2011 dining plan: PRICES, BROCHURE AND RESTAURANT LIST DATED 12/10/10

So........I have a quick question, I have never used the DDP before so I am clueless and apologize!! The deluxe plan includes what exactly? It says it includes 3 meals....is that two table service and 1 quick service? I'm confused! I didn't see where it specifies!! HELP!!:)

It is any kind of meal you want. You can get TS or CS. I think that to get your money out of it you really need to be doing a lot of TS though. Or a lot of signature restaurants or character meals.

Thank you, that is interesting! We have two table service meals planned for ALMOST every day. We also have 3 dinners that are the more expensive places (California Grill, Artist Point, Hollywood Brown Derby, etc)

I think that's why I was confused, I was used to it saying in the past 1 TS, 1 CS etc. I was really thrown when I saw that!

So, in other words it just tracks the number of meals you do per day? Not the type of place??

TDC,

If you check in on a non peak day but the rest of your vacation is peak time will they charge you by day what is peak or will you pay the non peak price the entire time since you checked in on a non peak time? Lol thats a lot of peaks.

Thanks!

We were interested in doing the DDP from 10/23/2011 to 10/29/2011 which isn't part of the peak season as indicated in the first post. That said, when I just called to get prices for adding the DDP to our package the CM quoted me a price up and BEYOND the peak season rate.

According to the first post the DDP should run this:

Basic Dining Plan
* Adults $45.99 (regular season), $47.99 (peak season*)
* Children $11.99 (regular season), $12.99 (peak season*)
*Peak Seasons: 2/17/11 - 2/26/11, 3/11/11 - 4/30/11, 6/3/11 - 8/13/11, 12/23/11 - 12/31/11

She, however, quote me a price of $51.99 per day for Adults and $15.99 a day for Children.

Yikes! This adds an additional $132 for us as compared to what is quoted in the first post. Have they raised their prices??

eta: saw in your first post that they have been noted for quoting higher prices. How do I get the lower price instead? lol.

I have another question about the dining plan... Sorry so this is two questions.

1.) Is the price of the dining plan based on the day you check in? For example I am checking in on a non peak but the rest of the trip is peak. Will it change prices based on the day?

2.) Do you pay taxes on the dining plan price or is tax already figured out in the price?

Thanks for the help. I am just trying to get all the facts straight because I am figuring out the exact allocation of the cost of our trip bc Disney does not break it down for you.

Hi there - I also was charged a higher price than listed - $52 for adults and $16 for the kids.....does anyone know if they will honor the brochure price?

Thanks!

TDC,

If you check in on a non peak day but the rest of your vacation is peak time will they charge you by day what is peak or will you pay the non peak price the entire time since you checked in on a non peak time? Lol thats a lot of peaks.

Thanks!

I haven't the slightest idea. Back when I did the dining plan they didn't have peak dining plans. I'm DVC anyway, they don't pay peak pricing.

Hi there - I also was charged a higher price than listed - $52 for adults and $16 for the kids.....does anyone know if they will honor the brochure price?

Call back. People are reporting being quoted this price a lot. And there is no "brochure price" as there are no prices on the DDP brochure. The problem with packages is that they might not want to break down the components for you. The only way to get the lower price is to get someone on the phone who will acknowledge the lower price, unfortunately.

Thanks!

I haven't the slightest idea. Back when I did the dining plan they didn't have peak dining plans. I'm DVC anyway, they don't pay peak pricing.

Call back. People are reporting being quoted this price a lot. And there is no "brochure price" as there are no prices on the DDP brochure. The problem with packages is that they might not want to break down the components for you. The only way to get the lower price is to get someone on the phone who will acknowledge the lower price, unfortunately.

My stay is NOT at peak times and I was quoted the higher price the first time I called. I did the math and called back as was suggested by somone on this board and low and behold, I got the lower prices with the next CM I spoke with.

It's tricky, b/c they do not state the cost of the DDP anywhere that I can find (other than these boards). That said, when I called I told them my dilemma...that I understood the rates during non-peak times to be such and such and I was quoted a higher price when I called the first time. He wouldn't quote me an exact per person price but he put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and quoted me a total package price (room + MYW tickets + DDP). I knew how much my room was to begin with as I had made the room reservation before, and also knew how much the tickets were going to cost (with tax) and from that both the CM and I subtracted that out and got the remaining balance with equaled the DDP total cost that I had expected.

So long explanation short...be prepared and know your numbers...meaning, total cost of DDP and keep calling back until you can find someone who can honor that price.

The prices on the first post of this thread are the same prices that are charged to DVC members, who do not purchase packages (except the peak pricing for the regular DDP.) These are the prices listed on the DVC member website. I'm unaware of any announcment made by Disney since August, when these prices came out, that they would be increased. I have no idea why some persons on package reservations are being quoted prices that are a good bit higher for the dining plans...but a certain number of them (and not everyone who books a package) are reporting the same prices you are reporting. Because many reservation CMs refuse to break down the package prices, and guests appear to be getting this price by breaking the pricing down themselves, not sure where this extra price is coming from.

The child's quick service dining plan and basic dining plan cost the same (except in peak season), so no extra cost to upgrade a child.

This sounds great, but what is the difference from Quick service to Basic with Kids???

This sounds great, but what is the difference from Quick service to Basic with Kids???

In non peak season, there is no price difference for children between the quick service and basic plans. Both cost $11.99 per night.

In peak season, the basic plan for kids costs $12.99 per night, a difference of $1.

This is using the individual dining plan prices released by Disney as quoted on the DVC website, as there's no determination as to why some guests on package reservations are being quoted higher prices for the QS and Basic plans.

I know there is no price difference in non peak times. I was asking about the plan itself. Quick service has 2 CS and 2 snack credits. What does the Basic have ???

Basic plan allots 1 TS credit, 1 CS credit, 1 snack credit per night. No refillable mug.

Quick Service and Deluxe (3 meal credits for CS or TS and 2 snack credits per night) get mugs. Basic plan does not.

I just had a crazy (but nice) CM who quoted me the $52 dollar price as well. She also said there was no way they could break down the price on my package.

Ok, I promise I have been looking but obviously not in the right place, lol. How much does it cost per day to upgrade from basic ddp to deluxe? Adult & child prices. We have basic booked but taking my daughter & granddaughter for their first visit so want them to experience some of our favorites. Going in Sept, but not on free dining. Thanks.

Is there a way to verify the dining plan is on your reservation? I was charged for it but nothing shows online like i have the dining plan

Ok, I promise I have been looking but obviously not in the right place, lol. How much does it cost per day to upgrade from basic ddp to deluxe? Adult & child prices. We have basic booked but taking my daughter & granddaughter for their first visit so want them to experience some of our favorites. Going in Sept, but not on free dining. Thanks.

It's like an extra 30 a day per person.. We just did it for the later part of our trip and for 3 of us it was a little more than 230 for 4 nights..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter