2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
cgcw said:
It's not hard, Karen, once you do it. I'll give it a shot at explaining.

You need to upload your picture to a host sight -- I use dotphoto.

Once it's out there, right click on it and copy the properties.

Come back to the dis, reply to the thread and put your properties address inside brackets like this (
) -- leave off the parenthesis at the beginning and the end.

I'm sure someone else can help you better than I can.
I think that you did a GREAT job explaining, Cindy! I was going to try it, but I couldn't figure out how to explain it without being VERY wordy.

Anyway Karen, there are lots of host sites like the one Cindy uses www.dotphoto.com, I use www.photobucket.com, and I'm sure there are more. It's pretty easy after that.

I use photobucket too. If you can get your pics uploaded to there, I can walk you through posting from there. I don't know how to do dotphoto. :confused3

Amy + Stacy --I went to Joann's today and in the bag I found the class catalog for May/June/July. Well, if you attend any Scrapbook Social, you get to demo the Cricut. I SO want this thing.

Stacy---doing anything May 19th, June 16th or July 21st?? Oh, and I got a Moonlight Madness Invite for AC Moore today any plans for Sunday evening? :rolleyes1 I'd go to the one in Saratoga though.

Quick note - buried at work - PLEASE use photobucket ... lol... cause I can see Cindy's posts randomly, sometimes yes, sometimes no :(

Diana Lyn said:
Amy + Stacy --I went to Joann's today and in the bag I found the class catalog for May/June/July. Well, if you attend any Scrapbook Social, you get to demo the Cricut. I SO want this thing.
I heard that some Michael's are selling these with a coupon. Oh, I'm SO gonna get one if Michael's sells it with a coupon.

Stacy your scrapbook pages are great. Really cute! I love the swirly Mickey head on the Piglet page. Since Diana taught me about the word "scraplift" this past week, I just might try it out :rotfl2:

chipscinderelly said:
Quick note - buried at work - PLEASE use photobucket ... lol... cause I can see Cindy's posts randomly, sometimes yes, sometimes no :(

That's right, Julie. :blush: I couldn't remember at the time what other service I had used. I guess I'm just more comfortable with dotphoto.

Did you see the one I posted today? You would think by now I would remember that little glitch.

cgcw said:
I already saw a honeymoon picture of Gail & John. Come on, Gail, post it for everyone. :teeth:

Hey now, this is a Disney board! :rotfl2: I had a hard enough time trying to explain that picture to you and you want me to post it and try to explain it to everyone here??? :cool1:

I have to go looking for our pictures. Our album is in a box stored away in the basement that is still under construction. I think my scrapbook I did of our wedding is available, so I'll post a picture from that when I find it.

I love seeing all the pictures! Here is ours. We had a fairly average Midwest Catholic wedding. Full Nuptial Mass followed by a family style reception for 150 people. We got married in the Church I grew up in and the priest who married us is a family friend that my Mom and I met on our very first cruise back in 1978 or so.

wedding.jpg

alikat99 said:
OMG, here we go again!! :rotfl2: I didn't have my shoes on for my wedding, except for the actual ceremony. They were KILLING my feet, so when we went down for pictures on the beach, I took them off, happily!!! Thankfully, I had a nice, long dress to hide my feet. Then, I hid them under the table that Chris and I were sitting at for the reception.

Oh, and Stacy, my mom made my dress too. I had her duplicate another dress that I had seen. The only problem was that the entire bodice of the dress had hand-sewn pearls, and my mom refused to do that part. So, guess who sewed on 3000 tiny pearls?!?!?! Yep, ME!!! She handed me all the pattern pieces that needed to be beaded and then she put it all together when I was done.

I can't sew for beans so the was no way I'd be sewing tiny pearls on my dress. My dress was a nice thick brocade material. It's kind of hard to see in the pics but it was like an open rose motif.

Stacey - I love your scrapbook pages!

Amy - I'm not a precious moments person but that does fit that picture and it is a great one.

It was Cindy's wedding pictures and Amy's talking of her wedding that got me to ask the question. I had seen Cindy's at her house and loved it.

I love weddings so seeing all these shots is great.

Diana Lyn said:
I use photobucket too. If you can get your pics uploaded to there, I can walk you through posting from there. I don't know how to do dotphoto. :confused3

Stacy---doing anything May 19th, June 16th or July 21st?? Oh, and I got a Moonlight Madness Invite for AC Moore today any plans for Sunday evening? :rolleyes1 I'd go to the one in Saratoga though.

May 19th is no good. Boy Scout Camporee up at Moreau Lake.
I can't think of anything going on the other 2 days so we can just pick one! :goodvibes
Sunday Evening I think I can be free! :thumbsup2

alikat99 said:
Good morning guys! I just got a code in the mail from Cafe Press for free shipping on orders over $50. I don't know about anyone else, but with t-shirts for my family of 4, plus an ornament and who knows what else, I can easily spend $50. Anyway, the code is MOMSHIP and is good through Friday (05/05). Off to shop!!!

Amy - Thanks for the code for Cafe Press. I know there are several items I am interested in purchasing.

I love all the wedding pictures. Tom and I were married at my parents' home. It was a small intimate wedding and will need to find the old photo albums to post a picture. For our 25th anniversary, we plan on renewing our vows at WDW. I have several years to plan since it won't be for another four years.

Is everyone who is going to MNSSHP on 10/26 making dinner reservations at LTT? Tom asked me what we were planning to do for dinner that afternoon/night and I wasn't sure so I thought I'd check in.

Annmarie

This was a second wedding for John and I, so we just invited family - about 75 people. We had an 11:00 AM wedding at a Chapel and then lunch at a Reception Hall. We also included my 3 kids from my previous marriage. We did the candle lighting ceremony with the kids (all of us with a candle lighting one candle). Wow, that was 13 years ago (the 22nd of this month). As you can see by the picture in my sig, the kids are a bit older & taller now, and of course we added Deanna to the gang!

WeddingJohnGail.jpg

WeddingwithKids.jpg

Karen and I were married by the Rev. Lisa Marie Presley of the UUs (Unitarian Universalist) this was the most compatible fit for Karen’s and my faith. They believe in everything from Christianity to Paganism.

I’m very proud of the wedding Karen put together, even though it was very bittersweet. Karen and I had planned for a September wedding, but then my mother in law was diagnosed with terminal cancer and Karen was able to change everything to a February wedding in just under a week. She is an awesome woman. This was the last time my mother-in-law left her house.

The reception was held at the Mayflower Meeting House, for the local Dis’ers that was part of the original Mayflower Hotel in Plymouth, Michigan. We had about 175 guests in the ballroom that was a copy Viennese ballroom. Wood floor, fireplace just incredible. Another one of the memorable things we did was telling the DJ no music after Nat “King” Cole. So we had a “big band”, swing motif for the music – went over very well.

Ok I’ve said enough – enjoy the pics.

img227.jpg
img228.jpg

img230.jpg
img229.jpg

Wow, Thank you all for the great wedding pics, most of you have either been happily married for a long time, or are happy on your second marriage. I was married for 7 years and been divorced for 3 and half, and really have no desire at this point in my life to go back down that route. I am so glad to see so many people have found happiness the second time around. I hope that some day I can find that happiness that you have, and feel comfortable about a second marriage. Good Luck to all of you who are so happily married, and good luck to all of you who are single or in between marriages. Everyone deserves happiness! :cool1:

tinkerbelle77 said:
Wow, Thank you all for the great wedding pics, most of you have either been happily married for a long time, or are happy on your second marriage. I was married for 7 years and been divorced for 3 and half, and really have no desire at this point in my life to go back down that route. I am so glad to see so many people have found happiness the second time around. I hope that some day I can find that happiness that you have, and feel comfortable about a second marriage. Good Luck to all of you who are so happily married, and good luck to all of you who are single or in between marriages. Everyone deserves happiness! :cool1:

Tina, when I got divorced, I swore I would never marry again. Gary felt the same way. We met at the final stages of both of our divorces and were adament that we were not going to get married. We dated for several years and finally took that big giant step. That was 17 years ago come June.

I dug out our proofs -- I think our actual album is in the attic. Here's one with the reason for our wedding in the first place -- Gary's daughter who was 5 at the time.

iF67622EB-5AAC-4612-8F6A-4ACFDCCE2BB0.jpg

I love seeing everyones pictures. :love: :love: :love:

Next up, baby pictures!!! :teeth:

Diana Lyn said:
And I'm getting really close to 3000!! It's funny because when I joined the SSMC05 thread I only had a couple of hundred posts, I got 1000 there and 2000 was the day I booked SSM06. I can't believe I'm already at almost 3000! I guess I fall into that category as well!

HOLY COW 3000 - wow! That's awesome :banana:

CONGRATS on post 8000 STACY!!!!

curtdennis said:
Where Diana is concerned you never know. First she bites, granted not hard but its still an aggravated assault. Then she admits to and publicly threatens to sics bugs possibly carrying infectious diseases - they deal with those crimes at The Hague. So there are SO MANY offenses being perpetuated here. :rotfl: I'd ask the Supremes for a ruling but they are busy with Anna Nicole Smith....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
All kidding aside, Diana I'm glad that you were able to fix up the little'un, and my hopes are for a clean bill of health from the lab. Karen and I may be child free, but I never like to see kids get sick from everyday things.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, reality over - back to my sarcastic self!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: HILARIOUS esp the Anna Nicole Smith reference!

We are very glad no sickness due to the ticks! Chippy (the :dog2: ) had a huge amount of ticks last year due to our kennel (the OLD ONE) not spraying appropriately and we were using the flea/tick stuff every 3 months per the label. No infection but we now do the flea/tick meds every month.

alikat99 said:
Good morning guys! I just got a code in the mail from Cafe Press for free shipping on orders over $50. I don't know about anyone else, but with t-shirts for my family of 4, plus an ornament and who knows what else, I can easily spend $50. Anyway, the code is MOMSHIP and is good through Friday (05/05). Off to shop!!!

Thanks Amy - we may be at that amount as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter