10% Discount After Cruise

Dr Gunnie

Still a kid
We just got off of our 2nd Disney Cruise and, unfortunately, didn't book anything while on board. I was just looking at some of the 2018 cruises and saw one that would work with our schedule. I seem to remember after our first cruise that about a month later, we got something in the mail offering us to book a new cruise and get 10% off. Is that common? Has anyone else received that offer? I'm just hoping that maybe we would get something similar this time, because if we do, I think I want to book cruise #3.

We just got off of our 2nd Disney Cruise and, unfortunately, didn't book anything while on board. I was just looking at some of the 2018 cruises and saw one that would work with our schedule. I seem to remember after our first cruise that about a month later, we got something in the mail offering us to book a new cruise and get 10% off. Is that common? Has anyone else received that offer? I'm just hoping that maybe we would get something similar this time, because if we do, I think I want to book cruise #3.
Unfortunately those are pretty random so I would not count on it. Lesson learned is always book a place holder while in board, it's only a $250 deposit and you'll have 2 years to use it.

I have never gotten a mail offer. I kicked myself the time we decided not to wait in line for onboard booking desk. Left without booking a cruise.

In over 11 cruises we received one once. I don't know what prompts them to send them out. We had not booked on board the time we received it though. Watch the mail :)

While there are sometimes (rarely) offers mailed out after a cruise for a future cruise discount, it seems that, when it does happen, it's after someone's first cruise, and not a subsequent one.

Unfortunately, it seems like a very long shot that you would receive a discount offer.

I'd have to agree with pp's. From what I've seen (we bring different family with us from time to time), the ones who are first time cruisers that don't book onboard typically get a 10% off coupon shortly after they return. The repeat cruisers who haven't make an onboard booking -- nothing.

It makes sense. First time cruisers could easily miss that there is a reservation agent onboard to help plan your next cruise so they want to convert them to repeat cruisers while their cruise is still fresh in their minds. I guess on your second cruise you're considered seasoned enough to know that you should take some time out of your current vacation to book a future one??

Unfortunately, it seems like a very long shot that you would receive a discount offer.

I'd have to agree with pp's. From what I've seen (we bring different family with us from time to time), the ones who are first time cruisers that don't book onboard typically get a 10% off coupon shortly after they return. The repeat cruisers who haven't make an onboard booking -- nothing.

It makes sense. First time cruisers could easily miss that there is a reservation agent onboard to help plan your next cruise so they want to convert them to repeat cruisers while their cruise is still fresh in their minds. I guess on your second cruise you're considered seasoned enough to know that you should take some time out of your current vacation to book a future one??
Makes sense.

After our 1st cruise in 2015 and not booking future cruise onboard, we did receive a 10% off discount and car magnet in the mail with our Welcome to Castaway Club letter/member id info. I did take advantage of it and booked another cruise, although did not get any OBC, just the 10% off. After our last cruise...nada!

We've never received post cruise artwork, post cards, or magnets.

That is strange, I have always received artwork every time after a cruise and whenever we switch castaway levels, always have received a magnet with the new level.

We received a post card type painting of the ship after our first cruise only.

Where do you go to book your placeholder, guest services?

Thanks for the replies - I figured it was a long shot and it was probably something they did for some first time cruisers. Oh well.

Where do you go to book your placeholder, guest services?

There's a dedicated future cruises desk on board, generally on one of the decks overlooking the lobby atrium (on the Dream it might be in their new Vacation Planning Centre, haven't been on the Dream since that area was added). They have cruise brochures and deck plans available to peruse, and a cast member that will give you a quote and book everything for you.

We booked onboard during our first cruise and still got the 10% off offer in the mail after we returned home. We have been on 3 additional cruises and always booked placeholders, but never received another 10% off offer in the mail. You could still cross your fingers, but don't wait too long because the prices increase!

We've never received post cruise artwork, post cards, or magnets.

I just took cruise #3 and received a cruise ship art work for the first time! I've never received anything else. I just emailed DCL and asked for my Silver magnet and they replied saying they would send it to me :) I'm in Canada and it seems Disney doesn't send us much of anything. So I don't expect anything lol (No after trip art work, we didn't get the cute data sticks, we don't even get our magic bands mailed to us.)

Were in Canada too on,y thing we hit was the art post card, yup no magic bands were so lucky lol. I actually prefer to get them at check in.

I will definitely be making sure I have $250 set aside to book a placeholder, didn't know it wasn't the full deposit that why we never did before couldn't afford it after taking a cruise but $250 is doable

We just got off the dream recently and put a deposit down on a future cruise....or something like that lol I'm not really sure what we did to be honest! All I know is we went to a spot to right next to Shutters and told the lady at the counter we wanted to see about putting a placeholder deposit down for a future cruise and she directed us to the center of the room where they had a wooden box and a postcard looking thing we were to fill out with our info and place it in the box. We did this and asked her again if that was it and she said yup you got it lol! There was a spot on the thing we filled out where you could elect to go though the travel agency you used for your current cruise. Since we booked with Dreams Unlimited I just selected that. Whatever we did I got an email from our DU agent by the time we left the cruise saying she had gotten the info and to contact her when we were ready to cruise again. My Disney Visa was charged $250 also so I guess we did something right. I suppose I just thought there would be more to it other than putting a card in a box but I guess not lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter