2008 DDP still in flux?

DisneyKidds

<font color=green>The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mo
We had a wonderful meal at Narcoossee's on Monday night. No, there were no restrictions. Yes, we could get lobster. But that isn't why I post.......

As we were wrapping up our wonderful meal I asked our waiter (he's been there a while and had waited on us before) how he was going to make out with the DDP changes in 2008. He asked what changes I knew about and how I knew of them. I told him the word on the internet (including DDP brochures) was that tips would no longer be included, the price was going down by a buck, and that appetizers would no longer be included in TS meals.

He confirmed the tip thing and wasn't sure how it would impact the servers. He also confirmed the price thing. He did say, that as far as he knows, the decision on what is included has not been finalized. He said that they are still looking at giving a choice between an appetizer or a dessert for TS credits.

Just another rumor to add to the mill..........

Well, it would make my family happy if we could choose between appetizer and dessert. :love:
My family typically orders one appetizer and maybe two (sometimes zero) desserts for the 4 of us to share (never 4). It is helpful to have the appetizer option when my picky son isn't sure about the available entrees. It would be nice to be able to choose an appetizer in 2008, but if it is not part of the plan we'll just pay oop if we really want one.

There may be posters who respond that we don't really know where the server got his information, but we can dream! :wizard:

Staying onsite and doing DDP becomes a possibility for us once again if they give us the option of an app or dessert. I wonder how accurate the CM's info is, however, since Disney's already published plan details.

The list of participating restaurants is "in flux". The non-Disney owned restaurants aren't listed. Most of us expect the restaurants will be added, same thing happened last year.

We still don't know if the extra included snacks will be as extensive as this year.

Disney has released details of the plan, including a brochure. I think the decision to exclude the appetizer has already been made. Posters have said appetizers were excluded to increase table turnover and to reduce "stretching" credits. Guests were ordering large appetizer and then using fewer credits then the number of guests dining.

I wonder if some restaurants might allow guests to chose an appetizer or dessert even if the plan doesn't require it? The "problem" is if some of the table order appetizers and the rest order dessert the goal of faster table turnover wouldn't be met.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter