2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
cgcw said:
Tina, when I got divorced, I swore I would never marry again. Gary felt the same way. We met at the final stages of both of our divorces and were adament that we were not going to get married. We dated for several years and finally took that big giant step. That was 17 years ago come June.

I dug out our proofs -- I think our actual album is in the attic. Here's one with the reason for our wedding in the first place -- Gary's daughter who was 5 at the time.

iF67622EB-5AAC-4612-8F6A-4ACFDCCE2BB0.jpg

I love seeing everyones pictures. :love: :love: :love:

Next up, baby pictures!!! :teeth:

Cindy - what a nice picture!

WDWLVR said:
I love watching great hotels and remember seeing the one on The Don....looked beautiful. Which brings me to a GTKYKFC question:

For those of you who are married what was your wedding like? Would also love to see a wedding photo (I'm sure we'll all get some laughs on how we have changed over the years).

For those who aren't married yet - what would your dream wedding be. Julie please share a little bit - don't want you to spoil all your surprises but I'd love to hear at least a tidbit. :)

Dream wedding (if we had unlimited funds) for me would be to get married at the Yacht Club Gazebo (where we are getting married) and to then rent out the entire MGM Theme Park where we would have dinner, dancing and guided tours of all the rides. A girl can dream right? LOL that's clearly not what we are doing as well we haven't won the lottery yet.... :cheer2:

Stitch#1 said:
Ok for all my scrapping friends out there!
I scanned in the pages I did from class. A couple are missing the characters names becasue they couldn't find the card stock they had with the names printed on it but I will get them when I take my next class.

Here is the link to them.
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/stacyj69/Disney Class/

Enjoy!!

AWESOME - are they 12 x 12, 8 x 8 or ???? I need to take a class from you.

cgcw said:
That's right, Julie. :blush: I couldn't remember at the time what other service I had used. I guess I'm just more comfortable with dotphoto.

Did you see the one I posted today? You would think by now I would remember that little glitch.

Cindy - I can see them at home - strange isn't it?

I love your wedding photo, it's so obvious you are so in love!

Love all the wedding photos - so special! Thank you all for sharing.

Now that I am caught up I will fall behind again tomorrow :)

Busy group today! Now we are onto wedding photos. I will look around and see if I can find a photo to share. DH and I look so young (cause we were). :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I was 17 and he was 19. We have been married over 18 years and dated for a couple years before we got married. We got married the day after Christmas. We used traditional Christmas colors (red is my favoriye color anyway). I have not showed DD (age 9) our wedding video yet. I think I will hunt for it and let her get a good laugh :rotfl2:

We have LTT ADR's for 4:30 on the 26th. I can't remember who asked what folks were doing for dinner the night of the 26th.

DH was home from work yesterday (still sick from the weekend). Now DD is not feeling well. :rolleyes: I hope it doesn't keep floating around.

chipscinderelly said:
Now that I am caught up I will fall behind again tomorrow :)

Well Julie, at least you have a goal. No need to be completely pessimistic.:rotfl:

Good morning everyone! Great seeing all the pictures!

Cindy - funny that you mentioned baby pictures. Are you talking ours or the kids? I was thinking yesterday that when I get back home in June maybe we could do the baby picture game. You know everyone sends in a baby picture and we put them up and people have to guess who is who? What do you guys think? I'll be happy to organize it (after our May cruise)

Those of you who had 2nd marriages and had kids I love how you made them part of the ceremony. Gail that picture of you and John and the kids remind me of the Brady bunch....all you need are 2 more boys and 1 girl in that picture! :lmao:

alikat99 said:
Wow, everyone's pictures are GREAT!!! Come on everyone, start posting those wedding pics, if you have them. I actually dug out our proof album, which probably had a layer or two of dust on it. :rotfl2:

I would but I burned mine right after the divorce was final! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Great Pics Everybody!

j

WDWLVR said:
Cindy - funny that you mentioned baby pictures. Are you talking ours or the kids? I was thinking yesterday that when I get back home in June maybe we could do the baby picture game. You know everyone sends in a baby picture and we put them up and people have to guess who is who? What do you guys think? I'll be happy to organize it (after our May cruise)

Mary, I wasn't thinking anything. I just thought it was a great idea to do the wedding pictures and thought about everyones baby pictures.

A contest would be really cool. Maybe with a hint as to who it is because since some of us have never met - it might be hard to guess. It would be a riot to figure out who is who though. :teeth:

Cindy,

Thanks for the encouragement, I was married young, and I'm enjoying life right now, but someday I'm sure someone will change my mind. And thanks for the baby pic idea, that sounds great! I would love to have a baby pic contest. Mary, if you need help let me know. :Pinkbounc

WDWLVR said:
Good morning everyone! Great seeing all the pictures!

I was thinking the same thing--baby game, in my quest to catch up this morning! Great idea!

I think that the baby picture idea, is cool!!

cgcw said:
Tina, when I got divorced, I swore I would never marry again. Gary felt the same way. We met at the final stages of both of our divorces and were adament that we were not going to get married. We dated for several years and finally took that big giant step. That was 17 years ago come June.

Ahh--my favorite, divorce stories! :rolleyes:
I shared this last year and I'll share it again for the newcomers. Our wedding was both of ours second marriage as well. When we met, we were both in the final stages of our divorce too. We both swore up and down we'd never marry again. There's nothing you can do married that you can't do just living together, right? Wrong. After trying to internationally adopt a baby and getting person after person saying, this country won't even look at your application unless you are married, we started to rethink our big plan. So, we decided it was worth a shot and got married. (I know, such a romantic story!)

Needless to say, after 4 years of trying to get pregnant, 6 months after we got married, we were just getting through our adoption interviews....I did get pregnant. Then miraculously enough 4 months after Emma was born, the person 3 doctors told I'd never get pregnant, and if I did, I'd kill myself or my child or both of us---I ended up getting pregnant again! :faint:

My dream is to still adopt a baby from China, but right now, I'm working on getting my two out of diapers. :rolleyes:

cgcw said:
Mary, I wasn't thinking anything. I just thought it was a great idea to do the wedding pictures and thought about everyones baby pictures.

A contest would be really cool. Maybe with a hint as to who it is because since some of us have never met - it might be hard to guess. It would be a riot to figure out who is who though. :teeth:

I was also thinking pet pictures. Don't they say pets tend to resemble their owners? You guys need to see my rolly polly dog! :lmao:

WDWLVR said:
Those of you who had 2nd marriages and had kids I love how you made them part of the ceremony. Gail that picture of you and John and the kids remind me of the Brady bunch....all you need are 2 more boys and 1 girl in that picture! :lmao:

Recreating the Brady Bunch was discussed and is even still mentioned to this day - but I stand my ground of being an unwilling participant. :rotfl2:

Deanna use to have the hardest time understanding why the 3 older ones had 2 dads and she only had 1. John has always treated Dawn, Dave & Diane as if they were his own kids from day 1. So we luckily by-passed that "Step" syndrome.

Stitch#1 said:
Ok for all my scrapping friends out there!
I scanned in the pages I did from class. A couple are missing the characters names becasue they couldn't find the card stock they had with the names printed on it but I will get them when I take my next class.

Here is the link to them.
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/stacyj69/Disney%20Class/

Enjoy!!
Thanks for sharing. I love the pages!

chipscinderelly said:
AWESOME - are they 12 x 12, 8 x 8 or ???? I need to take a class from you.

The pages are actually 6x6 but could easily be adapted to any size!
The next class is next Thursday night. I will definately add pics of the next set of pages that I make. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the PD for Ian. I think he's feeling better this morning. At least he made it through the night without incident. I hope the spewing phase is over and done with. He seemed better most of the day but in the evening it started again, probably because we let him drink too much water too fast. I'm not doing that again. This morning Ian got a bowl of baby rice cereal mixed with Pedialite for flavor. (We went to the Baby Fair over the weekend and I ended up with some fresh packets of rice cereal.) I just wish I could get him to drink the Pedialite - tried both Bubble Gum and Cherry flavors - but he'll have nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

I'm all caught up, for the moment. But I'll have to post wedding photos later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter