1400 is tight!

jkh36619

DIS Veteran
Staying in 1700 but I missed my turn today so I used 1400 loop which is a premium meadow to get turned back around. Wow, it was tight! I don't think id want to stay there. Full loop was much easier to navigate.

Make sure which 1400 loop you are referring to, jkh36619.

1400 has an inner "lollypop" loop and an outer "lollypop" loop.

The outer "lollypop" loop has sites 1401-1446 and is wider/bigger.

The inner "lollypop" loop has sites 1446-1461 and is tighter/smaller.

Do you know which one you were in?

I don't care for that loop but some folks do because of its close location to the movie/singalong theater, the main pool, the bike barn, and the Meadow Trading Post.

Bama Ed

PS - so you're there at the Fort? Share some reviews and pix, man!

Last edited:
We have stayed in the 1400 outer loop before the new pricing level. At that time we had a smaller trailer, so it was not too bad. Location was nice as BamaEd stated for us going to the Campfire Singalong.

We went around the outside loop. Its didn't help that about everyone had a golf cart or car hanging out in the road.

We went around the outside loop. Its didn't help that about everyone had a golf cart or car hanging out in the road.

Oh okay that explains it. During a peak holiday time like now people are getting out at night to see decorations and go looping. And during holiday times you get LOTS of people who bring multiple families to camp together (and they bring multiple vehicles and try to get them on a Premium site). And sometimes they stick out or park a few tires off the pavement in the dirt.

Halloween time is bad like that too. Campers do fantastic site decorations and people want to come by, linger for a moment, and admire them.

Bama Ed

I completely agree. I'm also not crazy about 1400 (I know it is some people's favorite). Our first trip ever to the Fort was on the inner loop, but I had my old 31 ft 5er. It was fine and DS was 4 at the time, so being close to the campfire and pool was nice. The last time was right after hurricane Irma and we were on the outer loop, but in a very small site. Unfortunately, this was with the new 5er that is 42 ft. The site was as far away from the campfire as you could be and had to navigate all the way around, dodging wayward parkers when ever you wanted to come and go.

They tried to put me in 1400 two years ago and I asked for any other loop besides that one. At that point, the only Premium loop I had stayed on was 1400. With the smaller old 5er, I stayed on Preferred sites (100, 200, 300) after that initial visit on 1400.

Parking habits make all the difference on some of these loops. One badly placed truck or golf cart can turn it into a huge challenge.

j

Last edited:
Yes parking of vehicles is always what I tell people can make a loop or getting in to your campsite near impossible to navigate. Here is our arrival in October showing some vehicles on the end of the concrete skirting, and the golf cart that we nearly hit, cast member was cleaning the site off.

And then there’s our crazy family, who literally would never want to stay in any loop besides 1400...
We actually tried a different loop once and asked to move to 1400 after two nights- it just wasn’t the same experience for us. The movie, the sing along, the pool- all those things are what makes the Fort special for us, so we love that loop so much! ❤️ And the fact that my husband is an otr truck driver probably helps with the driving/ parking situations...

I hate 1400 loop. Been there twice and despised the very tight feel it had. Both times I had to change sites due to its small size.

Folks like it for proximity to movie though. I liked 1100, 900, and 400 significantly more.

I don't care for 1300 Loop. They put us there 2 yrs ago, Arnold had a hard time backing in our 44ft Toy Hauler. We had a golf cart in the way & our site was on a curve to back end. But after a few tries & a nice man helped, he got it in. We always use 900 or 700. Our favorite is 900.

And then there’s our crazy family, who literally would never want to stay in any loop besides 1400...
Little Bear (1400) has always been our 1st choice...I know, call us crazy too. For us, it's because the smaller loops seems to produce less traffic/road noise. Although decorating season is never quiet regardless of loop.

Our 37' Jayco 5er navigates the loop okay, unless there's a parked car/golf cart, especially on the curve. Usually, either our diesel gets their attention or the horn. But we also arrive early to try for a check-in before noon. That's generally before the "new" crowds arrive and reduces the congestion factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter