20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJohn, Oct 17, 2018.

1. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

You should come. I travel solo to all of the dis events since I started going with DAP in 2015. We are generally a very friendly bunch.

And as @disneyholic family said above come join us on the unofficial thread as we are starting to plan our own meetups during the event week.

2. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

Congrats on your upcoming graduation. You should definitely come. Forget the whole demographic thing. The attendees span the spectrum from kids and teens to retirees. We're planning on our daughter coming as long as her summer work schedule allows. She graduated college this past May and turned 23 last month so close to you age-wise. I know a number of people in their 20s and 30s who come to these things routinely. And then there's those of us who are a little more removed from that age group but stick us in Disney World and we still act like we're 20-something :).

ohanaway, gberg, BigRed98 and 5 others like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Braddy007

Braddy007 Earning My Ears

I can honestly say I rarely post on here and totally looking forward to it. I have followed the Dis for over 7 years and only been a member on the boards for a couple. The few people I have met or know from here or amazing. I am sure after the meet I will be more active on here.

5. Aerin75

Aerin75 DIS Veteran

I love how you phrased this!

ohanaway and disneysteve like this.
  6. JLoinDisney

JLoinDisney Eat all the caramel apples...

Hey I have a question! I paid my fee and I received my confirmation email. Do I have to immediately have to pay for the party or can I wait? Or is it pretty much a you need to do this right this second kind of a thing?
    Sorry I’m not entirely sure! This is our first Dis event we are attending! Thanks guys! Happy Halloween!!!

7. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

The Pandora party has limited availability. If you wait there is a chance it could sell out.

disneyholic family likes this.
  8. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

Personally I would sign up for the party sooner rather then later because there is a chance it will sell out.

9. Sylver

Sylver Earning My Ears

I agree! Loved the phrasing. I am new to the group and fall into this category. I’ll be traveling solo also and am really looking forward to the entire event!

10. Gehrig1B

Gehrig1B DIS Veteran

deleted post

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  11. CrazyDisMom5

CrazyDisMom5 Earning My Ears

So excited about this party! I’ve been listening for years and finally joined the boards. Just booked our rooms and signed up for the event.

12. Aerin75

Aerin75 DIS Veteran

Welcome to you both!

13. Winnie_Ille_Pu

Winnie_Ille_Pu Earning My Ears

I have been a listener for several years and I am so excited to finally be going to a DIS event and to join the boards!!!

14. stitchaholic

stitchaholic DIS Veteran

ohhhhhhh I wanna come, it would likely be my first solo trip, do I???? Better make up my mind quickly!

15. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

Will Star Wars land be approx open?

16. Mickeymouseisking

Mickeymouseisking Some imagination, huh?

Sadly, no. The WDW one is opening towards the end of 2019, not the summer. I’m hoping the Mickey and Minnie ride at DHS will be open by then.

17. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

I will wait for the 21st !!!

disneyholic family likes this.
  18. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

so can we have a "who's at the event from the farthest away" contest?
    Assuming no one comes from Australia or Asia, we're shoo-ins to win... :blush:
    and the prize? hmmmm......be part of the live podcast? :cool2:
    and if someone does come from the end of the world (or an even farther away end of the world than us), it would be fun to see them on the podcast!!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  19. Aerin75

Aerin75 DIS Veteran

Welcome to the boards!!

CrazyDisMom5 likes this.
  20. k8Davies

k8Davies K8Davies

I’m heading over from merry old England so pretty far; but I think there are definitely people coming from further afield, especially as this time we got so much notice.

21. JLoinDisney

JLoinDisney Eat all the caramel apples...

I am super excited! I’m really pumped for this event! I cannot wait to meet you guys!