11:00 am flight home??

lijory

Earning My Ears
Hi,

My family and I are going on a 3 night in April 04. I have been checking flights and found a $200.00 roundtrip on American. The only problem is its either an 11am or 7pm flight home. Does anyone honestly think we could make an 11am after getting off the boat? If not, what would you recommend doing for the day if we took the 7pm?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!!!!

I seriously doubt you could make the 11, especially since they want you at the airport 2 hours prior to departure now. I would take the 7PM and spend the day at Down Town Disney and do some shopping and stuff. It is a nice way to end any Disney vacation! If not you could do NASA. But, I would take the late flight.

We're sailing on Saturday and have a 11:15 am return flight, so remind me after the 27th and I'll let you know if we made it!;)

I say: where there is a will, there is a way.
However, Disney does not encourage booking flight before 12. It may be tight, but let Disney know your flight time and they will be sure you're one of first to get off. It could also depend on your transpo to A/P. Both times we have been lucky and gotten off the ship by 8-8:30 w/driver waiting. With appx less than 1 hr drive to A/P, we had no problems making our 11:30 flight with 2 hrs. to spare. If you don't want the stress and rush, maybe you should consider the later flight. There is plenty to do in the area,
including many shops at the A/P. Good luck in your decision.

I would hate the rush and worry of the 11am flight.

I would far prefer a leisurely afternoon at Disney market place, getting that last minute disney fix in, having a Ghirardelli ice cream sunday and lunch at the Wolfgang Puck's there.

But hey, that's just me.

Jim

Your post does not say where you are going to. Will the 7 PM flight put you back home at 3 AM or similar? We recently returned from the 4 day Wonder on Sept 11. There was a security issue at the pier. Disembarking was delayed for at least an hour or so (we were off by 9:30, but taking our time). I was told by the porter at the terminal that there were some big brown unmarked bags found on the pier which turned out to be cement bags. Breakfast can be very early & in the best case scenario you can be at the airport, but if something happens, maybe not. Consider insurance for the flight if it is not too much (less than the difference in fares). I think I saw some flight insurance on Access America's web site which covered delays etc.

Hi,

we were on the 8/16 7 day cruise and has a 12pm flight home.

I was very worried about making that, but we were in line to disembark as soon as the ship sounded the all clear (8:45am I think) and were on the bus to the airport by 10:30ish.

The major airlines have agents waiting for you outiside of the terminal so you check your luggage, get boarding passes etc before you even get on the bus to go to the airport.

We had plenty of time. 11;00 am may be tight, but if you get off the ship promptly and American airlines has a desk at Port Canaveral, you should be fine.

You might make the 11:00a.m flight on a Saturday but I doubt you will on Sunday.

Disney booked our airfare and had us on a 11:20 am flight. We had plenty of time. Ate breakfast in the dining room(early seating) , then did last minute potty stops, etc, did not rush out the door, got on the Disney bus transportation(2nd or 3rd one to leave) and were at the airport in plenty of time. We had US Air so we checked in at the port and all we had to do was go to the gate. I was concerned and asked on the boat and DCL told me, the latest you could get off the ship is 9am and it is an hour drive, you will be fine. I would not wait around for the 7pm flight, but that is me.

If Disney booked us on a 11:20, I would think you could do an 11 fine.

It is doable if nothing goes wrong. We have done a very early flight before, and this is how we did it:
Kept our luggage with us so we could leave immediately, without looking for it down in the terminal before going through Customs.
Skipped breakfast.
Used Happy Limo rather than the Disney buses so we knew our ride would be there and we would be able to leave immediately.
Since we live in Chicago, where there are a lot of flights to and from Orlando, we figured that in a worst case scenario we could fly standby on a later flight. However, we made it with plenty of time
On the flipside of the coin, twice we have had significant and unpredictable delays (thankfully, we didn't have an early flight either time). Once was when someone else mistakenly took our luggage. Disney wouldn't write up a report until literally everyone else took their bags, just in case the people realized their mistake and brought them back. The second time was when the terrorist alert level changed during the cruise, requiring people to show their birth certificate to disembark (no one had them ready, and it seemed like most people had them stashed in their luggage).
So there's both sides...the choice is yours!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com
Support apathy...or don't!

We sailed on the Wonder last week and made a 10:30 flight with lots of time to spare! We had been booked on a 1:15 flight with a layover in Atlanta (final stop Louisville, KY) but asked the Delta folks at the pier and they put on the 10:30 flight. We had early seating breakfast, went back to our room and weren't in the first group off the ship, we got off about 7:45, got our luggage and cleared customs by 8:00 left on a bus (after checking our luggage) by 8:20 or so and arrive at MCO (Orlando airport) by 9:15, checked in, had coffee and made ouor 10:30 flight with time to spare!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter