2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been able to keep up with the thread with the hurricane weekend..I hope all are safe that had to deal with irene.

I will be in florida 8 weeks from today! It can not get here soon enough! I'm not turning on the tv once while we are done there so sick of the media/news coverage really just want to get away from everything while I am down there.

So, we will be arriving in 22 days and I'm curious what is the current BB offer...
I heard there are 2 one is for 40% off Deluxe and the other is free dining...Can anyone down there comfirm that there is two for next year. I really want the 40% off deluxe and not free dining...I think I have to still crunch the numbers what is better for our parties that are going.
How many rooms are you able to book for the BB offer?

We had a lovely stay early last week for two nights after three nights at all star sports. Quiet first floor facing the wedding gazebo. Low crowds at that point. Spent the last day at SAB. The only surprise for us not included in these boards is how "bumpy" the slide was. At each join in the tube the gap was fairly painful. SO we only rode it 2 or 3 times and stayed in the water otherwise. Great check-in staff and good housekeeping. We were directed to use the health club lockers on our last day by cast members. Since it wasn't crowded this wasn't a problem but could easily be a problem with more folks.

The only bad part was leaving on the of the east coast earth quake. We only heard about it from some fairly frantic folks and their anxiety stressed us out. We were delayed on the way home but it was all manageable.

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to use the Sandcastle Club? I have two kids - 4 and 7. Thanks

Hi Everyone, this will be my family's first trip to the Beach Club and we are really looking forward to it. I was wondering it they still offer Yoga on the beach and if there are any spas there that offer massages. We are bringing my daughter and her friend ( both 21) and they really want the spa treatment. Thank you so much! :)

Hi Everyone, this will be my family's first trip to the Beach Club and we are really looking forward to it. I was wondering it they still offer Yoga on the beach and if there are any spas there that offer massages. We are bringing my daughter and her friend ( both 21) and they really want the spa treatment. Thank you so much! :)

Not sure about the yoga. But wife did the massage last year. Here is a copy and paste from page 1 of this thread and the link to the website with spa prices.

From Page 1
Ship Shape Health Club and Spa Guests of the YC, BC and BCV will discover a new sense of well-being in the Ship Shape Health Club. State-of-the-art fitness equipment by Life Fitness and Hammer Strength includes treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, regular and recumbent bicycles, weight machines and free weights.

A personal trainer is also available by appointment, for an additional cost.

Attendants are available from 6:30 AM to 7 PM. Hours may vary seasonally. 24 hour access is available. For club access beyond attendant hours, meet with an attendant during posted hours to sign a waiver and obtain a 24-hour access key.

Resort Guests must be 14 years of age or older to use the health-club facilities. Guests 14 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian.

Niki Bryan Spa info and price list:
Reservations: 407-934-3256

http://relaxedyet.com/yacht_club_resort.asp

Hope that helps.

So, we will be arriving in 22 days and I'm curious what is the current BB offer...
I heard there are 2 one is for 40% off Deluxe and the other is free dining...Can anyone down there comfirm that there is two for next year. I really want the 40% off deluxe and not free dining...I think I have to still crunch the numbers what is better for our parties that are going.
How many rooms are you able to book for the BB offer?

We were at the YC last week and saw nothing about BB offers. There was nothing in the room and all of the CMs I spoke with said that there were currently no offers. I wish there had been, because we would have booked for next year. I hope you have better luck than we did.

I was just at YC 8/17-8/25. When I arrived there was a room discount bounceback in our room through late December. On our departure day I called 8844 to see if there was a different bounceback even though I didn't get a new flyer in my room, figuring that usually they offer a free dining bounceback during the current Aug-Sept free dining promotion. Well, they did. I was able to book free dining for next year at the new Animation Suites. The BB is QSDP at values and basic DDP at moderates and deluxes. No requirement to purchase a memory book. The promotion dates begin 8/17/12. I think they went through late Sept/12 but I didn't pay much attention to the end date since we can't travel in September.

Hello all :goodvibes

We'll soon be staying at the Beach Club. Looking forward to it...

I was wondering if anyone has taken a taxi to Downtown Disney from the BC recently and could tell me approximately how much it'd cost? Also, how long did it take? Thanks in advance!

We -- hubs, kiddo and myself -- thought it'd be nice to go there on one of our "off" days with my mom and dad.

I was wondering if anyone has taken a taxi to Downtown Disney from the BC recently and could tell me approximately how much it'd cost? Also, how long did it take? Thanks in advance!

We -- hubs, kiddo and myself -- thought it'd be nice to go there on one of our "off" days with my mom and dad.

We took a cab from the Yacht Club in July to T-Rex at DownTown Disney. I think it cost around $17.00 with tip. It took around 10 minutes or so, but don't quote me on the time. HTH

Jennifer

I just checked my CC statement and it cost $16 from the YC (and it took less than 15 minutes).

HTH!

We took a cab from the Yacht Club in July to T-Rex at DownTown Disney. I think it cost around $17.00 with tip. It took around 10 minutes or so, but don't quote me on the time. HTH

Jennifer

I just checked my CC statement and it cost $16 from the YC (and it took less than 15 minutes).

HTH!

Ah, thanks to you both! :goodvibes That's very reasonable... especially in lieu of a long wait for a bus either end.

I was just at YC 8/17-8/25. When I arrived there was a room discount bounceback in our room through late December. On our departure day I called 8844 to see if there was a different bounceback even though I didn't get a new flyer in my room, figuring that usually they offer a free dining bounceback during the current Aug-Sept free dining promotion. Well, they did. I was able to book free dining for next year at the new Animation Suites. The BB is QSDP at values and basic DDP at moderates and deluxes. No requirement to purchase a memory book. The promotion dates begin 8/17/12. I think they went through late Sept/12 but I didn't pay much attention to the end date since we can't travel in September.

Today was out last day and we just arrived home about an hour ago. So, so sad!!

The only thing that made it bearable was my calling the same folks you did and getting the exact same deal. I booked the BC from 8/19-8/25. Standard room, 7 day park hoppers and free dining for $3,600. I'll see if I get a 40% off room pin like I did for this trip which should make it a bit cheaper but I am pretty happy with the rate I received considering it's for 4.

And the same thing happened to me with the Bounceback clock. It was in our room when we arrived but was gone after the nightly turn down service. Thankfully the folks at the desk were so helpful and turned me on to call.

Was an absolutely perfect trip from start to finish!! The only thing missing was Teena but I'm sure we will see her next year, and of course for my trip in December!! We certainly missed her wonderful smile and being able to chat with her!!

Jay

We just returned home this evening and had a wonderful BWI stay, really enjoyed our 3-night cruise and of course, and our BC stay was great as always! We had an absolutely beautiful room and enjoyed lots of time at SAB yesterday!

First, we're thinking of all of you have been impacted by Irene and wishing safe travels to those trying to return home. We talked with several families who had delayed/cancelled flights and really felt terrible for them, hearing about the stress of not knowing the condition of their homes and worrying about friends and family. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Teena, we missed you so much!!! We enjoyed the photo of you with Jeanne and Lily and we're so happy that you're spending time with them. But it's a very different lobby without you! As we were waiting for Magical Express this afternoon, the boys took "Teena photos" in the lobby, leaving a space between them where you would be standing!

Dee and I compiled a list of missions and photos before I left - all accomplished! I'll post the info I gathered and the photos once we are settled in again, along with praise for more outstanding CMs (at both BWI and BC) who did so much to make our trip wonderful.

DoleWhipMom, I just read your posts from the last week and hope you arrived safely today! We took the noodles to Bell Services and left them in your name earlier today, so hopefully they are with you now!

Speaking of noodles, our boys were absolutely thrilled when we retrieved the noodles from Bell Services and became quite attached to them! So many, many thanks to Marlton Mom for this wonderful idea - it was such a treat and so thoughtful of you to get this all started!!

More soon!!! :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter