2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I'm so happy all you guys are jumping on the kitchen closed bandwagon!!

It was really hard for me not to eat once summer arrived because I keep later hours in the summer. But I'm getting back on track and hopefully, I'll keep losing. I'm only losing about 1/2 lb a week for the last couple of months.....that really stinks as far as my motivation goes, but my doc says it's perfectly normal to plateau like that and I've come so far. Plus, I exercise ALOT so a lot of my body fat got turned into muscle--great for me, not so great for the numbers on the scale. But they are just numbers and it's how you feel when you look in the mirror that counts!! :thumbsup2

To give the newcomers a little history on me--I have diabetes (stupid pancreas club member) and last November I thought I was having a heart attack. It turns out there is absolutely nothing wrong with my heart but it was just enough to scare the crap out of me and get me on the path to wellness. So I started January 2nd after the hangover wore off!

rsschneck said:
I called DVC MS this morning and talked to Joe about the posibility of keeping a car parked at BCV while we are on the member cruise. Joe had to call the resort because he was not sure. He came back to let me know that since we were staying before and after the member cruise that I could keep a car parked at BCV while we were on the cruise. I guess you just have to let the resort know when you check in and they will give you a parking pass for the entire time. This might help some DISers decide about the party bus or not. I figure parking alone will be $48-$60 (depends on if they charge you for 4 or 5 days).

We are up to 21 people for the bus and the shuttle will hold 27. If we go over 27 then we go with a Mears motor coach that can hold 47. The more people on the bus the cheaper the transfers are.

That's great! They charged us for 4 days last year and I think we had to pay cash but a more experienced cruiser can probably give the yea or nope on that!

RRBB said:
Don't worry. Ian is saving them all for his daddy! :rotfl2:

Speaking of Ian, as of Saturday he is no longer a "teen". Nope, he's now 20 months old and starting preschool next week. We have parent orientation tomorrow night and he gets to check out his classroom/meet his teachers on Friday.

Oh Congrats to Ian - how exciting to be starting preschool!

bcvprincesses said:
Hi all. I called members services right at 9 am and we were able to get a 1 bedroom at BCV for the 21. :banana: There were no studios available anywhere. We were very busy at work today so no time to eat luch or snack. I think I need to work every day. :rotfl2: It was really easy to stay in my points today. Have to go eat dinner before 7 mp comes and my kitchen is shut

AWESOME news about BCV - we're all going to have a blast there pre cruise!

:badpc: ARGH the server ate my post - I'm so over that!!!

Ok so here's the gist - we love the new CC gifts and cannot wait to see them in person as we know we can use a ton of the items! :thumbsup2

On Thursday night I had was bitten by a bug and ended up with a very swollen ankle and oozing :crazy2: bite mark. We treated with benedryl (pills and cream) as well as ice and elevation. By this morning it seemed to have worked pretty well so off to work I went. By 2 pm it was swollen again and the bite mark was a bright red color. So I phoned the doc and they suggested I come in to the after hours clinic to be seen quickly. It was fast and as it turns out it's not a fire ant bite or misquito bite like we thought but a brown recluse spider bite - luckily mine appears to be healing and will not require surgery or anything. :worship: Thanks doc! Now I need to keep it elevated and had to have a tetnus booster :eek: which was NOT the highlight of my day. So I'm just laying here - watching hells kitchen ... what are you doing?

chipscinderelly said:

Ok so here's the gist - we love the new CC gifts and cannot wait to see them in person as we know we can use a ton of the items! :thumbsup2

On Thursday night I had was bitten by a bug and ended up with a very swollen ankle and oozing :crazy2: bite mark. We treated with benedryl (pills and cream) as well as ice and elevation. By this morning it seemed to have worked pretty well so off to work I went. By 2 pm it was swollen again and the bite mark was a bright red color. So I phoned the doc and they suggested I come in to the after hours clinic to be seen quickly. It was fast and as it turns out it's not a fire ant bite or misquito bite like we thought but a brown recluse spider bite - luckily mine appears to be healing and will not require surgery or anything. :worship: Thanks doc! Now I need to keep it elevated and had to have a tetnus booster :eek: which was NOT the highlight of my day. So I'm just laying here - watching hells kitchen ... what are you doing?

OMG Julie!! I'm so glad you are ok. How scary is that?

Scary story for you. About 8 weeks from my wedding, I was walking outside from my office to the parking lot. It was a very windy day. This very strong gust of wind came and I was about to step off the curb and well, you know when you miss the curb? I missed it and landed on my elbow. I sprained my wrist AND tore ligaments in my ankle (which had already had that same injury to it twice). So I couldn't even use the crutches they gave me. They put one of those splint cast things on my ankle and I literally cried for 6 weeks thinking I was going to have to be driven down the aisle of Sunset Pointe in a golf cart because I'd never walk again. Lucklily, it did heal and I made it. :bride:
So, moral of the story is---STAY SAFE!!! (And don't go outside if it's windy!)

OMG Julie, that's just horrible. So glad you're on the mend and that you don't have to have further treatment.

chipscinderelly said:
That's great! They charged us for 4 days last year and I think we had to pay cash but a more experienced cruiser can probably give the yea or nope on that!
Yep, you're right! It's $12/night, prepaid cash or credit.

chipscinderelly said:

OMG - Julie?!?!?!?!? How horrible!!!!!! I hope that you'll be ok!!!!!

chipscinderelly said:

JULIE!!!

I am so glad you are okay. My Mom got a spider bite back in May.

Her arm swelled up terribly. We took her to the emergency room. Long story short. It was horrible. 2 weeks in the hospital on IV antibiotics. She required surgery on the arm to remove a deep abscess (about a 9 inch scar on the underside of her right arm (Yes, she is right handed). Then she went home with a "line" and we gave her 2 weeks of IV antibiotice at home (3 different types). A visiting nurse showed us how to do this. Then she was on 2 weeks of oral antibiotics. She was constantly tired... Within 2 weeks of stopping the antibiotics, she had a mini stroke and is now slowly recovering.

