2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting really excited! Started packing even though we have over two weeks to go. I can't help myself! Now, hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can swim in SAB. Fingers crossed:)

Hmm, I'm feeling guilty, I fly out tues. @ 6 am for the start of my GF/YC split stay and I haven't even started packing:eek:. I did just get back home from the coast, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! I do have @ least 33 or 34 hours to get it all together.
BTW, the ticker is a tad off, I did it before I added the 3 GF nights and never updated it.
Dee, if you still need photos of the Ship Shape club after we arrive @ the YC on 11/30, I'll ask my son to take a few, he's likely to work out and will have his monster Nikon w/ him plus the know how to post photos.

sndral said:
Hmm, I'm feeling guilty, I fly out tues. @ 6 am for the start of my GF/YC split stay and I haven't even started packing:eek:. I did just get back home from the coast, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! I do have @ least 33 or 34 hours to get it all together.
BTW, the ticker is a tad off, I did it before I added the 3 GF nights and never updated it.
Dee, if you still need photos of the Ship Shape club after we arrive @ the YC on 11/30, I'll ask my son to take a few, he's likely to work out and will have his monster Nikon w/ him plus the know how to post photos.

Don't worry, right there with ya and we leave Weds. Suitcases are out, clothes are clean and the Walmart trip has been made....

The beach club pool is so big, what do you do with your stuff? Room key a few dollars a cell and camera? Just leave it in a beach bag laying on a chair?

The beach club pool is so big, what do you do with your stuff? Room key a few dollars a cell and camera? Just leave it in a beach bag laying on a chair?

:welcome:

When is your trip? Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest List?

As a general rule, I wouldn't leave anything you would be upset to lose on a chair at Stormalong Bay, or anyplace for that matter.

I would feel comfortable leaving a few dollars and your room key in my bag, and I have left my cell phone, but my suggestion is to lock up your camera/cell/valuables in one of the complimentary lockers near Poolside Gifts/Poolside Drinks or leave it behind in your room.

Here's a post from the FAQ on Page 1:

Can I use Stormalong Bay on my checkout day?

Yes! You will still have your room key after you check out, and you still need to show it to the CMs before entering the pool area. You can store large bags with Bell Services. You may also use the lockers and showers/changing room at the Health Club (see below for pictures of the lockers in the Health Club- Men's room). There are FREE lockers available as well - get the key from PoolSide Gifts.

SABLocker2.jpg
SABlockerkey-1.jpg
SABMensLockerRoom-1.jpg

I have started to work on the new thread, but I still have some cleanup to do, so please continue to post here until I take the new thread live. I'll post here when it is ready- either later today or more likely tomorrow morning.

I have added a few posts so that I can include MORE pictures!!!

DVC Friends- as you all know, I have to rely on you to make sure the info on Beach Club Villas is accurate.

Here is what we have for Housekeeping- costs and rules.

Please let me know if this information is still correct and current.

Thanks!!!

Housekeeping Info:

If you are not using Disney Vacation Club points and paying "cash" you will have daily housekeeping.

Housekeeping is different using Disney Vacation Club points than when you pay nightly for a hotel room.

Trash & Towel Service - For stays of seven or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day four. With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will: Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins, provide fresh bathroom linens, replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap, replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper, replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners, replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes.

Full Cleaning Service - For stays of eight or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12. With Full-Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus: Change the bed linens, vacuum and dust, clean the bathroom(s), clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

You may also choose to pay for daily housekeeping or have additional towels etc. Check with the front desk for information and pricing. 2010 Pricing: Housekeeping Studio Full Cleaning $30; Trash and Towell $15; Laundry Soap $1; Soap and Shampoo Package $5; Extra Towel Package $6 per bathroom; Coffee Package $3.

2011/2012 pricing:

This is posted in the room.

Trash and Towel service is included in all stays of more than four days. If your stay is for less than eight nights, you will receive Trash & Towel service on day four. If your stay is for eight nights or longer, you will receive a full cleaning service on day four, and Trash & Towel service on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day twelve. Day one is check-in day. Daily housekeeping can be arranged and paid for at time of check-in. The following rates are subject to change:

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio - $30.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 for each day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio - $15.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 for each day requested

Wow, I now feel much better that my suitcases aren't out yet and we leave Saturday at 8am. :)

I've .spent the last 24 hours changing around ADRs. How is it I can leave them alone for 6 months and then suddenly 6 days out I seem to be completely incapable of sticking with a decision!?

Five more days!!!

I was wondering... reading these boards, I have had the occasion to refer YET ANOTHER person to this thread for info on the BC/YC.

How many referrals does it take to get the free toaster oven that Janetmom said you could get if you referred enough people here? She also said that you could win a microwave but you would have to have an insane amount of referrals, like 500, to get that.

I've been looking around my kitchen and it's looking pretty beat up. Is there any chance for one of those smooth top electric ranges or fancy French door, side by side, refrigerators?

I'd better get busy with those referrals.... off to the community boards to trick more people into getting hooked on the YC/BC. Those community board folks will fall for anything and the budget board people are ripe for the picking!

;)
~NM

So as a complete newbie to WDW and this forum, I asked this question already on the pre trip boards, and it seems like so far,the corporate dealive been given on tickets has been the best?

"So, I earned a trip for the family via Team Beachbody, and am due to go to WDW in March 2013. Thankfully, they chose our hotel for us (Yacht Club) so that is one thing I don't have to agonize over: boom, it's done.

Thing is, I gotta spring for the tickets, and I guess I was shocked by the cost. I've compared the corporate rate we got to the Disneyworld site prices, to undercover tourist, etc. I've even tried to see if AAA has any deals here in Texas.

For a 4 day base ticket (so far, we are not choosing to park hop due to the age of our kids, but that can change), for 2 adults, 3 kids (3,5,8), the price with tax is $1,178, or, $230.40 (adult), $215.10 kids, plus tax.

Seems like the most solid deal based on corporate rate that I have dug up. What do you think? Good, bad, average? Any suggestions to find better deals?

Oh, and WOW, the huge discounts for Florida residents!!!! My goodness!"

Any ideas about better ticket prices?

So as a complete newbie to WDW and this forum, I asked this question already on the pre trip boards, and it seems like so far,the corporate dealive been given on tickets has been the best?

"So, I earned a trip for the family via Team Beachbody, and am due to go to WDW in March 2013. Thankfully, they chose our hotel for us (Yacht Club) so that is one thing I don't have to agonize over: boom, it's done.

Thing is, I gotta spring for the tickets, and I guess I was shocked by the cost. I've compared the corporate rate we got to the Disneyworld site prices, to undercover tourist, etc. I've even tried to see if AAA has any deals here in Texas.

For a 4 day base ticket (so far, we are not choosing to park hop due to the age of our kids, but that can change), for 2 adults, 3 kids (3,5,8), the price with tax is $1,178, or, $230.40 (adult), $215.10 kids, plus tax.

Seems like the most solid deal based on corporate rate that I have dug up. What do you think? Good, bad, average? Any suggestions to find better deals?

Welcome to the board!!! sticker shock is common when newbies first price tickets, but I can say that it is totally worth the price!

Just imagine if you had to spring for the room at YC also??? Beachbody picked an AWESOME resort for your stay (the best one if you ask any of us on this thread). Location can't be beat.

Park hopping is a pretty nice perk, so don't throw that one out the window just yet Depending on if the time you are visiting is crazy busy...hopping to another park is a great idea. Not to mention that you are in walking distance to EPCOT. We always end our days at EPCOT...usually heading over there for dinner or dessert and a stroll through the countries. An adult beverage doesn't hurt the evening either!!!

You won't find great deals on the tickets, because basically Disney doesn't have to discount them. But imagine the memories you will be making when you use them.

Happy Planning!!

Welcome!! :beach: pixiedust: :welcome: pixiedust: :beach:

Read this page and see if that helps. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

I'm not a ticket wizard so I can't help you better than the folks that hang out at the above ticket thread can. When you're done with them be sure to come back and let us know how you are making out. Also be sure to read the first page of this BC/YC thread as it has a gold mine of info about the resort.

Finally, this thread will be shutting down at around 250 pages but never fear, it will pop up again shortly with all that same good info on page 1 again.

Good luck with those ticket prices!

~NM

The one piece of advice I can give you is that adding on the hoppers to your tickets (is it still $50 plus tax?) is the same price whether you do it in advance or during your trip. So you don't need to add it until and unless you need to. If you decide on your second day that you want to hop to a different park you can pay for the upgrade then. If you decide you don't need to hop, you don't have to add it.

That being said, as ocalla mentioned, being so close to EPCOT makes having park hoppers very attractive.

Good luck!

I was wondering... reading these boards, I have had the occasion to refer YET ANOTHER person to this thread for info on the BC/YC.

How many referrals does it take to get the free toaster oven that Janetmom said you could get if you referred enough people here? She also said that you could win a microwave but you would have to have an insane amount of referrals, like 500, to get that.

I've been looking around my kitchen and it's looking pretty beat up. Is there any chance for one of those smooth top electric ranges or fancy French door, side by side, refrigerators?

I'd better get busy with those referrals.... off to the community boards to trick more people into getting hooked on the YC/BC. Those community board folks will fall for anything and the budget board people are ripe for the picking!

;)
~NM

Unfortunately the referral program isn't just a straight up reward for number of referrals. There are other factors at play.

US referrals count for 1 point, Canadian referrals count for 2 points, UK referrals are 3 points, and Australian referrals are even more points, depending on where in Australia they are from.

You can also get more points for referring someone who visits the YC/BC and returns with a photo that Dee is seeking for her collection, or a new picture of a menu from the resort.

If someone returns with a picture of themselves with Teena, you get even more retroactive bonus points.

There are some really restrictive redemption rules that are too complex to detail here.

Short story, long.... just keep making those referrals, and you will be rewarded with even more laughter at your humerous posts.

How many days until your trip? It must be coming soon!

We'll be at the BC on the 9th!
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

~NM
PS. If I don't get my BC/YC FAQ thread reward points soon I might jump ship over to the BWI and see if I can get a better deal.... :eek:

Teena have a great cruise. Nothing beats sail away. We just got back from a cruise between the Hawaiian islands.

The one piece of advice I can give you is that adding on the hoppers to your tickets (is it still $50 plus tax?) is the same price whether you do it in advance or during your trip. So you don't need to add it until and unless you need to. If you decide on your second day that you want to hop to a different park you can pay for the upgrade then. If you decide you don't need to hop, you don't have to add it.

That being said, as ocalla mentioned, being so close to EPCOT makes having park hoppers very attractive.

Good luck!

Awesome! Yes, it's about $50 to upgrade each ticket, and I posted in this Yacht club thread be ause I figure y'all would have good info regarding getting from A to Z and the tricks of the trade! Getting more excited as things roll forward!

Two words... Clown Pool

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

You of course are right, who am I kidding. I could never hang with Pennywise the pool slide over at BWI.

What WERE they thinking when they decided to go with that.... "thing" as a theme???? The designers can't win 'em all I guess.

Back to the BC/YC recruiting. HEEERE Newby, Newby, Newby!!! Come closer... that's it, CLOSER... GOTCHA!

~NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter