2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question we thought of yesterday:

2 ressie stay, due to pin code covering 6 nights of a 7 night stay. So, we have a 1 night stay, then 6 night. Both BC. Both same type of room. Do you think we'll be issued 2 sets of cards (1 for each of the 2 ressie numbers)?

Yes - we had this with our summer trip. We stayed 16 nights and you can only book 14 nights on one reservation. We were just issued new KTTW cards, didn't have to change rooms or anything like that.

We had a wonderful 7 night stay at the Beach club 8/15 to 8/22. I had a great time visiting with Teena.
DSCN1929.jpg

We were celebrating my sons 12 birthday. Here is the wonderful cake that was ordered through private dining at the yacht club bakery.

DSCN1903.jpg

DSCN1904.jpg

My son was so shocked.:scared1:

What a terrific cake. And what a handsome young man!

Thanks for all of your kind words. The biggest most amazing thing that could ever happen did.:dance3: We were chosen at the MK to be the Give a day family to ride in the 3pm parade:scared1: We were chosen Friday morning on main street. I was so excited:yay::yay::yay:

Here is our parade car and us.

imgdis002.jpg

imgdis001.jpg

img001.jpg

This was so fun and exciting. Best day ever. Our best pictures are on photopass which I don't have yet. They assign a photographer to take your photos during the parade.

Janloz-- re upgrading your parkhopper tix to AP ... if you bought them as part of package before price increase in aug you should use the tix first because I think that makes current gate price so you'll get a bit more credited toward the AP price. Thought I read that somewhere anyway.

So cool Echo Queen to get picked for the parade!!!

What a great way to spend a 12th birthday!!! Memories forever!! The cake looks so cool and your son looks really really happy!!

~Nannette

Teena, I wanted to thank you for the great advice about our connecting room and different arrival time challenge for our linked, but separate reservations. Your advice was spot on, I got up early, took a cab over at 8am, checked in and our room was ready! Not only was it ready, connecting (they put a hold on the connecting one till my in-laws arrived, which was standby and due to a medical emergency the night before, they didn't get in till 1am) it was also the exact view I'd requested! (courtyard or quiet pool, we had the quiet pool). I was able to get there, check in, check out the room, grab an Americano (very tasty!) from the Crew's Cup and be back at the WL just in time to catch the Ranger Tour which had been my goal. All in one hour! I'd planned for 1.5 hours but couldn't move earlier!

It was lovely. Our luggage and groceries beat us back there! Poor Bell Services made 3 trips as he kept forgetting parts (1 trip with the luggage, 1 with most of the groceries and 1 with the bag that had been in the refigerator) but still, we were able get the kids in SAB by 2:30 while I unpacked and still had enough time for some pool time for me before our 7:25 dinner ressies at Tutto.

We did realize, at midnight when my in-laws luggage was brought up (it had arrived early due to their standby status) that their room had not been cleaned but housekeeping arrived right away and it was ready by the time they actually checked in.

Thank you SO much! I am confident it would not been nearly as smooth without your advice.

I also wanted to compliment the concierge services and private dining team at the BC. We had booked an Illumninations cruise for the 17th. Our plan had been to do a 5:10 dinner at Kouzzina and between arriving back later than planned and the lightening delays at the pool, we decided to blow it off so everyone could get pool time. I had called prior to our trip about private dining deliveries and was told 3 hours prior. At 2.5 hours prior I went to the BC desk as I was hitting the marketplace for in in laws during the lighting delay while everyone rocked on the YC porch and wanted to see what the CS options would be if we went that route.

I stopped by to see if they could connect me to private dining and they were able to confirm they could still deliver pizza despite it being after the cut off. When I realized I didn't have cards with me to pay for it and would need to go back to the room, PD said, no problem and then allowed us to add another pizza and a bottle of wine just 2 hours before the cruise. I can't recall the CM's name but she was rather pregnant, originally from Ohio I believe and just lovely to chat with!

It COMPLETELY saved our night and having pizza on the cruise was just magical! And it was pretty tasty too!

Last but not least, it seemed they were checking room keys at SAB much more on our arrival day, the 14th, then on any other. The other days were really casual and they were only looking at the adult keys.

It sounds like you had a great vacation! Did you check in online or when you got there? THat is great they had your room ready that early!

Thanks for all of your kind words. The biggest most amazing thing that could ever happen did.:dance3: We were chosen at the MK to be the Give a day family to ride in the 3pm parade:scared1: We were chosen Friday morning on main street. I was so excited:yay::yay::yay:

Here is our parade car and us.

imgdis002.jpg

imgdis001.jpg

img001.jpg

This was so fun and exciting. Best day ever. Our best pictures are on photopass which I don't have yet. They assign a photographer to take your photos during the parade.

GGEEEEZZZZZ!!! Your trip just gets better with every post!!! You have a beautiful family...I know ya'll were thrilled and freaked out!!! ha!!!! How awesome!!!

List of Sept BC/YC Disboards:

mom_rules BC Sept 2nd-Sept 7th
mechteach YC Sept 3rd-Sept 6th
ibela BC Sept 3rd-Sept 7th
LizEN BC Sept 4th-Sept 11th
DoleWhipMom BC Sept 4th-Sept 11th
littlelulu33 BC Sept 4th-Sept 12th
wvdislover BC Sept 4th-18th
WAWDWLUVER BCV Sept 6 & 7th the BWV until Sept 20th
gone2disney BC CL Sept 8th-14th
derricksonb BCV Sept 7th-Sept 12th
I Run Long BCV Sept 8th-Sept 22nd
DisneyKara BCV Sept 10th-Sept 17th
Janloz BC CL Sept 11th-19th
focusondisney YC Sept 15th-Sept 18th
runskyhy BC Sept 18th-?
jlhay YC Sept 19th-Sept 23rd
DT83097 YC Sept 21st-Sept 26th
cindydare BC Sept 25th-Oct 1st
momof3cuteboys BC 9/25-10/3
aussietravellers BC Sept 29th-Oct3rd & YC Oct 3rd-13th

Anyone else???

We will be at the BCV Sept. 4th-6th. We have 4 studios booked for a party of 15. :cool1:

We had a wonderful 7 night stay at the Beach club 8/15 to 8/22. I had a great time visiting with Teena.
DSCN1929.jpg

We were celebrating my sons 12 birthday. Here is the wonderful cake that was ordered through private dining at the yacht club bakery.

DSCN1903.jpg

DSCN1904.jpg

My son was so shocked.:scared1:

That cake is awesome. Did you order it prior to getting to the BC or did you arrange for it while you are there. I would like to order a cake for my hubby when we are on vacation but am not sure how or when to order it. We are going to dinner at Le Cellier so I wasn't sure if I could order it there. After seeing your cake maybe I will just order one from PD at the yacht club and have it in the room.
Jill

Janloz-- re upgrading your parkhopper tix to AP ... if you bought them as part of package before price increase in aug you should use the tix first because I think that makes current gate price so you'll get a bit more credited toward the AP price. Thought I read that somewhere anyway.

So cool Echo Queen to get picked for the parade!!!

This is correct, we upgraded our package tickets from our early August trip, it was actually the day after the price increase and they adjusted the price of the tickets we had before they upgraded...one word of caution, if you have the dining plan make sure to tell them...somehow when we upgraded (at MK) they dropped the dining plan off our kttw cards and we had to spend a good hour back at the hotel trying to fix it and the snack credits we had never all got put back on...we had to call and get more reloaded on to the card it was a big pain and we definatley lost some.

Echo queen,...great cake! Looked like a fabulous day!:goodvibes

Echo Queen what a memorable trip. A parade family. Cute car to ride in too.

The cake looked delicious.

What a gorgeous cake! That's wonderful about being in the parade. I remember that feeling as my family was one of the Grand Marshall families in the 3:00 MK parade 5 years ago. It was so exciting!!

Thanks for posting your pictures!! :thumbsup2

Echo queen~What a great trip indeed! Awesome cake-too nice to eat!!! LOL!

I can't believe our mother/daughter trip is TOMORROW!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: So much for learning a lesson and starting to pack early.... I still haven't packed a thing! Yikes!!!! :rolleyes1:rotfl:

Echo queen~What a great trip indeed! Awesome cake-too nice to eat!!! LOL!

I can't believe our mother/daughter trip is TOMORROW!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: So much for learning a lesson and starting to pack early.... I still haven't packed a thing! Yikes!!!! :rolleyes1:rotfl:

I'M SO UPSET I'M NOT GOING TO BE!!!!! Did the girls get the envelope I mailed them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter