• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 OKW Questions

utahkennedys

DIS Veteran
We are very excited for our first trip "home" to OKW in September. I have 2 questions:

1. Can you rent boats at OKW?

2. I have read you can walk during the day to DD & SSR. How do you do that? Is there a marked path?

Thanks!

On question 1: You can, but, I personally prefer renting the boats on a Bay lake! You are somewhat relegated to Canals / Channels. That is my opinions - others may prefer this option.

On question 2: Others will prove me wrong - but the only path is the Golf Course! This route would get you back to SSR then you hike to DD. Would rather take the shuttle!

Also, please look if you plan to rent boats, bikes, etc. please look at mousesavers.com. They give you info on some good rental packages that I have not found elsewhere.

Hope this helps - have a great time! Will be there next week - hope to see you!

I missed the Sep arrival - will not be there then - have a great time and WELCOME HOME!

If you want to walk to DTD, go to the end of the cul-de-sac beyond building 55 and bear left after you cross the bridge. It will take you on the outer rim golf cart path along the canal and when you get to the end, you can either turn left across the bridge and get to SSR, or you can go straight through the CDS parking lot to the WestSide of DTD.

Just to clarify, the path is NOT a golf cart path, it is a true walking path.

There is one very small section where it does share a golf cart path for a very short distance if you cross the bridge to go to SSR, (The path has a white line down the middle, golf carts on one side, pedestrians on the other) and also for a very short distance just on the near side of the SSR bridge, but that's it. If going to DD, the path follows the water's edge all the way to the WestSide. You do not actually walk through a parking lot.

On question 1: You can, but, I personally prefer renting the boats on a Bay lake! You are somewhat relegated to Canals / Channels. That is my opinions - others may prefer this option.
I agree Bay Lake is more wide open, but once you navigate thru the canals from OKW you do come to the wide open area in the DD area. We usually have our pontoon picnics there. :flower:

Thanks everyone! Just to clarify, on the map of OKW I have it shows a dotted line for a jogging path, is that what we follow? I cannot wait! Plus, then I can really check out BWV & BCV to see if we want to add-on there! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter