2 Rooms DDP vs Deluxe

Aron1012

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this thread exists but I couldn't seem to find it. We have 8 people (4 adults, 2 teenagers, and two under 9) going staying in two rooms at Poly on my DVC points. Originally I had planned to do the DDP for all of us, but someone suggested to me that it is a better deal to just do the Deluxe Plan for one of the rooms.

So how does that work? Can anyone use the credits even if in the room not on the plan? Is there a difference between Adult and Child TS Credits? Appreciate any advice or clarification you can give me.

We typically have family who lives locally join us for a few days every trip. We get the deluxe plan for us, and are able to use our extra credits for them. I think you do have to be sure that everyone will either be together, or that at least someone from the room with credits will be with anyone when you are using the plan. Those not in the room with the plan will not be able to use the credits. Other than that, we have not had any issues having credits for a portion of our party and using them for everyone.

As of now, there is no difference in credits between adults and children on the deluxe plan. We will have to wait until 2018, when the inclusion of alcoholic drinks begins, to know if that will change how they track deluxe credits.

As of now, there is no difference in credits between adults and children on the deluxe plan. We will have to wait until 2018, when the inclusion of alcoholic drinks begins, to know if that will change how they track deluxe credits.

We’re also doing one room of two on Deluxe. They may change the rules in January, but it won’t be because of the alcohol change. Adult DP starts at age 10, and last time I checked, they can’t drink until age 21.

I personally think that if they continue to pool credits for the QS plan, they will continue pooling on the deluxe plan too, since credits can be used for QS.

Last edited:
We’re also doing one room of two on Deluxe. They may change the rules in January, but it won’t be because of the alcohol change. Adult DP starts at age 10, and last time I checked, they can’t drink until age 21.

I personally think that if they continue to pool credits for the QS plan, they will continue pooling on the deluxe plan too, since credits can be used for QS.

But if you're paying the child's price and using that credit to get an adult a meal, they CAN drink alcohol. At some point, Disney's bean counters will fix this.

We typically have family who lives locally join us for a few days every trip. We get the deluxe plan for us, and are able to use our extra credits for them. I think you do have to be sure that everyone will either be together, or that at least someone from the room with credits will be with anyone when you are using the plan. Those not in the room with the plan will not be able to use the credits. Other than that, we have not had any issues having credits for a portion of our party and using them for everyone.

That's interesting. I remembered reading that option here a long time ago but couldn't seem to find the thread when I needed it. One issue is not having as many snack credits, but that isn't such a bad thing. We routinely struggle to get all of those used during a trip. When do you think we would know if they are going to allow credits to be pooled in 2018?

And at any point during the year this can change

I am still surprised they have not unspooled credits. As more and more people understand how it works and how to use it to their advantage, more and more under. 9 yo plans are being used for adult meals

And at any point during the year this can change

And with little to no warning. Look at the announcements for the "pet friendly" hotels and the change for DME. They were announced 1-2 days in advance of taking affect. If they unpool the credits, they wouldn't even have to make an announcement since the brochure clearly states, "kids must order off the kid's menu, where available."

On DxDDP there is currently no difference and also currently all QS credits are together, with no designation.

How do they know what are child entitlements and adults

On the regular dining plan (1TS, 1QS, 2snacks), they are separated on your account. The restaurant can see how many adults and how many kids are on the plan, and how many of each credit is left on your account. On the QSDP and DxDDP, that separation does not exist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!