10% Discount After Cruise

Oh wow yes that sounds sketchy lol, I've seen others on here say their request never went through doing it that way and had to call to follow up. I was definitely expecting some sort of print out confirmation but I guess you have to just wait and trust it works out.

Is it true you book the placeholder and then book your cruise if you cancel or change you lose the discount? If so best I take my time and commit to the right cruise before settling

I'm paranoid, so I don't do the card thing. I always book my next cruise or placeholder with the desk agent.

I have changed cruises before and not lost my OBB benefits. Somehow I got my wires crossed with my friend and I booked the wrong cruise at first. It was just a quick phone call to change cruises and I ended up saving money because the new cruise was cheaper.

Is it true you book the placeholder and then book your cruise if you cancel or change you lose the discount?

If you cancel then yes you lose the discount. But you can change the date if you change your mind. As long as the new date is within the 24-month window and not a black-out date, the OBB benefits will be retained.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you cancel then yes you lose the discount. But you can change the date if you change your mind. As long as the new date is within the 24-month window and not a black-out date, the OBB benefits will be retained.

Enjoy your cruise!

Good to know, I hope to book an Alaskan cruise but hard to know so far ahead if better destinations like Hawaii will open up

This is good because you guys just had me worried about losing the discount. At this point I have no idea what cruise we will want to take next, only that it will be sometime in the next 24 months lol. Does anyone know what the OBC amounts are? Assuming it's based on the cost of the cruise. Also if I rebook though DU do I get the Disney OBC and the Dreams unlimited OBC as well? (Assuming they are still offering that as a perk for using them)

The OBC for an OBB depends on length of cruise: $200 for cruises of 7+ nights or $100 for shorter cruises.

You can transfer an OBB to a TA. I believe most will not give their full perk for a transferred reservation. With Dreams you still receive some amount of OBC and that is in addition to the $100 or $200 for the OBB. Other TAs you would need to ask what they offer on a transferred reservation.

Enjoy your cruise!

The OBC for an OBB depends on length of cruise: $200 for cruises of 7+ nights or $100 for shorter cruises.

You can transfer an OBB to a TA. I believe most will not give their full perk for a transferred reservation. With Dreams you still receive some amount of OBC and that is in addition to the $100 or $200 for the OBB. Other TAs you would need to ask what they offer on a transferred reservation.

Enjoy your cruise!
Awesome that is exactly what I was wondering. We had our placeholder set up with our dreams agent we were using for our current cruise. They are awesome!

I thought Dreams also reduced their OBC on transferred reservations?

I said some amount of OBC in addition to the OBB amount. Maybe I should have been clearer by indicating it's a lower amount than booking directly through the TA.

How many cruises do you have? And have you cruised since 2014?

5 completed, 6 paid for, number 7 in December 2017.1 in 1999, 1 in 2014, 2 were in 2015, 1 in 2016. Except for our very first one, all have been concierge. Received our print at end of cruise from concierge, have never received anything in the mail from DCL. Read about others receiving these magnets and post cards, they have never been sent to us.

5 completed, 6 paid for, number 7 in December 2017.1 in 1999, 1 in 2014, 2 were in 2015, 1 in 2016. Except for our very first one, all have been concierge. Received our print at end of cruise from concierge, have never received anything in the mail from DCL. Read about others receiving these magnets and post cards, they have never been sent to us.
It looks like you may have fallen "between the cracks" in the program. The program started in 2014. So, when you took your 2d cruise in 2014 you were already silver (so wouldn't have gotten the silver magnet). But you should have gotten the "postcard" ship picture. As well as after the next 2 cruises. After the completion of your 5th cruise in 2016, you should have gotten the gold magnet. I'd suggest you contact Castaway Club and ask for your magnet, if you want it.

It is crazy that we are going on our first Disney cruise this September for our honeymoon and we are already planning on booking another on board. This tread is getting me more excited for sure! We love Disney and DCL is very pricey so getting the 10% off + $100-$200 of OBC + OBC when you transfer to dreams is a great offer. Plus we buy Disney gift cards from BJ's online saving $5 for every $100 GC we buy. A little confused about the process though because this is our first time.

Did you happen to place a card in OBB box and it get misplaced? I would call and see what the status of your future cruise is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter