2011 Free Dining is Extended! New dates as of 8/3

Just got a SECOND PIN CODE for Free Dining - book by Apr 30 for Apr 23-Aug 13/11.
So Free Dining is almost def being announced on May 1st!

You're very lucky! I never get any of these PIN codes and I even called and they said there was nothing. If I got one I would have changed from the Dolphin to the BC. Oh well, maybe this time we'll rent a car and eat offsite and save some money.

This was not the case for us? As I understand it... this only applies IF you have a room only reservation. I have changed my discount MANY times including resort changes. We typically book the best deal early then if something better comes out we will change the discount code. We have never had a problem and never had to cancel and rebook.

We had a room and tickets package. This was last Sept. I questioned how if I was cancelling my room at AS Movies, why there wouldn't be a room available to re-book with the dining plan. The CM told me only a certain # of rooms were allocated for the free dining deal and they were sold out, so I had to change resorts. Maybe when you did it, the rooms were not full at the resort you had booked.. OR.. could be another case of CMs being misinformed. Either way it worked out - we loved Pop and we're going back this Sept to AS Movies.

I just (with in the last week) got an email that said this:

"Just choose the deal
that's right for you
for arrivals most nights 4/23–8/13/11.
FREE Disney Dining Plan
when you purchase a non-discounted,
5-night/5-day Magic Your Way vacation package that includes Theme Park
tickets and accommodations at a select Disney Deluxe Resort or Disney
Deluxe Villa Resort!

Save $230 per adult!

Over 100 select Walt Disney World restaurants, including some with
Character Dining, participate in the
Disney Dining Plan!
OR
FREE Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
when you purchase a non-discounted,
5-night/5-day Magic Your Way vacation package that includes Theme Park tickets and accommodations at a select Disney Value Resort or Disney Moderate Resort!

Save $175 per adult!

Over 50 select Walt Disney World restaurants participate in the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan!"

Does that effect the free dinning that always happens in sept? Or is that a separate deal?

I think that means that Disney will release the free dining to the public for trip dates that are after the dates given on the emails that we have received.

Usually FD was always mid august thru early Sept , back in the days when it was Free ddp !!Now when it is free QSP at values and now moderates , you can upgrade to ddp for the difference in price per day which is still a good deal but not like the deals of yester years !!!

Looks like they are going down the UK route on the deals now - that you need to be Deluxe for full dining plan!

My oldest son and I are going for his Senior trip to MNSSHP, both our first times for this. We are so excited. We have the ddp added right now, but hoping for it to change to free dining so we only have to pay the difference between the QS and the DDP. Our dates are October 6-9, 2011. Already made our ADR's.:cool1:

We have our fingers crossed also, but if no free dining, no problem I'll use the AP room discount, cancel half of the ADRs (got to keep Le Cellier) we have made for our week in mid October and do some off site dining in Kissimmee, do more counter service and graze more at the Food and Wine Fest.
Either way we are there.
We are going for 4 nights in May-June with out the DDP for the first time but made ADRS using the discount from the AP at a few restaurants.
Maybe if there is no free DDP they can clear out half of the tables and give the people going to the restaurants room to move instead of sitting on each others laps. But I will probably miss the every night at a sitdown so maybe next year if we go we may buy the DDP.

We had a room and tickets package. This was last Sept. I questioned how if I was cancelling my room at AS Movies, why there wouldn't be a room available to re-book with the dining plan. The CM told me only a certain # of rooms were allocated for the free dining deal and they were sold out, so I had to change resorts. Maybe when you did it, the rooms were not full at the resort you had booked.. OR.. could be another case of CMs being misinformed. Either way it worked out - we loved Pop and we're going back this Sept to AS Movies.

Ok... I was referring to the discount. Let me clarify.... IF you have a ROOM ONLY (no dining or tix) then you do have to cancel the reservation and rebook with the new discount for a package BUT that is based on availability as they only allow a certain number of rooms per resort for each discount. IF you DO have a package (including dining) then you CAN change it to a new discount IF the room is available for that discount. If it isn't... then you have a choice... to keep the discount you have, or change resorts. SO... if you are going from like reservation to like reservation (room only or package) then you can change the discount pending the room you are looking for is available with that discount, otherwise you can change resorts or keep what you have. :thumbsup2

It seems like so many people are getting free dining emails for 4/23-8/13. We are going 8/10-8/19 and have not received anything. I even called, but nothing for me. So, if free dining is announced for the public, do you think it will be from 8/13-? or will it be a later date? And if the date starts sometime within our vacation days, do we still get it for the whole vacation? It makes me sad that some people get 2 and 3 free dining emails for the time we are going and I get nothing. I know it is totally random, just makes me sad.

Thanks.

Allyson

If free dining starts during your trip, you would be able to get free dining from the first day it starts until the end of your trip and only by booking 2 reservations. One for the non free dining days and a second for the free dining days. You won't, unfortunately get it for your whole trip.

Touring plans tweeted a rumor that a "tasty" discount would be announced before May 10..

When did they tweet that? I just went to their twitter feed and scrolled down quite a ways and have not found said tweet? Help please.

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been covered but I just want to check.

Last year when we were over we got free QS which we upgraded to the normal Dining Plan and it was fab. This year we booked with a UK travel agent rather than directly with Disney. We are staying at POFQ for 14 nights and have 14 day park tickets. I have just noticed that free QSDP is now available on those dates if you book now. I'm assuming there is no way I can get this now right? Would be a MAJOR bonus if we could but I'm guessing it's for new bookings.

Thanks

mo x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter