20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJohn, Oct 17, 2018.

1. MrsInsG

MrsInsG Earning My Ears

Hi All-

As you may have read, I purchased the party tickets and am attending the event as a surprise for my daughter's 18th birthday (she's a huge Disunplugged fan). Her birthday is in a few weeks and we are presenting her with the trip then. Here's where you come in... I purchased a Dis tee shirt for her that I am giving to her gift-wrapped; my question is, do any of you have thoughts on how I can/should present the event? I know she's heard of it as she has mentioned it. I thought about putting some sort of message under the shirt but am not sure. Any creative ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. WebmasterJohn

WebmasterJohn Genius Administrator

We are not full yet. At about 75% but still have space.

I see the email to sign up for the party was sent a few minutes after the payment for the event was processed.

I just resent that email.

Please check your spam/junk folders in case they are going there.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We are booked! Its still a long way away but its nice to have plans in place!

5. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

Especially since you have so far to travel :tiptoe:

6. disprincess2213

disprincess2213 DIS Veteran

We are booked! I am beyond excited! It would be amazing to meet the members of the podcast!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 6:12 AM
  7. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Yes its is grueling. ;)

But I am planning on bringing our 16 YO grandson Connor and his mom from Houston. Hoping Connor recovers movement from his spinal injury by then.

8. disneysteve

Wishing him all the best.

9. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

“Stay out of the dam lakes and celebrate your birthday with DIS friends at a private party at Pandora!”

10. wnwardii

wnwardii Mouseketeer

How about modifying Tom Bell's signoff from the legacy Disneyland Disunplugged podcast "Disney is more magical when it is shared at a private DIS party at Pandora".

MrsInsG, Aerin75, javaman and 3 others like this.
  11. pSTANchio

pSTANchio Earning My Ears

Just booked at the Pop! Thanks for everything! First time posting but long time listener from CA.

12. dkrauss

dkrauss Goofy Fan from Jersey

Cya at POP.....really looking forward to seeing the refurbed rooms. Looks like a bunch of folks staying here...…..need to all get together for a drink at the pool bar :)

Doug :goofy:

13. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

wishing your grandson a complete recovery from his injury. That must be devastating!

I'm really looking forward to finally meeting you and Val in person and not just on facebook and here on the dis!!! :)

14. pSTANchio

Is this something you do on the day of check-in or can you ask to put it in itinerary notes?

15. pSTANchio

This will be our 2nd trip to WDW as well! We're also west coast folks and DLR passholders :)

16. pSTANchio

Planning question for the event: Are the 10a-5p events like a traditional conference where we are sitting in seminars in the convention center (don't buy park tickets) or should we get park tickets for those days to get involved with what event coordinators are doing in the parks?

17. disneysteve

Definitely not a traditional conference. The events could be anywhere, in a park or not. They might be at a hotel or at Disney Springs or in Epcot or on Main Street or somewhere else.

18. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

If they are....Im not going.pirate:

PrncessA, dkrauss, Aerin75 and 8 others like this.
  19. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

They could be in the park - such as the Connecting with Walt meet up on Main St in MK in the past - but many are not (or at least historically)

I would fully expect that you could come and not but anyou park tickets and just do the party and have opportunities to participate in some of the smaller meet ups - but likely not alas I would think some would need a park ticket

disneyholic family and wiihoo888 like this.
  20. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I am definitely not an “on site expert” but I believe you can indicate this when you do online check in before you arrive or you can fax your request or, I would think, call ahead of time

disneyholic family likes this.
  21. disneysteve

LOL!

Although Pete did do one "conference-type" event before. I wasn't able to attend but I think he did a presentation where he talked about his experiences over the years since starting the company. I don't know the details since I wasn't there. I seem to recall it was held at one of the hotels.