2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary (Mark, Cheryl and Todd) - loving your recaps! Matt and I joined some friends at DL this summer and your report is bringing back good memories. We loved Blue Bayou's food - and while we didn't have a wonderful experience waiting on Fireworks Sat night (some not so nice locals were out) we love those fireworks almost more than Wishes.

I can't wait to hear more!

Mary,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your report from Disneyland. It brought back the great memories we had while at Disneyland in August. We were only there for 2 days, so needless to say we didn't get to see as much as we would have liked. Spent a lot of time just walking around and enjoying the place, as my dh liked to say, where Walt actually started it all.

Look forward to your next edition.

Carol :flower:

Cindy,

Gail does have that touch for arranging and setting things up. When she was down here last year I had her rearraging my family room. Whenever I get ready to work in a room I e-mail her and say this is what I am thinking and then ask her for her ideas. It probably is a good thing that we don't live close or we would drive John and my dh crazy with our "I was thinking about...".

You may want to wait till warmer weather to tempt Gail with a shopping trip. I don't think she is too happy at this point with the snow and cold they are messing with.

Carol - that's one of the things I love about Disneyland. It is Walt's park. I can imagine Walt standing or sitting in the courtyard or on the balcony in the mornings before the park opened. It is a much more intimate park than Magic Kingdom as well. That doesn't mean my feet and ankle don't hurt just as much. :)

Mary - thanks for the report on Disneyland. We want to take the girls over there someday!

Hi Mary,

Joe kept saying the whole time we were in Disneyland -just think this is where Walt walked, this is where Walt probably did this or that. It is much smaller than WDW but I still managed to get some major blisters. We stayed at the Howard Johnson's, which is within walking distance of Disneyland. It was strange to see the monorail running out front of our hotel. And it was really different walking through security into the big open area. I thought after I went through security I was in Disneyland. Took a couple of minutes to figure out that California Adventure was on the left and Disneyland on the right and Downtown Disney straight ahead. All within walking distance of each other. Definately different than WDW. I would definately like to go back. Maybe I would not be so in awe of everything.

How is the weather?

scrappy910 said:
Hi Mary,

How is the weather?

For us northerners, perfect! 60-70 and sunny, couldn't ask for better.

But don't ask the locals, it's COLD to them, heh.

Going out to DCA now, cya later on.

It was awesome weather yesterday. I was wearing shorts! I have not acclimated yet so I did not think it was cold.

After Todd and I left Mark and Mary, we went to Alice and then to Tiki Room.
Then we headed out. The park was so full it was crazy. We made it back to the garage and then back to our hotel in LA.

This afternoon we are touring with Todd's Aunt and Uncle. Looking forward to it!

Cheryl,

Hopefully the weather will be that nice at WDW next weekend. I am anxiously awaiting next weekend to get to WDW. We are going to try and get there on Thursday to go to the DVC Mixer. Glad your having a good time.

Whewwwww, I just got caught up...

I am glad Mary, Mark, Todd, and Cheryl made it safe...Is the HM still done up as Nightmare? I love that makeovertoo...

Amy, Congrats on the Nephew...

Cindy, Huggs and PD...

Umm, ARE WE ALL FORGETTING MICKEY BARS?????? If I can't have one of them Baskin Robbins Chocolate Almond......

Oh well, I am at work.....

:jumping2:

cgcw said:
Gary's all time favorite phrase I use is "I was thinking......" because it usually means I'm thinking of something for him to do. ;) :teeth:

Bruce's favorite phrase I use is "WE should do this...." which really means I have a great project for you to work on all by yourself!

scrappy910 said:
Cindy,

Gail does have that touch for arranging and setting things up.

I have that touch too. My problem is I don't have the funds to support my decorating abilities!! :rotfl: I'll come out and do your kitchen for you Cindy. But you have to watch my kids! :rotfl2:

OMG I forgot to post my big news!!

I GOT FLOOR SEATS FOR BILLY JOEL!!! :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :thewave:
FLOOR SEATS!!! :dancer:

Diana Lyn said:

WOO HOO!! Clearly all that DVC dialing and chatting has sharpened your skills - way to go!

I just caught up. We had a snow day here yesterday and we were playing all day. It was a really fun day that I think the girls and I needed.

Amy congrats on the nephew. A baby is such a great gift.

Cindy So sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Cheryl, Todd, Mark and Mary sounds like you are having a great time. Keep up the reports when you have time, I love reading them.

Diana great job on the tickets. That will be such a great concert.

Curt Love coldstone creamery but they closest one is about 30 min away but it is sooooo worth it.

chipscinderelly said:
Stacy - he plays the piano and sometimes sings his own songs or has others. He's famous for "the Gift" and other romance songs. His most recent album (do we still call em that?) is a Disney Songbook.

I'll have to do a web search for him and check him out.

Diana Lyn said:

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!
I guess all the times calling in to get on the DVC cruises helped your dialing fingers!! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter