10/24/2009 Bash on the Boat - Thread #1 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you feel better Karen :hug: :flower3:

Thank you - I do feel a tiny bit better today. I went to bed early and had paracetamol, decongestant and sat inhaling for about an hour and I can actually breathe a little today.

More drugs today and I should be ok. We dont have the same stuff in England - your drugs are waaay better than ours:lmao:

Sorry- was too busy trying to catch up and post.

GOOD MORNING Y'ALL!!!

HI ED! It's R.O.D. I see you are with B.O.B. Where are Y'ALL going?

(I came up with this in the shower this morning. Can you see I am sleep deprived and am just plain giddy this morning?)

Shelley,

You will have a lot to put together by the time the cruise rolls around. :rotfl: Very good though.

For everyone else,

Glad you like the title.

I never wrote down all the other ones, so maybe you can help me with what I used. This is NOT in the order I put them up:

JEFF - ?
TWIT - Traveling With Intoxicated Tourists
BORAT - Bring Own Rum And Tequilla
SANTA -
(there was one after SANTA, but I can't remember)
PACK -
CHOKE - Can't Have Our Konks Everyday
HI ED -
ROD - Rum Only Drinks
Y'ALL - Young And Lively Lushes​

I know I'm missing a couple, mainly in the beginning. Thanks for helping me remember.

Paige, you're half right! I thought his real name was Rod. I even called him that a couple of times on an excursion we went on with his family. They also sat near us at dinner every night. It was much later and after the cruise when I realized his name was not Rod at all!! No wonder I got funny looks from him and his wife.:lmao: :lmao:

So you met Jerkface on the cruise?:eek: - was he ok or was he a jerk? How did he know you were off the Dis?

Thank you - I do feel a tiny bit better today. I went to bed early and had paracetamol, decongestant and sat inhaling for about an hour and I can actually breathe a little today.

More drugs today and I should be ok. We dont have the same stuff in England - your drugs are waaay better than ours:lmao:

Morning Nancy, hope you fell better.

Scott

Thundersnow (yes that is actually a real thing!) is the worst! That is usually when you get BIG snow! Kinda like a hurricane in reverse.
yes I am a weather channel nerd

This morning they said on the news we broke a record for the largest temp change in a 24 hour period. It was 43 when I got up yesterday morning and this morning it was -6 with a wind chill of -25. Before the temps started dropping yesterday we had rain and thuder and then the temps. plummeted and we had a little BLOWING snow.

:goodvibes I could have some fun with these! Can anybody get me a whole list? If I have time I will try and go back and fish them out of the thread.

Shelley,

You will have a lot to put together by the time the cruise rolls around. :rotfl: Very good though.

For everyone else,

Glad you like the title.

I never wrote down all the other ones, so maybe you can help me with what I used. This is NOT in the order I put them up:

JEFF - ?
TWIT - Traveling With Intoxicated Tourists
BORAT - Bring Own Rum And Tequilla
SANTA -
(there was one after SANTA, but I can't remember)
PACK -
CHOKE - Can't Have Our Konks Everyday
HI ED -
ROD - Rum Only Drinks
Y'ALL - Young And Lively Lushes​

I know I'm missing a couple, mainly in the beginning. Thanks for helping me remember.

Thundersnow (yes that is actually a real thing!) is the worst! That is usually when you get BIG snow! Kinda like a hurricane in reverse.

So is thundersnow like our monsoons? Wind blows hard with thunder and lightning. Hard rain for about 10-20 minutes and then moves on?

Scott

I'm a weather channel nerd too It drives Al crazy, especially during hurricane saeson, I always have the weather channel on when there is a hurricane brewing

Hi DISNEYDUET I haven't "met you" yet, I'm here trying to get caught up since Sun. morning and there's a lot of pages to read through so I thought I'd say hi and welcome to our cruise!!!! I'm Cheryl and I'll be cruising with my DH Al and our DD Rachel who will be 15 at the time of the cruise. Rachel posts on here too as Tinker_belle so I'm sure you'll be getting to know her too if you haven't met her already. This will be our 6th DCL cruise on the Magic!

Hi Cheryl,

How are you guys doing?

And Kesley told me to pass on a good morning to Rachel as she was leaving for school this morning.

Scott

Cheryl,
If she is dead set on out of state, have her look at University California Davis, they have an awesome med school, and I'm about an hour away and she can come over and have a home cooked meal every once in awhile.....

Becky I don't really think that going out of state is what she wants as much as I think she just wants to go to school in a BIG city (but not Milwaukee of course ;) ). She loves the "excitement" of a big city, when we went to New York a few years ago she fell in love with it and said she wants to live there. Where is Davis, is it in or near one of the big cities in CA. I am really hoping she stays close to home and goes to school at UW Madison! We have a few years to figure this all out though.

I didn't even realize Charleston Place was gone :sad2: That is a place we were thinking of possibly staying in the next few years. I looked through the new book more closely since Sun. The concierge collection really did shrink alot this year, not too much left anymore.

The concierge collection has really shrunk this year - Mauna Lani in Hawaii is gone (which is the other option we were considering for next year), Charleston Place in SC is gone ... the hotels in VT and AZ are gone - I know there are some others that are missing from last year, but I can't remember them all.

And the DL Paris thing ... that's in the fine print where it would be nice and easy for people to overlook. :rolleyes:

And the Holland America cruise - we talked about doing that as well when we bought it. It was one of the options that convinced us to buy.

How about this one...

bob.jpg

Great job Heather :thumbsup2 I like it!

Hi Cheryl,

How are you guys doing?

And Kesley told me to pass on a good morning to Rachel as she was leaving for school this morning.

Scott

I'm busy catching up and didn't notice this. Whenever sleeping beauty, oops I mean Rachel, wakes up I'll let her know Kelsey said hi.

I'm busy catching up and didn't notice this. Whenever sleeping beauty, oops I mean Rachel, wakes up I'll let her know Kelsey said hi.

I will pass it on. Kelsey has a half day today at school. She should be home around 12ish so I will see her then.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter