2011 Free Dining is Extended! New dates as of 8/3

I don't remember how the dates fell last year, but in the past the Disney Visa holders got to book on a Monday, and then general public on Thursday.
So, if last year's dates are any indication, IF they do Free Dining (as they have consistently for the last SIX years, amid speculation EACH year that they would not), my guess is May 2 for Dis. Visa, and May 5 for General public, OR the next week, so the 9th and 12th. But my money is on the 2nd and 5th.
Probably for a limited time between Aug. 13 and Oct. 1st. week.

Then, if things follow last year, there will be some sort of extension of that first week of July for limited dates between Oct. and Mid-December.
Not sure if Dis. Visa got first dibs on that one or not.

If you could go back and read every Free Dining thread for that last 6 years, you'd laugh at how it's the EXACT same conversation. LOL

Someday, they probably WILL stop doing it. The way the economy is right now, they'll offer a deal...and it will be Free Dining or something else good.

I agree with this :thumbsup2

I have been all over these boards and have heard different stories about conversations with multiple CM's. Some say there will be a free dining offer, some say there will not be one and some simply say "we have no idea".

Free dining was offered to Visa Card holders in 2010 on the Thursday April 29th and to the general public the following Monday (May 3rd). Maybe Disney will offer free dining for 2011 in May or June - who knows - but there is still plenty of time for them to make the offer.

Also, I see alot of people kicking themselves for not booking their Oct - Dec 2011 vacation during the 2010 free dining deal (the one that ended Dec 20th, 2010) but there were no Oct-Dec 2011 dates within that deal.
And for those of you whose dates were/are Jan-Sept...I strongly believe that Disney was just trying a new marketing ploy to get the early birds booked....well...early, and free dining will be offered again.

Disney has a huge marketing team and I'm sure some of them read this board. :surfweb: With all of us hoping for free dining, I think Disney would have to be "sold out" not to offer it again. It's better to get us booked in their hotels with free dining than have empty hotel rooms! Maybe there will be less dates available but whether the economy is doing better or not - the kids are still in school from Sept-Dec., the hotels are not sold out, and the parks are not a maximum capacity every day.....just my two cents.
Let's keep hoping and wishing....after all, that's what Disney is all about. :):tink:

i had a thought last night as I was speaking to my travel agent that I bumped into at Target last night... Disney offers free dining when reservations are down and free dining is no guarantee.. im going in 2012 when the new Fantasyland opens up... does anyone think that will affect the free dining offer?? do you think there will be a signifigant increase in resevations for that year??

i had a thought last night as I was speaking to my travel agent that I bumped into at Target last night... Disney offers free dining when reservations are down and free dining is no guarantee.. im going in 2012 when the new Fantasyland opens up... does anyone think that will affect the free dining offer?? do you think there will be a signifigant increase in resevations for that year??

Good question... We have been thinking of taking our family back late August 2013 when most of Fantasyland has been done, and allowing the kids to bring a friend each. So 2 adults and 4 kids - all as adults on the DDP.

We would want the DDP and I am really hoping FD continues to be offered. I do not see us taking a 2013 trip without the FD. The cost difference will just be too large for us.

The latest report from Disney has the first phase of the new Fantasyland opening very late in 2012 so it depends on when you are going but I think it would definitely affect attendance and any deals they are planning for 2013. Maybe they will only offer PIN codes by e-mail for 2013 - it all depends on bookings.

The latest report from Disney has the first phase of the new Fantasyland opening very late in 2012 so it depends on when you are going but I think it would definitely affect attendance and any deals they are planning for 2013. Maybe they will only offer PIN codes by e-mail for 2013 - it all depends on bookings.

I called and asked about the Art of Animation resort and was told late 2012. We are going in August. I was thinking they would probably try to have the new expansion done for peak time in the summer and the slower months when reservations drop. UUGGGHH.. all this wondering and speculation drives me crazy!!!! :eek: still going either way tho :goodvibes

:wizard:We had free dining plus one TS in November of 2009. If I remember right the announcement came out sometime in May. I booked my ADR's today so I am hoping for some pixie dust We saved about $300 off our total cost last time by getting the free dining.

I called and asked about the Art of Animation resort and was told late 2012. We are going in August. I was thinking they would probably try to have the new expansion done for peak time in the summer and the slower months when reservations drop. UUGGGHH.. all this wondering and speculation drives me crazy!!!! :eek: still going either way tho :goodvibes

Late '12 for AoA? Last I heard was May '12.. that is where I was wanting to book for my Oct '12 trip.. I hope it's open by then.

Late '12 for AoA? Last I heard was May '12.. that is where I was wanting to book for my Oct '12 trip.. I hope it's open by then.

well you know how it goes when you call. they really don't know! one person can say late 2012 then you can call back get someone else and they will tell you early 2012!!! they always like to keep us guessing!!! uugghh... sooo annoying... the ressie person i chatted online with said 499 days in advance room only AND you could book AOA even tho there is no official open date.... I'm finding that one hard to beleive... I should call and try it huh?? just out of curiosity!! :confused3

well you know how it goes when you call. they really don't know! one person can say late 2012 then you can call back get someone else and they will tell you early 2012!!! they always like to keep us guessing!!! uugghh... sooo annoying... the ressie person i chatted online with said 499 days in advance room only AND you could book AOA even tho there is no official open date.... I'm finding that one hard to beleive... I should call and try it huh?? just out of curiosity!! :confused3

There's actually some logic to the opening date confusion - it is supposed to open in phases, starting spring 2012, but the completion date is late 2012. So technically both could be construed as correct.

No excuse for the wrong booking information though! They most likely won't open bookings until construction of the first phase is close enough to completion to be reasonably confident there won't be any significant delays.

So, we're trying to plan out our 2011 Disney trip. Can't decide when to go. If we knew the free dining plan was going to be offered and the dates it would be offered it would make our decision a lot easier.
I would guess it would be offered again.
Any predictions?
Thanks

Just know when they offered last was to be booked by December 20. 2010 and that was for up to October 1, 2011 so if they have again will probably not be until late August or September. I am watching for a friend as well:cheer2: got ours already for September

Just know when they offered last was to be booked by December 20. 2010 and that was for up to October 1, 2011 so if they have again will probably not be until late August or September. I am watching for a friend as well:cheer2: got ours already for September

we went august 2010, i think they offered free dining in mid to late may that year. seems like once all other offers end, they wait and offer free dining. of course, you will find it here as soon as it comes out. they usually offer it to disney visa card holders first, then to the general public. im not a card holder but my mom is. if i hear from her i will post. the waiting and anticpation of free dining is enough to drive you crazy!!! lol

we went august 2010, i think they offered free dining in mid to late may that year. seems like once all other offers end, they wait and offer free dining. of course, you will find it here as soon as it comes out. they usually offer it to disney visa card holders first, then to the general public. im not a card holder but my mom is. if i hear from her i will post. the waiting and anticpation of free dining is enough to drive you crazy!!! lol

LOL, you'll hear it here before your mom hears from Visa. They're usually several days late.

I am hoping that they will offer free dining thru October. We are going october 29-Nov 9 and hope to catch the tail end of free dining. We will up grade to Deluxe if that happens. If not we will be looking for a room only discount. We will also upgrade our 10 day passes to Annual when we get down there. We have done deluxe the last two times we went and our very spoiled. Love to eat where we want. Don't know if we can do just the quick service. We like to eat breakfast in the parks or at the hotels.

I wish they offered 1 quick service and 2 table service plans. Then we could have a nice breakfast, quick service meal and then a table service. We could always pay for breakfast then save 2 table service credits for a nice dinner.

OH well we will have to wait and see. Booking our trip today.

Sylvia in MN

Hi everyone! I am keeping close track of all the chatter.

I have made our reservations for August 10-19 staying at the Beach Club Resort with airfare and parkhoppers tickets attached. I made the reservations online while online chatting with a cast member. I did this in early January. We did not get any dining plan since all 3 kids will be over 10 by then. I have never gotten a FD pin or any other pin for that matter. If I do get one, or the FD is announced for everyone (I hope it will be for my dates), how do you go about getting it? Do I call and ask for the FD plan? Do I give some sort of pin? I have not called to see if anything is attached to my name, email or address. I don't even know if I got any discounts when I booked. I just want to go.

I am such a newbie and could use the help. I love listening to everyone on here. Such great advice and help.

Thanks.

Allyson

I called Disney to see if I had a free dining PIN attached to my name and I did. It was for travel through August 13th and we aren't going until October so it didn't do me any good. Call them. You may have a pin attached to your name.

LOL. Yes try and call and see what they say!

I am not in the 499 day range for my trip yet. :rotfl: I'm just at 528!!

speaking to reservations yesterday... she said all promotions end august 13 2011, which most of us know... and she said new ones will start coming out may 1st. of course we all know how that goes... she said that, call back today and you get a different answer. althought she did seem pretty knowledgeable. i am trying to decide if i should do a room only ressie right now and add package to it later. I really dont see to much advantage to it and they didnte even have a room available for my augst 2012 date. soooo.... awaiting i will be .....i guess.....

Just got a SECOND PIN CODE for Free Dining - book by Apr 30 for Apr 23-Aug 13/11.
So Free Dining is almost def being announced on May 1st!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter