109.8 degrees- oops DS just updated 110

There are people dying in this heat...

Our heat index isn't as bad as some but we've had over 100 degrees for 20 days now and no rain. Our yards are dying. :(

We're loving the heat! We live in FL and our pool is always so cold that it's unusable w/o turning on the propane. With this heat we can use it without heating it, though! It's awesome! We've been in the pool a ton recently:thumbsup2

DH spent his day working in other people's attics fixing their central air. If you do have someone out to fix the A/C please take pity on them and offer them some water when they are done. DH said it was 140 up there today!

ETA - Sorry, DH said it was 130 not 140. I mis-heard.

We never get a "heat index" as part of our forecast, so I have no idea what ours is. It's been in the high 90s and low 100s here all summer, but yesterday and today have been nice in the early evenings because we're finally getting some rain!

It rained yesterday for the first time in 216 days!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

I love it here because while it's hot in the summer afternoons, the nights and mornings are cool. For example, the low tonight will be 61 degrees, but the predicted high tomorrow is 99 degrees. So we wake up nice and cool, the temps build throughout the day, and then cool off in the evening.

Sorry for those who are suffering.

Here's a picture I took last year on a day when it was 105 degrees (in very early June). We decided to burn an egg on the dashboard of one of our old cars. We cracked the egg in a pan and then set it on the dash board for a few minutes. It worked!!!

hotday.jpg

I'm actually not minding the heat, even without a/c at home. We spent most of the day at the library and the river, and the kids are having a great time with a summer hot enough to want to swim in the rather chilly water at our local beach. In the shade the breeze makes even 101 tolerable.

We had a break today. Only got up in the 90's. Heat Index was 109-115. It was our fair week. Had big storm on Friday, all day, then the heat hit. Could only go to the fair for 1/2 hr. The fair grounds were all mud where the rides were. It was really a mess. Suppose to heat up again next week.

We never get a "heat index" as part of our forecast, so I have no idea what ours is. It's been in the high 90s and low 100s here all summer, but yesterday and today have been nice in the early evenings because we're finally getting some rain!

It rained yesterday for the first time in 216 days!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

I love it here because while it's hot in the summer afternoons, the nights and mornings are cool. For example, the low tonight will be 61 degrees, but the predicted high tomorrow is 99 degrees. So we wake up nice and cool, the temps build throughout the day, and then cool off in the evening.

Sorry for those who are suffering.

Here's a picture I took last year on a day when it was 105 degrees (in very early June). We decided to burn an egg on the dashboard of one of our old cars. We cracked the egg in a pan and then set it on the dash board for a few minutes. It worked!!!

hotday.jpg

Okay, we're going to have to try this tomorrow. If for no other reason that to give the kids something to do. :banana::lmao:

I'll play along...Today was our 60th day over 100 this year. That's actual temp. We're pretty used to the heat but the worst drought in 80 years is a real problem

We put in a pool this year. We have had record low temperatures all summer. It's struggling to get to 76 degrees today.

I would love some hot days! We are in the desert and is usually is 100+ during the summer.

Where are you? We were only in the 60's today. Did youbsee the article today that said we've had 78 minutes above 80 degrees this year? Crazy.

111 degrees here with the heat index!

Our central air broke last year and given that it was 25 years old, the whole system needed replaced. According to my divorce papers, my ex-husband is suposed to do all home repairs but refuses to fix anything and now we are in the middle of a messy court battle and still NO central air!

So we have 1 window unit in the master bedroom. The kids are camping out on the floor and we have moved the X-box into the room as well!

Should cool off by Monday I think!

Maybe you could find some fans at yard sales or thrift stores. I am sorry. I hope it gets straightend out soon.:hug:

111 degrees here with the heat index!

Our central air broke last year and given that it was 25 years old, the whole system needed replaced. According to my divorce papers, my ex-husband is suposed to do all home repairs but refuses to fix anything and now we are in the middle of a messy court battle and still NO central air!

So we have 1 window unit in the master bedroom. The kids are camping out on the floor and we have moved the X-box into the room as well!

Should cool off by Monday I think!

I'm so sorry for that, but on a good note - just think how much you are saving in electricity! I keep telling myself that as we were holed up in our bedroom with the window ac too.

We're hovering around the same temps. All kinds of "Stay Inside" warnings here.
We spent yesterday indoors for the most part. I didn't take ds to tennis lessons. The courts are all outdoor with no shade and running around for an hour in the sun at noon seemed like a miserable idea.
Today is supposed to be worse. We'll go to the park before 10 am and then spend the afternoon in the air conditioning again.
I don't mind it so much but I sure would like some rain. It's been over a month and my lawn actually "crunches" when you walk on it:rolleyes1

We have AC so we've stayed inside. I figure it's good practice for our WDW trip! Although I noticed yesterday it was cooler in FL than here!

I heard the city pools around here had to go to a "one in, one out" policy to deal with crowding - and then one was closed because of unruly users. I wouldn't have the energy to be unruly in this heat :headache:

It's expected to be 91 today instead of 99 LOL. Practically a deep freeze!

Okay, we're going to have to try this tomorrow. If for no other reason that to give the kids something to do. :banana::lmao:

Make sure the car is closed up and hot. Put the pan on your dash and leave it there for about 10 min. before you put the egg in it. Also, you might want to put a hot pad under the pan. We didn't do that and it left a mark on the dashboard from the hot pan. The car is old so it's not a big deal, but I don't want to be responsible for people damaging their dashboards.

Report back and let us know if it worked! Our heat is a dry heat, so that day there was probably around 10% humidity. I'm curious to see how an egg will fry using a "heat index" temp.

I was going to complain about how hot it is, then I realized that: 1) it isn't 109 degrees; 2) I'm not 5,700 miles from home; 3) I'm not dressed in a full BDU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and 4) There is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today! Thanks to all who serve.

101 here today 110 heat index. Love every minute of it! Even painted the laundry room!

I was going to complain about how hot it is, then I realized that: 1) it isn't 109 degrees; 2) I'm not 5,700 miles from home; 3) I'm not dressed in a full BDU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and 4) There is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today! Thanks to all who serve.

Amen & joining with you in praying for our brave men & women!

We are the same here in CT - 100 in the shade. I have left the ac long enough to vacuum the pool from inside the pool!! Other than than, to cool off we're going to Disney!!! We leave in 3 weeks and with this heat and humidity we will be well prepared for it.

well its just rain, rain and more rain here in the UK and I was thinking of putting the heating on!!!! My husband has just thrown me a rug to put over my knees like some ol' lady..I wish I could have some of your heat, well for a few days anyway!!:headache:

Right now in central NJ it feels like 120 :scared1:. The air quality is so bad and we're in a pretty rural area. I can't imagine how bad it is in more urban areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter