100 pt Direct Blue Card Minimum September 17,2019

That’s not a lot of advance notice. Other people hearing the same thing?

Assuming they will grandfather in all whom have 25 from years ago and others whom have the current minimum of 75.

Ack, are you kidding me? Was trying to buy a 100pt resale and going to buy a 75 add on. If this is true, will probably back out on the resale.

Unless it's the same guide someone posted on DVC Fan Facebook being told the same thing.

If people want to know, call your guide and ask. If this is common knowledge, they’ll tell you when asked. They don’t always have huge press releases with this stuff with the latest management team.

Assuming they will grandfather in all whom have 25 from years ago and others whom have the current minimum of 75.
Yes it was presented to me that it would be new purchasers. We are looking to add direct and I was getting some options.

Make a verbal confirmation for 75-points 9/16 and rescind 9/17 if the guide lied?
If he's lying he's definitely going all-in to try and close now. He has to know if I hesitate and this doesn't happen he's screwed for me as a prospect.

Reactions: cm8
Can't wait to hear from an insider on what the justification is. Maybe it's because they're doing so well, and many are just buying the 75 minimum for benefits....like ME!!

I emailed my “guide” Thursday to ask about adding 75 points and haven’t heard back yet. Guess I’ll have to call tomorrow morning.

I can tell you they did not give much notice last year when they bumped it to 75.If memory serves it was only announced on the member site. I don't think there was much other publicity. They also quickly started waiting lists for points. I was on one 1 week before the deadline for Saratoga. I hot a call 2 weeks after the deadline asking if I wanted the points.

I can tell you they did not give much notice last year when they bumped it to 75.If memory serves it was only announced on the member site. I don't think there was much other publicity. They also quickly started waiting lists for points. I was on one 1 week before the deadline for Saratoga. I hot a call 2 weeks after the deadline asking if I wanted the points.

There was around 3-4 weeks notice, at least, last time. If this is true, a 9 day warning is awfully quick.
It also doesn't make a ton of sense. Why increase it 200% last time, but only 33% this time? A lot of work for minimal benefit, especially considering the other resale restrictions regarding DVC2 already put into place.

There was around 3-4 weeks notice, at least, last time. If this is true, a 9 day warning is awfully quick.
It also doesn't make a ton of sense. Why increase it 200% last time, but only 33% this time? A lot of work for minimal benefit, especially considering the other resale restrictions regarding DVC2 already put into place.

I don’t think the percentage increase has much to do with anything. It’s more likely that they want nice round numbers to sell people. It’s easier to say “Riviera comes in at $188pp, so your entry level is 100 points for $18,800.”

Too add to your point about the time frame; I feel like the short turnaround kind of decreases the number of oh-crap-I-gotta-get-in-while-it’s-still-75-points purchases. $14,100 is a steep price and 75 points is a little too high for how my family travels, but for a difference of ~$3,000 with resale contracts we’ve been looking at its reasonable. A 100 point minimum prices out the biannual studio/1br crowd.

Reactions: cm8
Maybe to combat the general trend for people to buy small contracts of 75 points direct. These sales tactics are just more of the same...strong arm tactics to get people to overpay for their dvc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter