2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a picture of the iClock in the rooms:

clockihomedock.jpg

Hope that helps.

Has anyone used this to charge up their iPods?

I have and it works great!

Marlton Mom
I just read your entire post and boy, did you ever HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!! You can drive yourself nuts by trying to coordinate everyone's activities. There are different tastes in accommodations, dining, activity level (or lack thereof), budgets.... it just goes on and on! Best to make plans that suit your individual family, and if the 2 families can get together - great! If not, well, so be it.

handing them a copy of our itinerary (an excel spreadsheet that is laminated and color coded...) and telling them to text us if they are near us and want to hook up! :thumbsup2 It actually worked out great, we ended up meeting for parades, and some rides, but it didn't turn out to be stressful at all that way.

This is how we travel with my parents (Disney and non-Disney) and we all have a great time!

I have the itinerary on 3x5 cards - I carry one and the boys carry their own copies. I started doing this as soon as the older two boys could read for every day of every vacation (Disney or not.) They could see how their opinions and preferences figured into the schedule each day and when they would need to compromise and do something less favored to accomodate a parent or sibling's preference. We review it all before the trip so everyone knows what to expect. (I make picture books for our youngest, because he can't read yet and needs lots of extra preparation.) My husband laughs because they still ask me about the schedule repeatedly, even though they have cards in their pockets!

So when traveling with my parents, I just make an extra copy for them and they are entirely free to come and go throughout the day.

P.S. Love the Lily photos!

The Noodle family live in the BC bell services closet.

Not true.. when I had them in November I picked them up and dropped them off at the YC because I was staying there as was the person who had them before me. It was worked out prior to our arrival dates where we would leave them and pick them up.

~Nannette

I sent a PM to cruisingkat last week to make arrangements for the noodle swap but haven't heard back yet. I was hoping if I posted in here, they would hopefully see the post and get back to me since they are leaving in a few days. If not, I will just head to bell services and have them look under Mrs. Noodle. Should I be going to bell services at the BC or YC?

The Noodle family live in the BC bell services closet.

Not true.. when I had them in November I picked them up and dropped them off at the YC because I was staying there as was the person who had them before me. It was worked out prior to our arrival dates where we would leave them and pick them up.

~Nannette

The default location for the Noodles should be BC Bell Services.

If you have made specific arrangements with the person who has them before you or will be getting them after you to leave them at YC, that is fine. But if you haven't arranged for a swap with the person before you or talked to them, look at BC. If they are not there, check YC.

I am surprised and pleased about how well the noodle swap has gone so far! Kudos to everyone who has been involved!

Thanks for your take, MM! I really appreciate your insight. My plan is pool time with them along with maybe some evening seat of your pants touring. Like I said, they are not morning people and I want us to do 4 rope drops and morning tours in our 10 days. We are playing the other days by ear - one possible dark side day, and DH wants to hit a water park with the kids. I have four resort days planned and lots of drinking by the pool time for me and DHs cousin while the kids play and DH and her DH head out golfing or driving fast around the track. I also want a spa morning or maybe a side trip to the outlet mall... I imagine they will join us for our evening WS ADRs.

I have already made it clear to them that I have a plan, and that apart from some pool time we shouldn't be together all day... It's their family vacation too! We all get along well. Let's see how it is when we come back, hey? :rotfl:

I'm so glad I found this page! We are going on our first trip to Disney Apr 15th-Apr 20th and staying at the BC. I have been wanting to go to Disney since I was very young and I finally talked my hubby into going. We have a 6 year old son and he can't wait. I was determined to take him to Disney no matter what since I never got to go as a kid :).

I'm so glad I found this page! We are going on our first trip to Disney Apr 15th-Apr 20th and staying at the BC. I have been wanting to go to Disney since I was very young and I finally talked my hubby into going. We have a 6 year old son and he can't wait. I was determined to take him to Disney no matter what since I never got to go as a kid :).

:welcome: to the forum and to the DIS!!!

You are going to have a fantastic trip! If you have any questions, ask away, but if you haven't seen the first page of this thread, you may want to check it out for a bit. Lots of great information and photos there.

We try to keep the info current so that it is not necessary to read all 200 pages of this thread ('tho you can if you want to!)

Thanks for providing your dates- I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on our Community page. :cool1:

Welcome! What a great spot for your first post!!

We will overlap for a few days. We arrive on the 19th!

