• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The IPod radio got me thinking that it might be nice to upgrade to an IPod from my little MP3, but I don't know the first thing about them. I went to the Sony website and I see the touch for $199 and the IPod Classic $249. I would have thought a basic IPod would have been cheaper, but it doesn't look like they even make those anymore.

They still have the little iPod Nanos that are really cheap.....I took over my DD when she got her touch for Christmas. I think I like my MP3 better than the Nano....I'll be saving up for the touch...unless USCellular ever gets an iPhone!

I'm getting a kick out of all these technically challenged posts about posting pics & multi-quoting (which I just recently learned how to do!)...now all the iPod talk...I'm bringing an iTouch with me (13 days woo hoo!) - I am VERY technically challenged - I'm hoping to use it with the wifi to check mail & of course, the DIS.

So if understand correctly, the clock radio is a docking station that will charge it as well? So no need to pack a charger? I'm at BCV in a studio - do they also have the same dock?

They did have the same dock in the BCV studio when we went.

The IPod radio got me thinking that it might be nice to upgrade to an IPod from my little MP3, but I don't know the first thing about them. I went to the Sony website and I see the touch for $199 and the IPod Classic $249. I would have thought a basic IPod would have been cheaper, but it doesn't look like they even make those anymore.

I think you meant the Apple website...:rolleyes1

Anyway, you can get the iPod Shuffle for less than 100 bucks these days. If you're just looking for something to listen to while you're out and about, itt's perfect.

Happy news! I get to be on the Guest List for BC twice! :yay:
I signed up for the ToT 10 mile race in September. I booked my flights yesterday (thank you JetBlue for telling me that yesterday was the day to expand your schedule!), and finally called the runDisney travel number to get prices. For these smaller race weekends you really need to stay at a host hotel for race transportation (BC was a host). I knew that rack rate at BC for the long weekend was around $1400 which seemed a lot for a solo trip. I was debating POR vs. Swan (not a host but I figured I could walk to BC or BW for transport). POR was quite a bit cheaper but I wasn't sure about outside doors as a single female traveler so I was leaning towards the Swan. The race discount cost made the price at BC close enough to the Swan price so I did it. Now I can only hope for an even better AP discount.
My dates are 9/28 - 10/1. Not bad since we leave BC 9/1 from our family trip!

Amanda

Great news Amanda....Back to back Beach Club with family and solo/run. Best of both worlds! Enjoy. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Typically what time are the BCV ready for occupancy? Can arrive anytime b/c we're staying at Grandparents the night before. Just wondering what time we should plan on showing up? I was thinking of arriving early to let kids swim at pool but it would be nice to unpack luggage before getting wet. Thank you!!!
Long time lurker...newbie poster princess:

BCV's seem to be later in the day. We check in early our last three times (@10am) and it was after 3pm before we were allowed in the rooms. May have been luck of the draw. I'm sure the larger rooms take longer to clean and they use right up until their posted check in time to finish.

Hi everyone! We are diehard Poly lovers who will be trying BC for the first time in Nov. We tried to book the Poly for our week (11/2-10) but the least expensive rooms left were theme park view! Needless to say, they are very expensive. We could have done it, but if we stay at BC it will probably cover our food for the week. I think that's Jersey Week which might explain the lack of availability. I hope it's not too crowded. We are used to late Aug. crowds which are very manageable.

Does anyone have any special tips/tricks for the BC? I did read the FAQ and picked up some info there, but I was wondering if anyone has any other info (like any particular area to request for our room). We booked a water view room and requested a full balcony.

Also, how long of a walk is it to the Boardwalk? Just wondering if our little one will be able to do it without complaining.

Thanks for any advice!:yay:

Hi everyone! We are diehard Poly lovers who will be trying BC for the first time in Nov. We tried to book the Poly for our week (11/2-10) but the least expensive rooms left were theme park view! Needless to say, they are very expensive. We could have done it, but if we stay at BC it will probably cover our food for the week. I think that's Jersey Week which might explain the lack of availability. I hope it's not too crowded. We are used to late Aug. crowds which are very manageable.

Does anyone have any special tips/tricks for the BC? I did read the FAQ and picked up some info there, but I was wondering if anyone has any other info (like any particular area to request for our room). We booked a water view room and requested a full balcony.

Also, how long of a walk is it to the Boardwalk? Just wondering if our little one will be able to do it without complaining.

It's a mile loop around the whole lake so depending on where you are going over at the Boardwalk, it could be 5-10 minute walk.

Congrats on finally posting a pic. I'm still afraid to try it.
Thanks Dee for posting that again. I think you did it for me a while back.

Deb :)

Believe me..............if I can do it ANYONE can!! Give it a try.

I'm trying to figure out which one is the "old dog" in this pic unless you're talking about the one with the long pants and blue hat! I wish this old dog looked as young as all of you do! :thumbsup2

I see we're practically neighbors. I'm in MS and you're in LA. My BIL worked for Schilling Distributors in Lafayette and I can't tell you how many times he brought us goods from Hebert's Grocery. It really is a small world!

That's such a sweet thing to say. I still find it difficult to say that I'm 40 something!!! where did time go? :confused3 I wish that time would hurry up so my BC trip could get here!!!!!

I think you meant the Apple website...:rolleyes1

Anyway, you can get the iPod Shuffle for less than 100 bucks these days. If you're just looking for something to listen to while you're out and about, itt's perfect.

Yes, I was on the right website. Don't know why I said Sony.

I don't really want a shuffle. My husband has one. I like my Sandisk MP3 player better than his shuffle. I guess I was just surprised at how pricey the so called "basic" IPOD is. I don't really need one, but I like the IHOME docking station and thought I might want to get one for home too, but the shuffle doesn't fit in it, so I'd need one that does.

Think for now I'll focus on getting a new digital camera and I'll wait on the music.

FYI- added a new section to the FAQ post:

Anything else I should add to this? Just noticed that I should probably explain how to copy the ticker link into your signature.

Frequently Asked Questions and Other Useful Information

How do I

Make a ticker?
Find a ticker you like on someone's post. Click on it and it will take you to the site where it was created. You can then customize the background picture, text and dates.

Multi-quote more than one post?
There are 3 buttons on the bottom right corner of every post. The normal Quote button, the Multi Quote button ("+) and the Quick Reply button (scroll and quill). Click the Multi Quote button on all of the posts you want to quote. The buttons will highlight red when you select it. When you have selected all of the posts, go to the bottom of the page and click on the POST REPLY button. You will be taken to a Dialog box where all of the posts will be quoted, ready for your answers.

Post a Photo on the DIS

sub-lesson: Upload pictures into Photobucket in Large, not Full-size, format

Hyperlink a post? Coming Soon

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm so glad I found this page! We are going on our first trip to Disney Apr 15th-Apr 20th and staying at the BC.

Amanda

I finally called reservations tonight and changed our dates-----we will now be at BC from Sept 21st until the 27th. Only waterview rooms were available with my bounceback offer, so I bit the bullet and upgraded to standard view CL!!! :banana:

Cindy

Hi everyone! We are diehard Poly lovers who will be trying BC for the first time in Nov. We tried to book the Poly for our week (11/2-10) but the least expensive rooms left were theme park view!

Updated the Be Our Guest list with this new info!

FYI- added a new section to the FAQ post:

Anything else I should add to this? Just noticed that I should probably explain how to copy the ticker link into your signature.

Thanks for that Dee!! I knew which button was multi quote but tried using it and wasn't sure what else to do.

I signed up for the ToT 10 mile race in September. I booked my flights yesterday (thank you JetBlue for telling me that yesterday was the day to expand your schedule!), and finally called the runDisney travel number to get prices. For these smaller race weekends you really need to stay at a host hotel for race transportation (BC was a host). I knew that rack rate at BC for the long weekend was around $1400 which seemed a lot for a solo trip. I was debating POR vs. Swan (not a host but I figured I could walk to BC or BW for transport). POR was quite a bit cheaper but I wasn't sure about outside doors as a single female traveler so I was leaning towards the Swan. The race discount cost made the price at BC close enough to the Swan price so I did it. Now I can only hope for an even better AP discount.

Amanda

Congrats Amanda! Have Fun :yay:

Find a ticker you like on someone's post. Click on it and it will take you to the site where it was created. You can then customize the background picture, text and dates.

When you are finished, a code will be created that you can copy and paste into your signature.

The code will look something like this:

{url=http://distickers.com/ticker/}{img}http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/7xmp2twsyl9lfoey.png{/img}{/url}

note: I have replaced the brackets [ ] with braces { } so the address could appear instead of the ticker.

Go to your User CP (upper left corner of this site)
Under Your Control Panel, you will find Settings and Options.
Here is where you can Edit Signature.

Copy and Paste the code from the ticker site you used into your signature.

The ticker, and anything else you add to your signature (smilies, names, past trips, links to trip reports) will appear at the bottom of all of your posts.

Please note that you only get a certain amount of space for your signature, so it part of it is cutting off, you may need to condense some of the stuff above it.

Amanda

Great news, Amanda! I used to be a runner, and that ToT run made me think about getting back into it again! So glad the BC stay worked out.

Welcome! Just wanted to mention that the walk over to the Boardwalk is very short, as Teena mentioned. Our youngest has never had a problem with it - just 5-10 minutes, depending on your room location.

I am from a family of die hard Poly lovers, too! We tried BC for the first time in January of 1992 and it's been at the top of my favorites list ever since. I still love Poly - we stayed there last year (an MK-heavy trip for our youngest's birthday) and will again next year (part of a multi-split stay, which includes BC.) But for us, SAB, the walk to Epcot and DHS (or boat), the dining options (especially with park hoppers) and the entire Crescent Lake area just can't be beat! Hope you love it as much as we do!

The default location for the Noodles should be BC Bell Services.

If you have made specific arrangements with the person who has them before you or will be getting them after you to leave them at YC, that is fine. But if you haven't arranged for a swap with the person before you or talked to them, look at BC. If they are not there, check YC.

I am surprised and pleased about how well the noodle swap has gone so far! Kudos to everyone who has been involved!

Thanks. I figured BC was probably the default but wanted to double check. If I can't find them at BC, I will send DH to YC to hunt them down. Only 9 more days to go!!!

Does anyone have a picture of the current Bounceback offer in the room? If so, please send to me or post.

Or if you are going soon, can you take a picture for me? Pretty please???

TIA!

Does anyone have a picture of the current Bounceback offer in the room? If so, please send to me or post.

Or if you are going soon, can you take a picture for me? Pretty please???

TIA!

I took a pic of the desk. I will look to see if I caught it. I think I was more focused on the Mickey lamp though.;)

I took a pic of the desk. I will look to see if I caught it. I think I was more focused on the Mickey lamp though.;)

No sorry. I have a pic with it in it but you cannot zoom into it and read it. Sorry!! I meant to take one of it for you all.:guilty:

I feel so loved here! :love:
Since the ToT race is the 1st weekend of F&W, it's especially awesome to be at BC. I think with the race discount my view is limited but it's not a big deal. And I'm still hoping for an even better AP discount before the trip.

Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter