****2008 Ddp FAQ****

do you have to mention to the cashier before you order that you are using the dining plan? this will be my 1st time and don't want to choose things not on plan...are the cashiers helpful with making choices? i assume at TS places i can just get my waiter's help with this.

I always mentioned to the cashier at CS locations and snack locations that we were using the DDP for that very reason - they can tell me if I am doing something 'wrong' right away.

TS - they know that you're on the plan and the server always asked us if we were using a plan or not (even when paying OOP last trip, they still asked us) so you should be good there too. :thumbsup2

:confused3 The original thread said apps arent included.. but the updated 2008 ddp booklet says they are...

Which updated bookelt are you looking at?

Every one that I've seen says that appetizers are included for children (3-9) only.

Has anyone had any recent experience sharing meals on the Basic DDP? We are staying at the Grand Floridian so many of our dinner reservations are 2 TS credits. My mom and I frequently share meals when we dine out. How likely is it that we would be able to share a meal on the Basic DDP at 2 TS credit restaurants? Thanks for your help!!!

OK, I should know this but I have never used CS for breakfast before. I want to have breakfast at the MS Bakery in MK. If I want to get the Crossiant Egg Sandwhich I can get that along with Juice and bottled water correct (or any other drink combo)? If I want the french toast loaf as well I need to pay oop for that correct? I want to try both things for breakfast just trying to figure out best way to do it.

Thank you,

According to posts, there is no consistency at the Main Street Bakery concerning breakfast.

Some posters were able to get two food items and one beverage, others were told they could get one food item and two beverages.

Can anyone tell me what the $ amount is for a snack credit on the dining plan? Just wondering, it would be easier to remember a dolar amount than all the items listed on the boaards.

Thanks...can't wait, only 25 more days:banana:

The dollar-amount is not a good gauge, because many things below that dollar-amount are not valid snacks. That is the main reason that the snack list folks maintain here on the DIS is so useful.

You can, however, rest assured that nothing that costs more than $4 will be considered a snack.

The dollar-amount is not a good gauge, because many things below that dollar-amount are not valid snacks. That is the main reason that the snack list folks maintain here on the DIS is so useful.

You can, however, rest assured that nothing that costs more than $4 will be considered a snack.

F&W Fest last year was an exception to the more than $4 rule. However that exception would ONLY be for Food and Wine at Epcot and we have no idea from year to year what is included as a snack credit at Food and Wine until it starts.

Why can't I add DDP to my res. if I have an AP? It's so frustrating, I would totally pay for it and they would make alot more money out of it. I understand if you are not staying on-site but come on..

Why can't I add DDP to my res. if I have an AP? It's so frustrating, I would totally pay for it and they would make alot more money out of it. I understand if you are not staying on-site but come on..

They added the option of purchasing the DDP with your AP a few months ago.

You can purchase a package (no room discount) without tickets and add the DDP or the DxDDP.

They added the option of purchasing the DDP with your AP a few months ago.

You can purchase a package (no room discount) without tickets and add the DDP or the DxDDP.

I believe it's only an option if you are actually using AP holder rates. So, you should be able to add DDP without a ticket purchase, but just need to be patient until the AP rates are released for your travel dates.

I believe it's only an option if you are actually using AP holder rates. So, you should be able to add DDP without a ticket purchase, but just need to be patient until the AP rates are released for your travel dates.

You can buy the package without the discounted room being available - but the AP package itself has to be available for the resort you want.

So we arrive in Orlando on a Sunday night around 10:30 pm. I figure we won't be at our hotel til maybe 11:30 pm. Our flight leaves the following Sunday at 7:00 am. So though we are there for 7 nights, we will only be there for 6 days of meals. Would we have to pay for 7 days of the plan, or do you think they'd let us pay for 6 days instead - since we wouldn't be able to use the 7th day. I've been calculating the costs and it looks like we'd be ahead of the game with the meal plan since my kids are 6 & 9. We figured average TS meals would be in the $75-$90 range for the 4 of us, while the DDP will be $95.96. Add in 4 CS meals (averaging out around $10 each) + snacks (averaging out $8-$16/day) it seems like it would work out well for us - that is if I'm calculating correctly!

Number 1, the credits are based on the number of nights. Number 2, who says you wont be able to use the credits? Do a TS breakfast and dinner in one day, go to cinderellas or do a dinner show that takes 2 credits, lots of options.

Hi I was wondering about something. My family and I are going to Disney for free dining. Is the gratuity paid on the taxes as well? This may seem like a silly question. But I was just wondering. And also what is the tax rate at the restaurants?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter