20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJohn, Oct 17, 2018.

1. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

I am Australian

2. k8Davies

k8Davies K8Davies

OMG you’re travelling all from Oz for the event... that’s amazing!! :thumbsup2

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

Have no plans yet. But am heading to USA though

5. Mickeymouseisking

Mickeymouseisking Some imagination, huh?

If you come you’ll win our made up contest :-)

6. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

oh you HAVE to come to the event!!!! even if it does mean our losing "our made up contest"....

MaryKatesMom likes this.
  7. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

yes, it's great we got a lot of notice and even better that the dates work for us this time!!! woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

8. andsnyder

andsnyder Earning My Ears

Does this mean there are fewer "party" spots than "event" spots? In other words, could everyone who registers for the event also attend the party? Hope that makes sense.

9. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

That means more people could sign up for the event than the party. The party has a limited amount of spots due to Disney having a set limit on it. The event can hold more as people could go to other meet ups during that week and/or the podcast taping.

10. thiabelle

thiabelle Mouseketeer

Super excited to be attending my first event ever! My DD will be heading to college a few days later (still don't know where yet!) and I thought this would be a super fun way to finish up our summer. Can't wait!

11. MaryP124

MaryP124 Earning My Ears

:tinker:Booked. My first solo trip!! Can't wait

12. Mdn428

Mdn428 Earning My Ears

Looking forward to going 2018 in December and then the summer of 2019.

13. wiihoo888

wiihoo888 Earning My Ears

So...as soon as I heard the dates for this event, I got super excited. I’ve been trying to figure out what to do for my 50th birthday for a while. When I heard that this was planned during my birthday, I felt like this was a Disney dream meant to be. I am currently in Disney right now, and think I have talked to husband into booking this trip with me. Waiting until we get back home this weekend to check out all of the dates for travelling, but am really hoping to make this happen. I really can’t think of a better way to turn 50 than to do it in not only in Disney, but in the company of those who love it as much as I do. So excited and am hoping to book this soon!!

14. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

I'm at Disney World now too. And the Pandora party is on my 55th birthday so we can celebrate together.

15. wiihoo888

Mine’s
    Awesome! Sounds like a plan. My 50th is on the 7th, but I’m pretty sure I can make the celebration last the whole trip:) Hope your current stay is going as well as mine! The changeover from Halloween to Christmas is always a personal fave. Love this time of year!

16. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

Nothing wrong with celebrating all week.

Our trip has been great though the heat is sucking the life out of us. We had a few really nice days last week before the heat and humidity returned. We had been hoping for less summer-like weather. Oh well. I'd still rather be here than home at work.

17. wiihoo888

Ugggh...completely get it. Was down here last week with my parents, and we had amazing weather. Had my husband and the kids down this week for the fire and brimstone of early November. Us poor unfortunate souls...lol!

18. DisneyKoolaid

DisneyKoolaid Earning My Ears

Sorry if this question has been asked 239487 times, but how long was it for most people to receive the email to sign up for the Pandora party after receiving the 2 email confirmations for the event? Or is it already full?

19. JLoinDisney

JLoinDisney Eat all the caramel apples...

i got mine pretty quickly after. maybe an hour or two? so i put in my reservation payment and then got the first email with the code or whatever they call it and then i put in my payment for the event a few hours later. as of the last dis podcast show if i can remember correctly i think they said it was filled 50 percent? if i am wrong please someone correct me! :)

20. DisneyKoolaid

DisneyKoolaid Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the reply! :) Must be full then (I'm assuming) because I got the first two emails 3 days ago but didn't get a 3rd email with the Pandora Party sign up info. Womp womp.

Edit: got the 3rd email today :) Must not have gone through before (checked spam/trash, wasn't there). Thanks for all the replies!!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 5:39 PM
  21. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I would check your spam or reach out or something as on the podcast this week John said they were like 50% full and that he expected it to fill by the end of the year so I can’t imagine it totally filled in like the next day

Mickeymouseisking likes this.