So, I pretty much have our touring plans nailed down, and naturally, as we are staying at BC, we have alot of meals scheduled in WS. We are getting hoppers, so I was wondering....
Several nights, we will be going to MK, but have dinner at WS...based on past experience...I do not think that the walk from WS to the monorail at the front of the park is too bad...probably about 10 minutes, right??
Well, wouldn't it be quicker for us to finish dinner and just head to the monorail to get to MK, instead of walking back to the resort bus station, waiting for bus and getting over there??? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I do :love: the monorail and HATE:mad: the busses, but I do think it would be faster to just walk over to monorail.
Like Dee said you never know how long you'll wait for a bus.

OMG!!! I really did it!!!

This is my first official picture post to the DIS. And let's see, I've only been a Dis board member for ....how...many....years....:rotfl:

The directions were perfect!!!!!

Congrats on finally posting a pic. I'm still afraid to try it.
Thanks Dee for posting that again. I think you did it for me a while back.

Deb :)

Here's a picture of the iClock in the rooms:

Hope that helps.

Has anyone used this to charge up their iPods?

iPod, yes, but the iPhones typically throw up an error when you plug them in, and both of ours (iPhone4S) would not charge.

I'm getting a kick out of all these technically challenged posts about posting pics & multi-quoting (which I just recently learned how to do!)...now all the iPod talk...I'm bringing an iTouch with me (13 days woo hoo!) - I am VERY technically challenged - I'm hoping to use it with the wifi to check mail & of course, the DIS.

So if understand correctly, the clock radio is a docking station that will charge it as well? So no need to pack a charger? I'm at BCV in a studio - do they also have the same dock?

The IPod radio got me thinking that it might be nice to upgrade to an IPod from my little MP3, but I don't know the first thing about them. I went to the Sony website and I see the touch for $199 and the IPod Classic $249. I would have thought a basic IPod would have been cheaper, but it doesn't look like they even make those anymore.

I'm getting a kick out of all these technically challenged posts about posting pics & multi-quoting (which I just recently learned how to do!)...now all the iPod talk...I'm bringing an iTouch with me (13 days woo hoo!) - I am VERY technically challenged - I'm hoping to use it with the wifi to check mail & of course, the DIS.

So if understand correctly, the clock radio is a docking station that will charge it as well? So no need to pack a charger? I'm at BCV in a studio - do they also have the same dock?

It's somewhat tricky, and depends on the model of your Touch and the model of the radio itself. *most* iPods and iPod Touch models will take a charge on the iHome radios. You'll be safest bringing the wall charger that came with the Touch, they are small,shouldn't take up too much space, and will leave you with peace of mind.

You should have no problem accessing wifi using it (we did with our iPad and only had to agree to terms and conditions last weekend....simple and easy...and... FINALLY FREE!

Thank you Disney for joining the rest of the hospitality industry.:thumbsup2

Happy news! I get to be on the Guest List for BC twice! :yay:
I signed up for the ToT 10 mile race in September. I booked my flights yesterday (thank you JetBlue for telling me that yesterday was the day to expand your schedule!), and finally called the runDisney travel number to get prices. For these smaller race weekends you really need to stay at a host hotel for race transportation (BC was a host). I knew that rack rate at BC for the long weekend was around $1400 which seemed a lot for a solo trip. I was debating POR vs. Swan (not a host but I figured I could walk to BC or BW for transport). POR was quite a bit cheaper but I wasn't sure about outside doors as a single female traveler so I was leaning towards the Swan. The race discount cost made the price at BC close enough to the Swan price so I did it. Now I can only hope for an even better AP discount.
My dates are 9/28 - 10/1. Not bad since we leave BC 9/1 from our family trip!

Amanda

I finally called reservations tonight and changed our dates-----we will now be at BC from Sept 21st until the 27th. Only waterview rooms were available with my bounceback offer, so I bit the bullet and upgraded to standard view CL!!! :banana:

I had spent an hour this afternoon with DH debating which days to switch to, based on rates and airfare and had made the decision that we definitely weren't upgrading to CL, at least not right now. :rolleyes1 DH was a little surprised when I got off the phone! But I figure that the money I'm saving on airfare will pay for the upgrade, so we're even, right? ;)

Time to change my ticker!

Cindy

Can someone here give me step by step instructions for posting pics?? sorry, it's almost impossible to teach this old dog new tricks!!!

Here goes nothing......................

DisneyTrip2011128.jpg

I'm trying to figure out which one is the "old dog" in this pic unless you're talking about the one with the long pants and blue hat! I wish this old dog looked as young as all of you do! :thumbsup2

I see we're practically neighbors. I'm in MS and you're in LA. My BIL worked for Schilling Distributors in Lafayette and I can't tell you how many times he brought us goods from Hebert's Grocery. It really is a small world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter