***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Is she independent or does she work for an agency?
She's independent, so I don't think there's anyone I can really call. She's affiliated with another agency/network, but she's independent. I feel like if I called Disney at this point I'm not even sure what they could do.

@Maryemcd Did you have fun this weekend in my old stomping grounds? M and I used to live there, but funny enough, we never went to S&S. We did go to the restaurant next door many times though.

@LBlovesM&WDW - Yes! I've been to several scrapbooking events there over the past few years and spent a weekend there about 10 years ago, but until this weekend didn't realize how much I haven't seen of the area. My family moved to northeastern PA when I was ~12 and lived there for about 18 years and then I moved to the Lehigh Valley so we have never been more than 3 hours away!

I went with my 2 aunts to see Samson at Sight and Sound Theater, which was very cool with a lot of effects and live animals. On Friday we took a 90-minute tour around the countryside to learn about and see the Amish and do some shopping. Then, it was scrapbooking for the rest of the weekend. Everyone wants to go back for some more touring and my aunts want to bring my uncles with them.

I think it's technically due by 11/4 or 11/5 since my check in date is 12/4, but still she should pay it off when I asked. She's useless, and I feel like the more I nudge the more I get ignored. I emailed her last Sunday and she responded Tuesday night. I got her on the phone Wednesday she said she'd pay it off that day. We'll it's now Monday and nothing!
That's horrible!! I really hope she gets it done soon! If you can't call Disney now, maybe call them once your trip is done or once your trip is paid for... I'm
Not certain what they can do but it'll be good to let them know.

I had posted these earlier here and also on the spreadsheet. I'm going to post them on the December Cancelled ADR thread now. PM me if interested.

All are for 3 people

Sun - 12/4 2:35 PM A Buffet with Character Lunch at The Crystal Palace
Sun - 12/4 6:15 PM A Buffet with Character Dinner at The Crystal Palace
Tue - 12/6 1:50 PM Sanaa Lunch
Tue - 12/6 3:00 PM Donald's Dining Safari Lunch at Tusker House Restaurant
Wed - 12/7 8:15 AM Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
Thur - 12/8 1:40 PM Donald's Dining Safari Lunch at Tusker House Restaurant

oops, just realized that I have this one too. Now with JibJab finalized, this is too late for me so we'll go at 3:10 and I'll cancel this one. Posting here first.

3 people
Mon - 12/5 5:30 PM
Minnie's Seasonal Dine Dinner at Hollywood & Vine

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/10/disne...day-trees-among-new-line-2016-holiday-season/

Shared by others on different threads, for those who plan to go to Disney springs :)
I am still trying to decide whether to see Santa at DS or at DS lol. Disney springs or studios.

I'm thinking that the m&g is going to be SUPER cute at the studios.... very "miracle on 34th street" with the retro hollywood department store feel. But it will be a line.

The pager system at disney springs rocks, it will take very little time out of our time there because no line. it's alright just not as cool (to me lol, don't think kiddo cares) as HS. But to be honest it could be either because our day looks like this:

9:35 Ohana
Disney Springs
maybe swim maybe not
4:30 H&V w/F!
7:00 F!
Epcot

so we could either see santa at disney springs or maybe go to studios early to do santa before dinner there... kind of 6 of one, half dozen of another imo.

oops, just realized that I have this one too. Now with JibJab finalized, this is too late for me so we'll go at 3:10 and I'll cancel this one. Posting here first.

3 people
Mon - 12/5 5:30 PM
Minnie's Seasonal Dine Dinner at Hollywood & Vine
I saw that @LBlovesM&WDW was looking for a dinner this day but as a f! Package and for a bit earlier. But thought I'd tag her just in case

Um I am having a completely crazy moment. Totally crazy.

We are flying out at 2pm on Friday Dec 2nd getting in at 5pm. All I have planned for that day is dinner at Sanaa at 6:45pm.

There is really no great time to fly out earlier, the next earlier flight is at 6:25am, getting in at 10am. it is also expensive, I suspect it would cost me $150 to ugprade to it, maybe a bit more (for both of us) and is probably a much more crowded flight given that it is the most expensive one of the day.

but

I have 7 Day PH but am only using 6 of the days
I also cannot fit in the DVC merry member mixer at Epcot but I would be able to go to the one on Friday December 2nd if I took the earlier flight
I have already made my ferry reservation and it is for the day before

cons
we'd have to get up stupid early to get to the airport on time - I am giving a whole day to travel but at the same time we don't have to get up very early.... I'm guessing I'd need to also spring for a room at an airport hotel and still be up by 4am or maybe 4:30.
extra expense of hotel room at airport (that I was originally planning on anyway but eliminated by going a day early and not flying at a stupid time).

basically i have some extra money in my vacation account and i have an extra day on my PH both burning a hole in my pocket, but worried about the impact of getting the kiddo up so early... though if we end our day with dinner at 6:45 it might not be SO bad. right? right? someone talk me down from the ledge?!

there would be no FP+ and nothing much planned, maybe hit the outlets on the way in then to Epcot for QS lunch @morocco, the merry member mixer, maybe ellen's energy adventure because I want to do it and know i can get on it with no wait or maybe grab some SDFP or whatever then back to the resort on the earlier side to check in and freshen up for dinner, then an early night in anticipation of morning EMH the next morning at AK.

Last edited:

We are flying out at 2pm on Friday Dec 2nd getting in at 5pm. All I have planned for that day is dinner at Sanaa at 6:45pm.

There is really no great time to fly out earlier, the next earlier flight is at 6:25am, getting in at 10am. it is also expensive, I suspect it would cost me $150 to ugprade to it, maybe a bit more (for both of us) and is probably a much more crowded flight given that it is the most expensive one of the day.

but

I also cannot fit in the DVC merry member mixer at Epcot but I would be able to go to the one on Friday December 2nd if I took the earlier flight

cons
we'd have to get up stupid early to get to the airport on time - I am giving a whole day to travel but at the same time we don't have to get up very early.... I'm guessing I'd need to also spring for a room at an airport hotel and still be up by 4am or maybe 4:30.
extra expense of hotel room at airport (that I was originally planning on anyway but eliminated by going a day early and not flying at a stupid time).

basically i have some extra money in my vacation account and i have an extra day on my PH both burning a hole in my pocket, but worried about the impact of getting the kiddo up so early... though if we end our day with dinner at 6:45 it might not be SO bad. right? right? someone talk me down from the ledge?!

there would be no FP+ and nothing much planned, maybe hit the outlets on the way in then to Epcot for QS lunch @morocco, the merry member mixer, maybe ellen's energy adventure because I want to do it and know i can get on it with no wait or maybe grab some SDFP or whatever then back to the resort on the earlier side to check in and freshen up for dinner, then an early night in anticipation of morning EMH the next morning at AK.
I'm not going to talk you down because I'm doing almost the exact same thing. Our flight leaves around 6:15 am and we are NOT morning people. I'm considering spending the night at an airport hotel to avoid any last-minute packing issues that could delay us, but haven't decided for sure on that yet. Good luck with your decision!

but

cons

I think you asked the wrong group of people to talk you down. In fact i think this thread will do the opposite talk you into doing it.

Personally, I tried to find ways to add time to our trip.... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

@JamieOak Sorry about the turkeys and hope your week gets better. You are certainly going to need a vacation after all this.

I think it's technically due by 11/4 or 11/5 since my check in date is 12/4, but still she should pay it off when I asked. She's useless, and I feel like the more I nudge the more I get ignored. I emailed her last Sunday and she responded Tuesday night. I got her on the phone Wednesday she said she'd pay it off that day. We'll it's now Monday and nothing!

I feel like she's holding your payment, and in essence, your vacation hostage. I would certainly go over her head. I'm sorry you have to deal with this incompetence.

but

cons

I might talk you over the edge! I added a night at the airport hotel onto both ends of our trip. We fly out Thanksgiving night and stay at the Marriott on reward points and head to Universal very early the next morning. The Thanksgiving day flight was cheaper though, so I had that to help convince me. Then we go back to the Marriott our last night, since we added that night on to the trip after our resort reservation was set. Again, staying on reward points there at least. I just couldn't bring myself to pay another $300 for an extra night at the BW, even if we downgraded to a regular resort room instead of the villa. And now we fly home at a more leisurely time on Monday, so we don't even have to wake up that early.

I say do it! :banana:

@Lisa F you chose the wrong ppl to ask... like everyone else here, I moved my trip a little earlier. I was initially supposed to go on Dec1, then it was Nov30 8pm flight which got us in around midnight, then I moved it to Nov 30 10am wherein I had to book an extra vacation day from work! :rotfl:

Seriously though, I think it's ok as long as your son can handle it. If you get up that early though, I'd still be prepared for an early night. My first day plan (w/ us waking up at around 5am still since its considered a intl flight) is just to see Xmas decors around the universal resorts and walk around city walk. No parks.

I'm not going to talk you down because I'm doing almost the exact same thing. Our flight leaves around 6:15 am and we are NOT morning people. I'm considering spending the night at an airport hotel to avoid any last-minute packing issues that could delay us, but haven't decided for sure on that yet. Good luck with your decision!
I think you asked the wrong group of people to talk you down. In fact i think this thread will do the opposite talk you into doing it.

Personally, I tried to find ways to add time to our trip.... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I might talk you over the edge! I added a night at the airport hotel onto both ends of our trip. We fly out Thanksgiving night and stay at the Marriott on reward points and head to Universal very early the next morning. The Thanksgiving day flight was cheaper though, so I had that to help convince me. Then we go back to the Marriott our last night, since we added that night on to the trip after our resort reservation was set. Again, staying on reward points there at least. I just couldn't bring myself to pay another $300 for an extra night at the BW, even if we downgraded to a regular resort room instead of the villa. And now we fly home at a more leisurely time on Monday, so we don't even have to wake up that early.

I say do it! :banana:
@Lisa F you chose the wrong ppl to ask... like everyone else here, I moved my trip a little earlier. I was initially supposed to go on Dec1, then it was Nov30 8pm flight which got us in around midnight, then I moved it to Nov 30 10am wherein I had to book an extra vacation day from work! :rotfl:

Seriously though, I think it's ok as long as your son can handle it. If you get up that early though, I'd still be prepared for an early night. My first day plan (w/ us waking up at around 5am still since its considered a intl flight) is just to see Xmas decors around the universal resorts and walk around city walk. No parks.

Well I did it. Cost me $132 to make the change but I did it. I talked to kiddo's dad and he said he did great waking up at 4am, in fact he was up first and woke all of them up. He was definitely flagging during fireworks though (they went to watch the Disney Studios fireworks from outside, the old fireworks where you could do that - they did not have parkhoppers). Which is fine, I will keep my 6:45 Sanaa dinner which will be perfect if the merry member mixer ends at 5:30 (which is when it always has before) and then after dinner we will go to the room and relax and chill and he will go to bed at his regular time (8:30 or so) and be up at our normal wakeup time (6-6:30am or so) for EMH at AK the next day.

Also having the extra time at Epcot means that we can probably just RD soarin' and maybe do it twice, have breakfast at garden grill and get an earlier start at MK on our switchover day.

What sent me over the edge was finding a very cheap hotels at the airport. Now I am just trying to decide if I want to do a "park sleep fly" or get up and move my car to the economy lot.

Tee hee... our original trip wasn't supposed to begin until 11/28. Then we moved our flight to go down two days earlier on the 26th, but we weren't going to arrive until after 11. Then we moved it again so we'll be in Orlando by noon that day! Now we're set and I'm not touching it again!

but

cons

I'm going to try and talk you out of it. Don't do it. You'll make yourselves really tired and then perhaps not enjoy the day because your kiddo will be tired. And If you are at all like me you'll be up late the night before anyway getting stuff ready and will get basically no sleep. Plus if I recall correctly you have an early start the first day you planned already? This might mess with your schedule for your two early days at the beginning of your trip. Remember your meltdown picture you posted last month or so? Ok, that's my best effort.

Edit: never mind since I was late posting. I'm sure you guys will have a great time! Just take a nap if you all need!

I'm going to try and talk you out of it. Don't do it. You'll make yourselves really tired and then perhaps not enjoy the day because your kiddo will be tired. And If you are at all like me you'll be up late the night before anyway getting stuff ready and will get basically no sleep. Plus if I recall correctly you have an early start the first day you planned already? This might mess with your schedule for your two early days at the beginning of your trip. Remember your meltdown picture you posted last month or so? Ok, that's my best effort.

Edit: never mind since I was late posting. I'm sure you guys will have a great time! Just take a nap if you all need!
lol well I won't be up late the night before because I have a ferry booked at 6:15 the night before! so the night before that I will be up late! I already had my ferry booked for thursday night, I never leave it to chance/weather the day of. If the weather looks like it will interfere I am going to have to try to get off island earlier and just deal with that.

I did make the change and I booked a park/sleep/fly rate for the hotel so we will drive up the night before, stay at the hotel, and get their shuttle to the airport. it is a 6 minute WALK so I assume it is like a 2 minute ride. it is a dinky little airport, so traffic is not an issue.

So we can probably get up around 4:45am and catch the shuttle at 5:30am and the flight is actually 6:50 and not 6:25 like I had thought. We'll land at MCO at 10, and I might hit some outlets on the way to WDW (something I did not have time for before, but only if there are good dooney purses there) and go to Epcot for lunch and for the afternoon (with no FP+, may make a SDFP if I can get Soarin' from 5-6pm and hit that on the way out lol). Hoping the merry member mixer is 3:30-5:30 as it has been in previous years, may have the chance to hit more of the storytellers on our way there. leave epcot right after and head to the resort and check in. Dinner at Sanaa at 6:45 (will try to check in 15 minutes early) and then up to the room and go to bed by 8:30 or so which is kiddo's regular time. He is an early riser and honestly I can get myself up at 4:45 and shower and then get him up at like 5 or 5:15 or so... throw some clothes on him and get going.

We're not going to do too much really the first day, just get a head start on some rides, do the merry member mixer, not be rushing to dinner or worrying about weather delays for a plane that is not waiting there for us etc. I hope that is worth the $230 I just so casually spent lol.

then the next morning proceed with plan as planned. If he goes to bed regular time he will be up regular time (or earlier) ready to go.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter