****2008 Ddp FAQ****

Okay, I'm leaving tomorrow and am now a bit confused because I've been getting multiple conflicting answers.

On the regular DDP, does the TS credit include an appetizer but no dessert or dessert but no appetizer. I've heard both and I know that both aren't included. Thanks.

Okay, I'm leaving tomorrow and am now a bit confused because I've been getting multiple conflicting answers.

On the regular DDP, does the TS credit include an appetizer but no dessert or dessert but no appetizer. I've heard both and I know that both aren't included. Thanks.

It comes with just the dessert for the adult meal, but I found this on Disney's website and it sounds like children's meals get both appetizers and desserts, maybe that's the cause for confusion? Hope this helps, have fun:cool1: :

With the Disney Dining Plan you can choose snacks and meals at select restaurants throughout Walt Disney World® Resort including some that feature Disney Character Dining! Best of all, you can relax knowing many of your meals are paid for in advance.

For each night of your package, each Guest in your party enjoys:

* 1 Table-service Meal
1 adult table-service meal includes 1 entrée and 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only), 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

1 child table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet. Children ages 3-9 must order from a Children's Menu where available.
* 1 Quick-service Meal
1 quick-service meal includes 1 entrée or 1 complete Combo Meal, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) or 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage. Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children's Menu (if one is available) at quick-service restaurants.
* 1 Snack
1 snack includes one of the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.

Hi! Well, this Nov will be my first time using the ddp, we got free dining! Yay! Okay, I have a couple questions. If we end up near the end of our trip with a TS credit, can we use it at a QS restaurant, or do we have to scramble for a TS no matter what or waste it and pay oop if we can't get in anywhere or, say, on our last day, we only have so much time for eating and getting there, etc and just want a QS? I was hoping if it came down to it, we could use a TS at a QS if that's all we have left somehow. Also, do we tip on the amt of the plan or on what we order? What kind of bill do they bring for you when using the ddp? One more thing, if lets say you get the steak for dinner as your entree, does this include whatever comes with that, such as potato or veggies, or w.e., just the meat? Sometimes the menus just list the meat. You know how when you go to some places and the menu says every entree comes with salad, soup, baked potato, w.e Does that question make any sense? I'm excited to be on the free dining thing, but now we have to find more adr's to add and I'm afraid we may have a hard time doing that! So, can anyone help out with some answers? :)

If we end up near the end of our trip with a TS credit, can we use it at a QS.
-Yes you can use it for QS. Some have reported the ability to do this with no problem or accommodations, others have had to have the TS credit converted to a QS credit at the Concierge at their hotel. I would try to do the conversion at the hotel first for convenience, but not doing so does not mean that all is lost.

Also, do we tip on the amt of the plan or on what we order?
- On the amount of the total bill that you ordered, not the dining plan cost. There is a tipping thread stickied at the top of the Restaurant Forum where you can address any further tipping questions/discussion. :goodvibes

What kind of bill do they bring for you when using the ddp?
- You get lots of bills :rotfl:. Seriously you do. You'll get a bill showing how much the meal cost. Give the server your card and have them swipe the credits. Then you get a $0 bill showing your remaining credits. Any extras (appetizers, drinks) come back on a separate bill.

One more thing, if lets say you get the steak for dinner as your entree, does this include whatever comes with that, such as potato or veggies, or w.e., just the meat? Sometimes the menus just list the meat.
- The entree comes as listed. All entrees usually have a pasta/potato of some sort and generally have veggies. However it's not a normal menu where it'll say at top "All entrees come with a choice of rice, pasta, baked potato, twice baked potato..." etc.

suggestion was made that I ask this here- sooooo
here goes

popcorn::

going to get the DDP for trip in Oct
I have several Disney GC and money on my Disney Visa rewards card

Can I use either or both for the tips vs paying cash oop OR

Can I charge the tips to the room and then use the rewards and/or gift cards to pay that off?

:confused:

I'd like to know this too.

If we end up near the end of our trip with a TS credit, can we use it at a QS.
-Yes you can use it for QS. Some have reported the ability to do this with no problem or accommodations, others have had to have the TS credit converted to a QS credit at the Concierge at their hotel. I would try to do the conversion at the hotel first for convenience, but not doing so does not mean that all is lost.

Also, do we tip on the amt of the plan or on what we order?
- On the amount of the total bill that you ordered, not the dining plan cost. There is a tipping thread stickied at the top of the Restaurant Forum where you can address any further tipping questions/discussion. :goodvibes

What kind of bill do they bring for you when using the ddp?
- You get lots of bills :rotfl:. Seriously you do. You'll get a bill showing how much the meal cost. Give the server your card and have them swipe the credits. Then you get a $0 bill showing your remaining credits. Any extras (appetizers, drinks) come back on a separate bill.

One more thing, if lets say you get the steak for dinner as your entree, does this include whatever comes with that, such as potato or veggies, or w.e., just the meat? Sometimes the menus just list the meat.
- The entree comes as listed. All entrees usually have a pasta/potato of some sort and generally have veggies. However it's not a normal menu where it'll say at top "All entrees come with a choice of rice, pasta, baked potato, twice baked potato..." etc.

Thanks very much, Tricia1972, I appreciate! One thing I did find out, I asked about TS when I called about some more ADR's. The CM said no, they won't let you convert the TS to a QS or use the TS at the QS. I don't think it will be a problem for us at this point anymore. But, I told her I knew a number of people said you could do it. She said they do sometimes make exceptions during FD. If it's very crowded and the TS servive restaurants are difficult to get into, they will convert it and give you a voucher to use for the difference in cost between a TS and QS, but that she didn't know yet if that will be the case with the upcoming FD days Oct, Nov or Dec, that they haven't been told this is what they will be doing, so at this point she said no swapping out, but that may change. :confused3 Oh well, it will be interesting to see how that goes this next time for FD!

Thanks again! :goodvibes

I just added the Basic Dining onto our December trip. I made all of our ADR's before I added the dining and I remember them asking me if we were on the plan and I said no. Now I have 2 TS places scheduled on some days, and we were either going to cancel them when we got there, or pay out of pocket for some meals if we wanted them, however I do not know which ones we will keep and pay out of pocket for and which we will use with our TS credits. I am afraid to call back and tell them we are on the plan because we obviously can't use 2 TS credits a day when we get there so they might tell me I can't have 2 ressies each day. I am not sure what to do since I also can't call specifically and tell them which we will be using the credits for and which we will pay oop for. I don't want to cancel any of them. So my question is this: Is it a big deal if we show up at the podium and tell them we are on the DDP at that time even if I did not tell them when I made the ADR? Thanks all!:goodvibes :goodvibes

First of all, it doesn't matter if you told them you are on the ddp when you made your adr's or not. I asked them if it made any difference whether I was on the ddp or not, if it changed anything and they said no, it didn't matter. :)

Secondly, you can use your dining credits any way you want to. I mean, what if you want to have a character breakfast and a dinner at Le Cellier? Perfectly fine and if doesn't matter whether you made the adr's when you had the ddp booked yet or not. I did that too, added the ddp when Free dining came up for this fall! You don't have to use one snack, one cs and one ts each day. If you have a 10 night trip, you will have 10 snack, 10 CS and 10 TS credits(regular ddp, not deluxe), to use during your stay in any way you choose to use them! You can use one snack and 2 ts in one day, and then 2 cs in another day and 2 snacks, or 1 ts and nothing else, and even save all snack credits till the last day and use them to buy snack treats to take home. Just have to figure it correctly, if you use 2 TS in one day, you'll need to use 2 CS in day or pay oop for TS when you run out of TS credits. Hopefully this all makes sense! Good luck and have fun planning and eating!! :goodvibes

We just returned last week. Stayed at Pop. We asked about the 'ice cream later' deal for CS meals and were told they'd happily stamp our receipt and that we could come back later to get dessert. The stamp itself says ice cream specifically and that you must get it within 90 minutes. But the cm at the register said it was fine to get all our desserts together later on and it didn't matter what time. This made things nice for us. When we wanted to get lunch, swim and nap and THEN have a snack before heading back out we were able to do so and not use up snack credits, we'd just have our dessert.

There were a few questions I noticed about TS appetizers for kids. We noticed at Flying Fish that only a salad was listed as an appetizer. But the waitress said that they offer a fruit plate also as an app for the kids. We ordered that for ds and it was an awesome fruit plate! Complete with orange supremes and champagne grapes (the tiny ones you 'pop' in your mouth). So be sure to ask about any alternatives. And the steak meal we ordered ds was enough to feed an adult. It came with a decent steak, potatoes and veggies. Alot of them.

Also, we found at Pop that at dinner they were excellent about showing the options and choices for kids meal sides but at breakfast they weren't. Besides applesauce, they had small sealed bags of grapes for a side. These were perfect for packing in our bag for the park (or placing in our ice bucket, as we didn't have a fridge, and for snacking on later). Again, be sure to ask if you're looking for something different. We found they were very flexible with the kids meals and very accomodating everywhere we were.

I am planning on buying the basic plan next for our trip 9/26-10/3/09 for myself, DH, DD(12), DS(8), and DD(5). My DD(12) is a very picky eater and mostly orders of the kids menus at restaurants (hot dogs and chicken nuggets) still. Can I use her "adult" TS and CS credits for kids meals at the restaurants in WDW, or will they make her order off the adult menu?(God help me if they do, she'll go hungry all week). Thanks for the help!!

I am planning on buying the basic plan next for our trip 9/26-10/3/09 for myself, DH, DD(12), DS(8), and DD(5). My DD(12) is a very picky eater and mostly orders of the kids menus at restaurants (hot dogs and chicken nuggets) still. Can I use her "adult" TS and CS credits for kids meals at the restaurants in WDW, or will they make her order off the adult menu?(God help me if they do, she'll go hungry all week). Thanks for the help!!

Generally speaking you won't be able to use her "adult" TS credits for a child's TS meal, but, you can usually pay OOP for a child's meal and use the extra TS credits for you and your DH to go out a couple of times to a signature restaurant. I have heard that occasionally people have been successful in getting the kids meal for the credit, but, since you don't get the appetizer as an "adult", it's rarely enough food. A couple of times during our last trip I heard people asking about adult sized portions of kids items and/or asking questions along the lines of, "my child likes to eat things like XXX or YYY, is there something you could make that isn't listed on the menu?" They seemed to get pretty good results.

hmmm... I guess I somehow missed this until now... Is the actual Yak and Yeti Restaurant not included in the 2008 Dining Plan? It is not clear in the brochure, because it lists the "Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe" as a counter service option. It seems the Restaurant I have read reviews on would by far be a Table Service. If this isnt included, I have apparently been clueless :headache: and it makes me very sad! :guilty:

I also need to know if the Yak and Yeti is included in the dining plan.

Yes, the July 31 2008 brochure for the 2008 dining plan does NOT list Y&Y or any locations at CSR. Note: I am not discussing the brochure about the 2009 dining plan, but, one I downloaded off the disney website in early Aug that claims to cover the 2008 dining plan.

It is very confusing. Since the May version of the brochure includes Y&Y and CSR, I am assuming that it just a really serious editing error. However, I was hoping that someone who had successfully eaten in one of those locations in the last couple of weeks could confirm it.

I would suggest calling WDW just days before yr trip & asking if Yak & Yeti--or other non-Disney venues-- are indeed on the DDP.
For our trip this past May we'd made ADRs at Y&Y months before only to find out when we arrived there for lunch that they were off the DDP!
There were some DISers at a neighboring table in the same boat.
We always ask at the begining of a meal but it was noon & we hadn't eaten breakfast so really felt we hadn't much choice but to stay.

Jean

This may be answered somewhere in this thread.....is Tuttos (Italy) on the 2008 Dining Plan?

thanks.

This may be answered somewhere in this thread.....is Tuttos (Italy) on the 2008 Dining Plan?

thanks.

Yes, Tutto's is definitely on the DDP in 2008!
We were on the DDP for the first time on our trip last week(free dining!) and we ate there this last friday(Nov 21st) and it was awesome! Have a great time there! :goodvibes

I am a bit confused about the logistics of the DDP

We are 3 adults, staying at Port Orleans and opting for the DDP. The reservations and payment for the group was done under one name. (With the names of individuals included on the reservation, of course)

So far, from what I can tell, we will each get a KTTW which will have the information for our DDP coded on it.
I plan to keep tabs on my DDP, so it there are any errors, they can be adjusted as soon as possible.

Here is where I am confused. Say we all head out in different directions and use our DDP credits according to our interest at the time. When I get my print out after using my credits, will it show for the whole group (3 of us) or just my DDP?

It will show the grand total for all. So technically you could use ALL the credits without your friends even knowing until they go to "pay"

It will show the grand total for all. So technically you could use ALL the credits without your friends even knowing until they go to "pay"

I'm a bit confused about how to keep track of what credits are left for a large group (we'll have 6--grandparents, two children, me & dh). I know table service credits show the breakdown for adult meals and child meals, but are counter service credits bunched together or are they also separated into adult and child credits? The grandparents will take the kids to lunch twice and sometimes grandma and grandpa share a meal and then eat the kids' leftovers. Will I be able to tell how many credits (adult and child) they use each day? I want to make sure all of the credits get used before we leave and I'm afraid I'll have a hard time keeping track of child vs. adult counter service credits.

This might be a "duh!" kind of question, but I just wanted to clarify.

We are traveling to WDW in February 2009. We will be dining together as a group of seven, but there are three separate vacation reservations (4, 2, and 1) and each reservation has the dining plan.

Will it be a problem when it comes time to pay at the end of each meal as the group is on different reservations? We know about the automatic gratuity for a group of that size and that is not an issue. We just don't want to run into problems keeping each reservation separate when it is time to pay.

I've been told conflicting things by ADR CMs. One said it would not be a problem, another said we'd need to make individual ADRs for each reservation and then ask to be seated together, and yet another said we couldn't do it period and I couldn't make ADRs for more people than were in my vacation reservation. (I ended the conversation with that CM and called back and made ADRs for seven with no problem.)

This is not my first time on the dining plan, but it is my first time traveling with people not on my reservation.

I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue, but please reassure me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!