2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana Lyn said:
That means we're all off somewhere causing trouble! :rolleyes:

I'm just sitting here waiting patiently for the pediatrician to call me back. We pulled a tick out of Julia's leg last night and while she's totally fine this morning, I need to find out where to send this sucker (pun intended) for analysis. He's got about 10 more minutes and then I'm off to the gym. :yay:

Here's hoping you received your return phone call and dropped your friend off where it needed to go. The one tick Cameron had in his ear many years ago freaked me out so much that I just got it off and then dropped it on the floor. So, then I was trying to find it -- I never did. Cameron was fine -- use a lot of alcohol on the site where it attached to Julia.

Let us know what happens. :goodvibes

gometros said:
Even if it's a fixed menu like LTT dinner? My wife and I keep a kosher home and eat vegetarian out. I know most restaurants are accomodating, but I wasn't sure about the fixed menu type dinner.

(Once when eating at Cape May, the veggies had meat in them. The chef offered to make us a plate of plain string beans. Well, when it was brought out, it was more like a platter than a plate!)
DD is vegetarian and is going to the Hoop De Doo Revue with her grandparents on Friday. She called and asked them if they could do a vegetarian option and they offered her either a steamed veggie plate with rice or a no meat pasta dish.

MaryJ said:
DD is vegetarian and is going to the Hoop De Doo Revue with her grandparents on Friday. She called and asked them if they could do a vegetarian option and they offered her either a steamed veggie plate with rice or a no meat pasta dish.

This is what the Chef's ususally whip up - Karen always goes for the Pasta. In fact I think we were eating at Cape May and the Chef himself came out & discussed her dietiary needs and created one of Karen's favorite dishes. Actually one of our many magical moments (this happened on a day when bad news followed us to Florida.)

Hey everyone! We are back from our whirlwind trip to Vegas and seeing how the "other side" lives. I hope to post photos later this week but let's just say it was classy all the way and the hotel (the Wynn) was unbelievable and our rooms were way out of our price range (thanks boss). Sting was super, we had floor seats! I had my photo with MC Hammer and danced the night away.

You guys were chatty - 10 page to catch up but they were good pages.

Diana/Amy - love the new photos of the kiddos, to cute!
Curt - love the new photo of you and Karen!

LTT / MNSSHP - love this combo and we are going the 31st with 6 pm LTT ressies. I called this morning without problem and got right through. We may do LTT in July before spectro/wishes and I was hoping someone would know the answer to this - my sister is allergic to pork and does not eat turkey, do you think the chef might do something on the side for her? She can prob eat the mac and cheese and sides, but I don't want her to be hungry.

OH EXCITING - our waitlist for July in a 2 bedroom dedicated at BCV finally came through for the last night - this is our planning trip for the wedding so I am beyond thrilled! I love the auto waitlist and the website updated right away. Now I need to reconcile those points - urgh.

Julie sounds like you had an awesome weekend. Congrats on your waitlist coming through as well!

Here is a link to the current menus at LTT. When you call to make an ADR tekk them you have a food allergy and they will give you a direct phone number to the chef (or you can PM me for it...) Robin doesn't eat any Pork, and I am allergic to Cilantro (& Corriander). THey will make up a plate for each of us, but you should make sure it is in your ADR.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/menuoutput.cfm

Liberty Tree Tavern Menu:

NOTE: * Indicates buffet item and cost represents total cost of buffet. Menu is subject to change.

Lunch (Updated: 11/20/05)​
Appetizers/Starter
  • Maryland Crab Cake - A pan-seared blue crab cake on fire-roasted corn succotash with bay tartar. - $7.49

Tavern Fried Cheese - With marinara sauce - $5.29
Soups/Salads
  • Declaration Salad - Field greens and market veggies tossed with your choice of our Tavern strawberry vinaigrette or roasted garlic buttermilk dressing. - $3.99

New England Clam Chowder - New England clam chowder - $3.99

Today's Soup Kettle - Today's soup kettle - $3.99
Entree/Main Course
  • Colony Salad - Rotisserie chicken, Washington apples, sweet pecans, and applewood smoked cheddar tossed with field greens in a honey-shallot vinaigrette. - $11.99

Fresh from the Harbour - Cider-cured salmon on griddled pumpkin bread with butternut vinaigrette. - $14.99

William Penn Pasta - Marinated chicken breast, applewook smoked bacon, oven-roasted mushrooms and fresh spinach, finished with a creamy marinara sauce. - $13.79

New England Pot Roast...Tavern Keeper's Favorite - Braised beef in a Cabernet wine and mushroom sauce served with mashed potatoes and garden veggies. - $13.79

Amber Waves of Grain - Seasonal market fresh veggies cooked with New Colony grains and an herb-infused coulis. - $10.99

Pilgrim's Feast - Traditional roast turkey and herb bread dressing, mashed potatoes and a garden veggie. - $13.79

The Tri-Corner - Rare roast beef and Swiss cheese with Liberty slaw, horseradish cream sauce, and Arugula served on herbed Focaccia with Tavern fries. - $10.79

Old Glory - 1/2 lb burger topped with bacon and cheddar or mushrooms and provolone, served with French fried potatoes. All burgers prepared well done unless otherwise specified. - $10.99
Drinks
  • Specialty Beverage - Stars and Stripes beverage with glow ice cube, our frozen Tavern Punch or our Milkshake of the Week, served in a Liberty Tree Tavern collector's mug. - $8.99

Dinner (Updated: 11/30/05)​
Entree/Main Course
  • Goofy's Liberate Your Appetite Character Adult Dinner - Declaration Salad: tossed mixed greens, served with our special tavern strawberry vinaigrette. Patriot's Platter: A generous serving of roasted turkey breast, carved beef, and smoked pork loin, accompanied with tavern-made mashed potatoes, market veggies, herb bread stuffing, and Stouffer's macaroni & cheese. Dessert: Freshly prepared from Martha's kitchen. Beverages: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange Soda, Fanta Birch Beer, Hi-C Lemonade, Coffee: Regular or Decaf, Milk: Whole, Low-fat or chocolate, Carnation hot cocoa, hot tea, and Nestea iced tea. - $27.99 *
Drinks
  • Bottled Water - Still or Sparkling - $3.25 *

Specialty Coffee - Cappuccino $3.49 or Espresso $2.99 - $3.49 *

Specialty Beverage - Stars and Stripes beverage with glow ice cube, our frozen Tavern Punch or our Milkshake of the Week, served in a Liberty Tree Tavern collector's mug. - $8.99

Snack (Updated: 11/20/05)​
Dessert
  • Liberty Shortcake - Fresh buttermilk biscuit with vanilla bean ice cream, macerated berries, and whipped cream. - $5.49

Caramel Apple Tart - Shortbread crust, sugared apples, and vanilla bean ice cream. - $4.29

Butter Griddled Pound Cake - Served with warm pecan caramel sauce and vanilla bean ice cream. - $4.29

Chocolate Liberation Cake - Warm chocolate lava cake with raspberry sauce. - $5.49

Liberty Tree Tavern
Child's Menu

Lunch (Updated: 11/20/05)​
Entree/Main Course
  • Yankee Doodle Noodles - Stouffer's Macaroni and cheese served with fruit and a beverage. - $4.99

Paul Revere Chicken Strips - Served with French fries and a beverage. - $4.99

Little Patriot's Hot Dog - Served with French fries and a beverage. - $4.99

The Colonial Cheeseburger - Served with French fries and a beverage. - $4.99

Dinner (Updated: 11/30/05)​
Entree/Main Course
  • Goofy's Liberate Your Appetite Character Children's Dinner (ages 3-9) - Declaration Salad: tossed mixed greens, served with our special tavern strawberry vinaigrette. Patriot's Platter: A generous serving of roasted turkey breast, carved beef, and smoked pork loin, accompanied with tavern-made mashed potatoes, market veggies, herb bread stuffing, and Stouffer's macaroni & cheese. Dessert: Freshly prepared from Martha's kitchen. Beverages: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange Soda, Fanta Birch Beer, Hi-C Lemonade, Coffee: Regular or Decaf, Milk: Whole, Low-fat or chocolate, Carnation hot cocoa, hot tea, and Nestea iced tea. - $12.99 *
:figment:

PS, I think the menu is special and more inclusive on Holidays, and I think Disney Dining is blacked out on holidays.

One further note, The chefs are VERY ACCOMODATING. Once at BOMA, I went with my food allergy, the chef made me the moost fantastic plated dinner, EVERYONE at the table was eyeing my platter. It was magnificent. I will see if we can find a picture....

Hi Everyone! Thank you for the anniversayr wishes. It's been crazy busy in my life, but that's seeming to be normal.

DH celebrated 29 years of life together. It was a lovely day and we went to the Broadway show that's here in our area...Dr. Doolittle. What fun!

Is everyone making ressies for MNSSHP on the same day? Am I missing out?

ohanafamily said:
One further note, The chefs are VERY ACCOMODATING. Once at BOMA, I went with my food allergy, the chef made me the moost fantastic plated dinner, EVERYONE at the table was eyeing my platter. It was magnificent. I will see if we can find a picture....
::yes:: David mentioned to our server about his allergy and she had the chef come out to our table. He said he'd point out which dishes David couldn't eat from the buffet. But after going past the first two stations where the only dish that didn't have any corriander in it was the fried chicken on the kids station, the chef said he'd make up something special. We totally thought it would be something small and boring, but first David was served a selection of FOUR soups. Then the chef personally brought out David's main course. There was so much food there that it could have fed all of us at the table.
P5270019-web.jpg
P5270020-web.jpg

Tiger Lily 03 said:

Some of us from the cruise are going to try for a DIS meet @ MNSSHP for the 26th. Sounds like a lot of use will be eating @ LTT before the party. :woohoo:

Ohh thanks, I guess I must look into that one. I didn't realize that things were on sale for that already...I'm so slow. Must get revved :moped:

chipscinderelly said:
OH EXCITING - our waitlist for July in a 2 bedroom dedicated at BCV finally came through for the last night - this is our planning trip for the wedding so I am beyond thrilled! I love the auto waitlist and the website updated right away. Now I need to reconcile those points - urgh.

Julie - glad your wait list came through.

Tiger Lily 03 said:

We made reservations for MNSSHP for October 26. I think several of us got through on Saturday to make the reservation.

Annmarie

PS - This is the first time I've ever double quoted! How cool is that? I figured it out!

Did anyone notice we are getting very close to a milestone! :banana:

I did, I did!! I noticed it early today, and thought for sure everyone would be posting today. Alas, it's been somewhat quiet around here, not too much chatter!!

alikat99 said:
I did, I did!! I noticed it early today, and thought for sure everyone would be posting today. Alas, it's been somewhat quiet around here, not too much chatter!!

Wow--we are pretty close! It was really quiet here today. We had a busy day here and tomorrow will be another one.

:cheer2: Great news, Julia is totally fine today and her little friend will be mailed off in the morning. :scared: It's amazing the technology that exists. You mail a dead bug off to a lab and they send you a report about it--what type of tick it is, what stage of it's life it was in before Bruce went and murdered it, how much blood it sucked out of my poor baby daughter. They'll even be able to tell me how long it was on her. :confused3 I know it's wasn't more than 4 hours because I changed her diaper after her nap and it wasn't there then.

If I wasn't looking so forward to receiving the ticks life story, someone here just might have gotten an anonymous critter mailed off to you. I have alot of your addresses!! :lmao:

chipscinderelly said:
Hey everyone! We are back from our whirlwind trip to Vegas and seeing how the "other side" lives. I hope to post photos later this week but let's just say it was classy all the way and the hotel (the Wynn) was unbelievable and our rooms were way out of our price range (thanks boss). Sting was super, we had floor seats! I had my photo with MC Hammer and danced the night away.

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! I really want to see pics!!

Stop---Hammer time. :dancer:

How's your Dad doing?

Diana Lyn said:
Wow--we are pretty close! It was really quiet here today. We had a busy day here and tomorrow will be another one.

:cheer2: Great news, Julia is totally fine today and her little friend will be mailed off in the morning. :scared: It's amazing the technology that exists. You mail a dead bug off to a lab and they send you a report about it--what type of tick it is, what stage of it's life it was in before Bruce went and murdered it, how much blood it sucked out of my poor baby daughter. They'll even be able to tell me how long it was on her. :confused3 I know it's wasn't more than 4 hours because I changed her diaper after her nap and it wasn't there then.

If I wasn't looking so forward to receiving the ticks life story, someone here just might have gotten an anonymous critter mailed off to you. I have alot of your addresses!! :lmao:
OMG - I never knew that they could do that kind of research on a little tick!! And, no thank you, I would NOT want a tick mailed to my house. :scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter