2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everyone is doing okay with the storm. It's HOT and so dry I feel like my skin is falling off. We're up and off to the classroom for the last day to hopefully get done and ready for the kids to arrive tomorrow.

I'm having so much fun with Lily just hugging her and talking to her about our Disney adventures that are coming. She seems to particularly get super excited when I mention Typhoon Lagoon.

Jeanne is doing good ... sleep deprived but I have her convinced now about getting on a schedule and the last two days it seemed to work much better. Last night Lily actually made a 4 hour period of sleep.

So good to hear from you!!! I can't think of anything better than bedtime stories from Nanny about Disney! The sleep deprivation is the worst part of new motherhood, especially with a smaller weight baby (been there, done that), but fortunately, that problem will pass, hopefully soon. I remember the 10 lb milestone was a biggie for longer sleep!

we are staying CL and recently changed our DS and family to BC from CS...will they be on the same floor or are the CL rooms all on one floor....:confused:...not a big deal at all if they arent...just checking

All regular CL rooms are on the 5th floor. No Non CL rooms on the 5th floor.

There are suites and deluxe cl rooms that have cl privileges but are on different floors.

HTH

Reporting in from Boston- High winds and lots of rain, but no flooding that I am aware of around here. We lost power from 9 am to 3 pm, but hopefully the worst is over here. Boys spent the night at a friend's house because we had tickets to see Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. Mark is picking them up now.

So glad to hear from you guys!!! I have been thinking about you all!

Good to hear that you haven't floated away either! I may very well step outside and blow on up and drop in on you!

:dumbo:

~MM

Reporting in from Boston- High winds and lots of rain, but no flooding that I am aware of around here. We lost power from 9 am to 3 pm, but hopefully the worst is over here. Boys spent the night at a friend's house because we had tickets to see Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. Mark is picking them up now.

Good to hear from you too!!! Glad things seem to be ok for you. It's still pretty windy here, but at least it isn't raining! Keep you in my thoughts that things continue to be ok!

~Nannette

Well, thought I would jump in, having finally read the entire thread. We (myself, DW and DD) will be making our first trip to the YC on Dec. 3, and we are really excited to be going: 1, because we are staying at the YC for the first time, and 2, because we are getting to go during the holidays ! In fact, it will be our first trip to WDW NOT in August. We will be visiting with our DS who is on his college internship till Jan. So, just wanted to say hi. Have a nice nite !!

Just read the recent post about someone wondering about the train. I would say - don't do it ! It is not any cheaper than flying and takes 2 days minimum to get to Boston. When we went to WDW on '07, my DW decided she would like to take the train (she doesn't like flying to begin with). She talked my then 12 yo DD into going with her. My DS and I left 2 days later and flew. When we met them in front of the Poly, my DD said "dad, if you ever make me do that again I will never forgive you !" Needless to say, we ALL flew home. My DW, DD and DS all just drove to Disney on Aug 20th, so my DS could be there to start his internship. My DW said it was not a bad trip, but that she would rather fly. And that is fine by me. We have driven to NC numerous times since my DS started college, and that is more than far enough for me. Have fun.

So glad everyone is safe and that Irene wasn't as bad as was predicted. Better to be prepared than caught out! We were hit with Hurricane Igor last year this time, and it was terrifying. Gave me a true appreciation of what people go through since it was only a Category 1. I can only imagine what it would be like to go through anything stronger and know I would rather not! Our power was out for 4 days.

I've got my DS totally psyched about the trip, although my whole family thinks I'm loopy and Disney crazy. Have to come here to be amongst my peeps! :rotfl: I love hearing people as excited as I am about booking, the live trip reports and the stories when people come back. I'm already picking up a few things (like water bobbles!) and thinking that they would be good for Disney.

My DS wants me to ask a question about the arcade at BC. Is it just video games? Do they take tokens or quarters? Do they give tickets for prizes or is the game supposed to be thrill enough? :lmao: How big is it? I apologize if the answer is somewhere in the thread already!

TIA.

Hello all, still here at YC, looks like we cannot get out till Saturday. Am trying to embrace being at WDW for 15 days :). Going to MK tomorrow which should help!

My friend has been checking on my house in MA and I have a very large section of an even larger tree in my back yard... My house is fine which is the best ;)

Pool quieter today and I got 3 loads of laundry done! Scafolding up at YC too, hubby said it's been there all week.

Oh also met my first ruder than rude cast member at EPCOT on Saturday, DVC guy, who was SO condescending!

My DS wants me to ask a question about the arcade at BC. Is it just video games? Do they take tokens or quarters? Do they give tickets for prizes or is the game supposed to be thrill enough? :lmao: How big is it? I apologize if the answer is somewhere in the thread already!

TIA.

The arcade is like your typical one where they have air hockey, video games, driving games, shooting games, basketball games and the like. I doubt that they give tickets for prizes because I don't remember the arcade having a prize counter to redeem the tickets. As for currency you cannot use quarters, you have to convert your money to the Hotel's arcade credits. For the life of me I don't remember the details of this. The arcade is about the size of one and a half elementary school class rooms so it's not tiny. It's located right near Beaches and Cream so it's a good place to hang out while you are waiting for a table.... that's what we did. The buzzer they give you will get a signal in the arcade.

I think they also have a ping pong table at the hotel, but it's outside somewhere near the pool. I'm not sure how you go about getting the ping pong balls.

I'm not sure if they have beer pong at Hurricane Hannah's. Perhaps during Pop Warner week when all the drunks hit Disney. Can you imagine if they had Beer Pong tables at Pop Century? ..... DURING Pop Warner!!!! :scared1: No one would be fit to go to the parks.

Oh well.... I digress (as usual!)

~ Marlton Mom

Hello all, still here at YC, looks like we cannot get out till Saturday. Am trying to embrace being at WDW for 15 days :). Going to MK tomorrow which should help! My friend has been checking on my house in MA and I have a very large section of an even larger tree in my back yard... My house is fine which is the best

Sorry to hear that you have to stay for the week. Hope you make the best of it. Can't imagine you'll be bored but I'm sure the worry of all that is going on at home isn't helping with the Magic of the World.

Meant to leave YC on Monday but my flight back to MA is cancelled :(. While everyone seems to think this is great.... Its not! I cannot get on another flight until Saturday!!! Next Saturday! I will have already been here for 10 nights and while I did buy the Disney trip insurance it's not going to cover staying 5 more nights, plus my DH needs to be home for work.

DH wants to rent a car and drive 23 hours home with 3 kids....

Anyone with any tips or ideas I would LOVE to hear em!

I'm with your DH on this I would rent a car and head back home. I know it's sounds crazy with 3 kids but I would want to get back and make sure all was well with my home. Even if you have to break up the ride back into 2 days it's still better than waiting until Saturday.
Good luck with your decision, if you stay try to make the best of it and I pray all is well when you make it back home:wizard:

Very happy to hear that all the East coaster (is that a word?) are doing well, especially those in the coastal areas!!!!! All is fine here, thought the wind was going to take our deck off the house but it survived. We were VERY luck here! Getting to work today for DH is going to be a nightmare IF he can even get there. Many of the major roads he takes are flooded and the town he works in has flooding now and it's expected to get worse between now and tomorrow.

On a lighter note: We arrive at the Beach Club in 88 days:woohoo: and I can't wait.
Laurie:goodvibes

Originally Posted by Feckless
My DS wants me to ask a question about the arcade at BC. Is it just video games? Do they take tokens or quarters? Do they give tickets for prizes or is the game supposed to be thrill enough? How big is it? I apologize if the answer is somewhere in the thread already!

TIA.

When we were there in May 2011, there was a prize machine, an automated prize dispenser thingy. Cheap plastic stuff (as you would guess). But fun. MM is correct -- you need to purchase an arcade card from the machine in the arcade room. It keep track of points you score on various games. Then you can trade points in through the automated thingy, and it drops out the prize.

Hello all, still here at YC, looks like we cannot get out till Saturday. Am trying to embrace being at WDW for 15 days :). Going to MK tomorrow which should help!

My friend has been checking on my house in MA and I have a very large section of an even larger tree in my back yard... My house is fine which is the best ;)

Glad your home is OK! But as much as I say I'd love to be stuck @ WDW, I can't imagine it really happening. I don't mean to be nosy, but did they give you a special rate for your room? Like a "distressed traveler" type thing? It's just 2 of us, but I can't imagine having to double my vacation budget to pay for another full week of hotel & food, even if we didn't opt for park tickets. And of course, I would need park tickets, I couldn't be there & not go to a park! :) Or is your vacation insurance paying for hotel costs til you can get another flight? Sorry again for being nosy, I just can't imagine the costs!! :scared1: And having to take another whole week off of work. My DH only gets 3 weeks of vacation per year, he would hate having to use an unplanned week like that.

Glad your home is OK! But as much as I say I'd love to be stuck @ WDW, I can't imagine it really happening. I don't mean to be nosy, but did they give you a special rate for your room? Like a "distressed traveler" type thing? It's just 2 of us, but I can't imagine having to double my vacation budget to pay for another full week of hotel & food, even if we didn't opt for park tickets. And of course, I would need park tickets, I couldn't be there & not go to a park! :) Or is your vacation insurance paying for hotel costs til you can get another flight? Sorry again for being nosy, I just can't imagine the costs!! :scared1: And having to take another whole week off of work. My DH only gets 3 weeks of vacation per year, he would hate having to use an unplanned week like that.

I was wondering the same thing only I'm nosey as can be.....

~MM

Here is the lastest travelers advisory from soggy New Jersey.

Aparently we are the source of the Northeastern corridor railway disfunction. The area near Trenton NJ through which all of these tracks are routed is completely under water and the Delaware river is still expected to crest later on today. (Remember, Washington crossed the Delaware river near Trenton and surprised the British )

I saw pictures of the tracks on the news and reports indicate that 1st the water has to drain, then lengthy track inspections are to take place, which they have no time frame for as to their completion.

This rail corridor carries both commuter and regional rail traffic all the way up and down the East Coast.

This concludes your Travelers Advisory from beatiful downtown Marlton NJ......
Stay tuned to this thread for further details as needed.

~Marlton Mom

TIA.

Here are some pictures of the arcade I found in a trip report I am reading- hope you don't mind me posting these here, April!!!

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!