Bites can develop into very serious results. I am so glad you're recovering... without surgery.

chipscinderelly said:

OMG!

:wizard: That you heal quickly!

Sorry to tell you this, but things have been happening in threes.......

Ok, so someone else will be needing a Tetnus Shot! I had to have one at the end of July when I stepped on one of those Anti-Theft Device Pins while shopping. Let's hope we get this all out of the way now and nothing bad for the cruise!

j

Diana Lyn said:
OMG Julie!! I'm so glad you are ok. How scary is that?

Scary story for you. About 8 weeks from my wedding, I was walking outside from my office to the parking lot. It was a very windy day. This very strong gust of wind came and I was about to step off the curb and well, you know when you miss the curb? I missed it and landed on my elbow. I sprained my wrist AND tore ligaments in my ankle (which had already had that same injury to it twice). So I couldn't even use the crutches they gave me. They put one of those splint cast things on my ankle and I literally cried for 6 weeks thinking I was going to have to be driven down the aisle of Sunset Pointe in a golf cart because I'd never walk again. Lucklily, it did heal and I made it. :bride:
So, moral of the story is---STAY SAFE!!! (And don't go outside if it's windy!)
Oh, pre-wedding sickness stories?!?!?! We got married on December 19th, so right into flu season. About 3 weeks before the wedding (the one year I don't get a flu shot) and I come down with the flu. You know how those last few weeks you have TONS to do, well, I was down and out!!! After about a week, I'm better and back on my feet. Chris never got it, so we thought that we were in the clear. NOT!!!! Just 6 days before the wedding, Chris gets the flu too. Now, we're really down to crunch time and I'm stressing that I'm never going to get everything done because it's just ME!!! But, my boss let me out of work 2 days early and let me just get things done. Thankfully, Chris woke up on the day of the rehearsal and he was feeling better.

From that year on, we've ALWAYS gotten a flu shot!!! Oh, and ironically, I didn't find out until after my honeymoon, but my mom was miserable at my wedding because she was coming down with the flu too. But, she didn't want to let on that she didn't feel well, so she wouldn't upset me. What a sweetie!!!

But, when it came down to it, the wedding day was PERFECT!!! Couldn't have been better!!!

Thanks everyone!

Diana - that is scary, and weird too cause all weekend Matt and I kept saying "how will we keep these pesky bugs away from Julie before the wedding"... so we are thinking the same thing!

Georgie - wow that is scary! That's what they told me would have happened had I had a bad bite, thankfully it's not that bad. Plus I am allergic to about everything except Matt, the dog and the cat (ok sort of to them too).... heck even kleenex tissues are a no no for me. I'm going to live in a bubble soon :rotfl2:

Let's hope only those who need boosters are having tetnus shots and no one else for the emergency reason.

Amy - ooh the flu is yucky! Ok everyone - off to get your flu shot before the cruise!

WDWLVR said:
Roxann - put us down as 2 maybe's. I'd like to talk to someone at Boardwalk and see if we can do the same thing since we are staying there before and after. If we can then we'll take the bus as well.

I knew I would find more takers out there

Scratch42 said:
My deciding factor.............

What time do you think we will return to BCV after the cruise?

I have a 10:30 a.m. F&W event scheduled. If we can make it back in time, add two more to the list!

j

I think this would depend on what time we leave. We can't get off the ship before we clear (isn't that around 8:00 am). Are most of us on early dining? If we are on first dining then we eat EARLY breakfast the last morning and I would think we could get out of dodge pretty quickly!

chipscinderelly said:
Ok everyone - off to get your flu shot before the cruise!
The last few years we've gone to WDW in October and made sure to get our flu shots before getting on the plane. When I was pregnant with Ian I waited in line at Walgreens for over 2 hours - with all the senior citizens - just to get it. Remember that flu shot shortage panic??? Luckily I made sure to get a Rx from my OB that morning. It turned out that even though the CDC said pregnant women were in the high risk group and should get a shot, the nurses giving them would have turned me away without the "note" from my doctor.

Sorry I missed everyone in chat last night. I am helping out a friend who has his own business and have been spending a lot of time on the computer helping him with his other company. I didn't even think about chat until after 10pm and by then most of you had signed off.

Ilene - good luck with your diet! I am going through the same thing right now. I lost a total of 24 pounds and then stopped eating healthy and stopped exercising. Luckily I've only gained back 2 pounds but I need to get back on track. I don't usually eat at night. Actually, I don't usually eat at all - which is the biggest problem. I can go the whole day without eating. I'm going back to WW meetings again because at least I knew that worked!

I started my day in the office with a cup of tea, light multi graim english muffin with a small packet of peanut butter. Then around 11, I had a WW strawberry smoothie. Lunch was a slice of Regina's mushroom pizza and a bottle of water. Dinner was a small chicken breast with steamed veggies and a bottle of water. While I don't think this was a bad day I know that I didn't eat enough points, drink enough dairy or enough water. I need to plan better for tomorrow but I'm in back-to-back meetings every hour beginning at 10AM until 3PM. That doesn't leave me any time for lunch and our cafe deosn't really serve healthy foods either! Oh well!

Mary - glad to see you may join us on the party bus.

Ann Marie - you must be psyched that you were able to get a 1BR for Saturday night at BCV. There are so many of us staying there before and after the cruise. It should be fun.

Well - I've got a busy day ahead of me tomorrow. Good night!

chipscinderelly said:

Sorry to hear about your spider bite - I hope it heals quickly. pixiedust:

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter