ask for the roll-away bed for that extra bed you need. I'm also surprised that they are confused on whether there is a charge for the bed. I'm anxious to find out the outcome of this issue today as are many others on this thread.

Hmm...... I know how us Beach Club lovers can fix this! I'll need a couple of volunteers to help me push the Gazebo over to the volleyball court at the Beach Club after I jack it up and put wheels on the bottom. You can have the sandy volleyball court as a 'deposit'. You'll just have to relocate it with the rest of the Yacht Club groupies. I figure 2 or 3 trips using all those green buckets at SAB will do the trick.

We'll just leave a note that says the gazebo will be back in time for the next wedding. There is no reason we can't share, huh? ;)

~NM

[We still haven't received our mail package with our tags, etc. :sad1:Last week, I emailed the IPO & was told it was mailed on 7-31 & it could take up to 14 days to receive it & we should be receiving it within the next week, but nope it's not here. We are 21 days until our day of arrival. I'm starting to get anxious. Has anyone had their mail not come at all or be late?

Just wanted to share our excitement....I feel like a little kid! We are in the final packing stages, heading to the Providence airport tomorrow at 8:00 am!

To everyone going this weekend or just there now, hooray! Let's pray for sunny mornings, not-too-wet afternoons, and great FP return times!
My plan is to update you all whenever I can...we will see how that works out. If anyone needs anything, PLEASE send me a PM, would be happy to return the favor of answering questions or giving up-to-date reports.

I had a dream last night about the Club Lounge chips with that roasted pepper dip...mmmmmm. Hoping Hyacinth is there to greet us....love her!

Teena - see you in the lobby tomorrow around 3:30!

Linda:)

I have never shipped a package, but a week sounds about right to me.

Hope to hear from others who have sent boxes or packages ahead.

I'm sure you have seen the post in the FAQ about using USPS (instead of FedX or UPS), so you won't be charged a handling fee.

There is also info about how to address the package.

Thanks Dee! Yep, I've got the address and all the info from the handy dandy FAQ :goodvibes. This thread rocks! I guess I'll go with shipping the box the week before we leave.

I just read that Hurricane Hannahs is either closed now or will be very soon for refurbishment. I'm disappointed, but the bigger question is where will I get my poolside beverages ?

It's closing later this month and there will be food and beverage service available while it is closed. No worries!!

Just wanted to say that as a first timer at the BC I am looking forward to our stay this Oct. even more because of the friendliness of this thread :).
I've been on the Disboards for a long time, and this has been one of the nicest and most informative threads:goodvibes
Thanks to all of you that post info on this.
p.s. Teena your grandaughter is absolutely adorable!

I wanted to thank everyone for all the great information in this thread, it is amazing.

Here is my quick story, my family has been a Poly family for the last 8 years or so. We stayed there at least 2 times a year and even started staying the CL the last couple of years. We loved the relaxing feeling we got there. It made us feel peaceful and the Monorail to MK and Epcot was hard to beat.

Well early last year my wife wanted to try something different, but I wasn't sure we wanted to go all in on a new hotel yet. So we split a stay between the Poly and the BC. I think we stayed 5 days at the BC and then 5 days at the Poly.

Well as you can guess we LOVED the BC. SAB is awesome, being able to walk to Epcot is perfect now that our girls are a bit older and grabbing a boat or walking to DHS again makes it very convenient. If we want to go to MK we just walk to the front of Epcot and grab the Monorail. The only time we take a bus is to go to AK. I do miss seeing the Castle while we are swimming at the Poly or watching Wishes from the CL lounge but all the other positives make up for it.

Anyway, long story short we stayed there again in Oct last year in the CL and it didn't disappoint. So we have just finished booking our next trip there for Nov 28th - Dec 6th in the BC GV CL.

Could you please add us to the Be Our Guest list. Me, DW, and 2 DDs.

Thanks again for all the great information!

Just wanted to say that as a first timer at the BC I am looking forward to our stay this Oct. even more because of the friendliness of this thread :).
I've been on the Disboards for a long time, and this has been one of the nicest and most informative threads:goodvibes
Thanks to all of you that post info on this.
p.s. Teena your grandaughter is absolutely adorable!

Thanks ... I can't wait to hug her again Tuesday night when I get to Vegas!!!

I hope to meet you in October!

Just back from Animal Kingdom, opened the balcony door and there was a wedding just about to start.

As fas as the Noodle Family. If you get a bellman that has no idea what is going on, always ask for one of the following at the BC: Luigi, Keith, George. Tell them its the Noodles for the Pool that we keep sharing. They are good about them and especially Luigi ... he tries to keep an eye on them for us. Don't forget, a few dollar tip will help make sure they survive!!!

Still no sign of the Noodles. I did leave a message with the previous "handler" but never heard anything from them. I was concerned that they had only ever made one post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter