1 Child and 10 Adults--A GG to Celebrate DD's 4th Bday :) TR Link is Posted

I'm still here. I've been a little MIA on the DIS because of the holidays. Congrats on finishing your semester!

I am joining!! :cool1: COngrads on finishing your semester. :goodvibes: Did I miss it somewhere, what are you getting your masters in. I too just finished my 3 semester (only 2 more, hours, and my test to go).
We LOVE Disney, my hubby, and 2 pirates. I will live tea and princess though you if you don't mind. Please be as detailed as possible. We did the pirate league last time we were there and it was an amazing time (they still talk about it) so all the extras although expensive are usually so worth it. :thumbsup2

I am not sure if you have seen it on this site. There are some TALENTED people who will make iron ons for you that you can iron on your self (mine turned out great). We just came back from our 10th trip in Sept. with Nana and Paw Paw and I had some one make one for me with all our heads on it with different Disney hats on. Stitch, Pirate, Minne etc. They also made birthday iron ons with my kids names. I bought the shirts on sale so it was a nice inexpensive gift. I have to admit the one day everyone had matching shirts my DH was a bit embarrassed, but he smiled and did it for me.:love:

I LOVE and recommend Tusker house. We try and make an early reservation so we can be finished as the rope drops. This time we were not as lucky but it worked out. My DH ran and got us all fast passes for the safari as we were waiting to eat and we walked right on after breakfast. (although I should have eaten less with all the bumps). The food there is so good, they have some great African dishes as well as Krispie Cream so all will be happy. This is one we never miss. When we went in Sept. there were some rides that did not offer Fast Passes because the lines were SO SHORT!! Sept is a great time to go.

I can go on and on but I will stop. Can't wait to learn more about your trip. thanks so much for sharing.:lovestruc

oh one last thing, Don't miss out on Epoct there are some great things there for all ages.

:welcome: to my PTR!! I am happy to have you here. I am working on my MS in Library and Information Science with the plan to continue onto my PhD because I would like to teach and do research. What are you working on?

Of course you can live vicariously through me with princesses and tea parties!! :thumbsup2 See, I don't think I will ever do the pirates league, so I have to hear about all that through the lovely folks here on DIS!! It's a great trade off. :goodvibes

I am planning shirts. I have one DISign done already. I am working on a few myself. I will post them in another thread. :woohoo: I LOVE that there are others who give their time so generously to others by making DISigns for us. I know there are a few others I have listed I would like to get done but cannot request yet, specifically the BBB salon and the tea party. I think that would be really special for Lilian to have not to mention a great edition to the scrapbook afterwards! :goodvibes

Did you TH as breakfast all the times? That is definitely what we are leaning towards. I am hoping we luck out with September being "quiet" for Disney. :rotfl: I am sure the "quiet" is not all that quiet to some but compared to summer or March, I am hoping to be thrilled with the lack of bodies around! :laughing:

Oh we are not missing Epcot!! Despite what my sister believes, my DH and I thoroughly believe it is meant for children--just in a different way than the other parks. That is what makes Disney so special, IMO, because there is something for everyone.

Keep sharing!! PLEASE!!! :cloud9: Having started this PTR so early, I did it to hopefully get as much feedback on my plans and other suggestions and tips as I can before I go!!

I'm joining too. I've planned many family trips to WDW, 2 of them as large groups. Earlier this year we did 10 adults and one 3, almost 4, year old boy. I did live to tell about it but oh my, it was a lot of work putting that trip together. :rotfl: We had matching shirts for every day of the trip (8 days) and I finally had to enlist my husband's help or I would have never finished the 88 shirts.

Can't wait to see your plans unfold.

:welcome: to my PTR!! I am so glad to have you aboard for the long haul. I am going to be asking lots of questions about how you managed such a large group (which I know is not large to some!). Balancing and juggling that many people's preferences seems daunting to me. DH and I keep saying we are planning the trip for my DD, Lilian, as she is the reason we are going down in the first place. Whew, matching shirts everyday!! I think we are planning on doing one or two shirts. Those who are going, it will be pulling teeth to get them to wear any of the shirts period. I think I will be making one or two for just my family (the three of us). :goodvibes

I'm still here. I've been a little MIA on the DIS because of the holidays. Congrats on finishing your semester!

Yay! I am glad you are still here. I hear you about the holidays, I think I have managed to be on twice since my semester ended. :rotfl: And I thought I would have extra time!

Thanks! I am happy to be done to take a breathier before the next semester begins in January.

Hello!!

I am sorry I have been neglecting my PTR! :sad2: Things have been a bit crazy since I wrapped up this semester. I also needed a few days in which I did not get on my computer at all. :scared1: That is unbelievable for me!! :rotfl2:

We went to take Lilian to see Santa--oh my, that was hilarious! I hope it does not forecast the future or we are in a world of trouble! :rotfl2: With that little tidbit to perhaps entice you, I will hopefully be back by Monday with the story.

On trip planning front, we are heading down to visit DGM and DGP tomorrow. It will be lovely to see them but I have to say I am a little worried about bringing up Disney with DGM. She is the Disney veteran, and I am the newbie so she tries to force or shall we say highly persuade me to her line of thoughts.

I am going to be bringing up the topic of dining choices with her. I have to say, I have some additional thoughts on that. I think we may forgo Hollywood and Vine Character meal--I think we have too many and it seems the least appealing menu wise. So in DHS, I think we will eat a CS meal for lunch and then go back to EP for dinner, most likely somewhere in the WS.

I hope to be back this week with thoughts on the must dos in the parks. I am also working on putting together my binder. Right now I am working in a standard size binder. I am thinking for the actual trip, for in the parks, I will be making cards such as MRYPPNS showed on her latest combo PTR/TR. Click here, post #37 to see what I mean. If there is interest, I will post pictures once I have a chunk going.

I hope everyone is having a merry holiday season, whichever way you celebrate. Anyone doing any baking? That is the big thing on my to do list this week.

I will hopefully be back in the next day or so! Definitely by Monday!!! :surfweb: Until then, happy wishes to you and yours!

If you don't get to post before Christmas, I hope you and your family have a great one!

How did talking Disney with her go? ;)

What a crazy couple days! I will be back I promise for the next update. I am not sure when--it may have to wait until after the holidays. I have been baking up a storm and I am still not done! And we are having Christmas brunch here, so I have to get the house cleaned tomorrow! Here I thought I would have time after the semester ended...:lmao: I will have loads of time after the holidays :)

So, since I most likely will not be back--Happy Holidays to your and yours. I hope you have had a joyous season!! :santa:

Whew, I know I said I was not going to get this posted, but I am up waiting for the pumpkin cheesecake to cool so I can put it in the fridge and go to bed! :rotfl2: :stir:

So, DH and I have begun to discuss our tentative schedule. Of course this is likely to change but I do love to plan! :laughing::3dglasses With out further ado, here it is:

Saturday, September 11th: Arrival Day

We will be leaving from Valdosta, GA this morning to finish our drive down to Disney. :dancer: We are planning on leaving sooner rather than later in the morning, probably no later than 10:00. We will need a good night’s sleep since Friday will be a long drive for us! On the way down, we will stop at a grocery store in Orlando—we have been told there is a Super Wal-mart on our way so we will most likely stop there. On the shopping list (not finalized yet ;)) will be breakfast items, juice, etc.

We hope to be at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort by 3:00 at the latest. Hopefully sooner if I have my way! :rotfl: The room will be ready by then if the gods are smiling down on us. :cloud9: Drop off luggage, unpack groceries and head off into the parks!

I want Lilian’s first Disney experience to be Magic Kingdom!! So we will be heading there as soon as we can.

Park: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: hotel in Georgia
Lunch: On the way or at the resort when we get there
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern (my Dad’s request, along with DTD and EP)

Sunday, September 12th: Day 2​

Park: DHS for the day, EP-WS for dinner and Illuminations??
Breakfast: Resort room
Lunch: CS in DHS—Fairfax Fare is my first choice. Also considering Toy Store Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary
Break in the afternoon to go back to the resort to rest and/or swim
Dinner: Hop over to EP-WS, Le Cellier is our first choice :love:

Monday, September 13th: Day 3​

Park: EP-WS
Breakfast: Akershus Storybook Princess Breakfast, character meal princess:
Lunch: snacks
Dinner: Rose and Crown Dining Room—hopefully to get a spot out on the deck to watch Illuminations (if that is the case, than will not go to it the night before. DGM knows the chef so she can request her to mark us down for a specific type table). It would be amazing if it works out!!

Tuesday, September 14th: Day 4—Happy Birthday Lilian!! :)

Lilian’s 4th birthday is today! We will be taking her to BBB Salon in Cinderella’s Castle this morning. I am going to shot for an 8:30 appointment if possible. I believe they have before the park opens appointments. It would be great b/c we could get empty Main Street pictures!!

Park: MK
Breakfast: Main Street Bakery most likely after the park opens
Lunch: CS in MK
Dinner: 1900 Park Faire, Grand Floridian resort for Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner. We will also have her birthday cake delivered here.

Wednesday, September 15th: Day 5​

Today is the day we take a bit of a break. The guys will be heading off to one of the golf courses. Not sure which one yet, but will update once I do. The gals will be heading off to the Grand Floridian (again) for the My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party. After the tea party is finished, we will meet up with the guys at the resort and head over to DTD!

Park: ??? Could end up at one depending on how our plans change. I know I want to hit DTD “earlier” than just on our way out of town.
Breakfast: Resort Room
Lunch: Tea Party for the gals and the Golf Clubhouse for the guys
Dinner: Most likely OOT at DTD or Boardwalk. I am hoping WPE or EOS are put back onto the meal plan as a CS—than we would stay around and choose from them.

Thursday, September 16th: Day 6

The last two meals of today are bit shaky. Which is fine, I do not have to have everything planned! LOL :lmao: It will honestly depend on how long we are AK. I envision us sticking it out until after lunch because I would like to catch at least one show! Making it to both Finding Nemo and Lion King will depend on how Lilian does in the first one. Which would you recommend we start with?

Park: AK
Breakfast: Tusker House for Donald’s Safari Breakfast (Donald is a favorite of DH and my Dad)
Lunch: CS possibly at AK—Flame Tree BBQ? Back at the resort food court?
Dinner: Again, up in the air. We could take advantage of our PHs again and head over to another park for the evening and use a CS meal. We are looking good with those so far!

Friday, September 17th: Our last full day! :sad2: MNSSHP!! Day 7​

I still like the idea of going to the MNSSHP. I would love to take advantage of it because I am unsure when we would be down at Disney again when this is happening.

Park: EP-FW
Lunch: Coral Reef
Break back to the resort for swimming and nap. Need to do it definitely today in order to have energy to go to MNSSHP!!
Dinner: CS at MK during MNSSHP

Saturday, September 18th: Leaving day, Day 8 :sad1::sad:

We will be heading back home today. We are planning on getting half way to my Dad’s today. If we are up to it, we may pop over to a park to enjoy the morning after packing up the car and checking out. We have tickets for today as it is $12 to keep it on there. For $12, I rather have the ability to go to another park if we would like to do some last minute favorites. I would also like to hit up DTD if needed again.

Park: who knows?
Breakfast: Resort Room—gotta use up what is left!
Lunch: CS—in a park, resort or DTD (if any are picked up)
Dinner: Somewhere around Atlanta as it is about half way home to my Dad’s. That is where we will be stopping for the evening.

I would love your thoughts and feedback on what you guys think. I definitely need CS restaurant suggestions!! :) :goodvibes Thanks for the feedback in advance!

Hi!

I am planning my family's first trip to WDW sometime in September 2010.

I read through your PRT, and so far it's great. You're daughter is a cutie; love the red hair!!

Hi!

I am planning my family's first trip to WDW sometime in September 2010.

I read through your PRT, and so far it's great. You're daughter is a cutie; love the red hair!!

:welcome: to my PTR! I am glad to have you aboard for the long haul. :rotfl: It will be fun talking with someone who is planning on going around the same time. :) :banana: Are you planning on writing a PTR? :surfweb: Thank you--I think she is a cutie too but then again I am biased!

Hi Stephanie!! I'm joining in!! I'm so sorry I didn't realize you had a PTR until now!! But I'm all caught up and thought I'd give you my opinions on some things!! :goodvibes

Whew, I know I said I was not going to get this posted, but I am up waiting for the pumpkin cheesecake to cool so I can put it in the fridge and go to bed! :rotfl2: :stir:

So, DH and I have begun to discuss our tentative schedule. Of course this is likely to change but I do love to plan! :laughing::3dglasses With out further ado, here it is:

Saturday, September 11th: Arrival Day

We will be leaving from Valdosta, GA this morning to finish our drive down to Disney. :dancer: We are planning on leaving sooner rather than later in the morning, probably no later than 10:00. We will need a good night’s sleep since Friday will be a long drive for us! On the way down, we will stop at a grocery store in Orlando—we have been told there is a Super Wal-mart on our way so we will most likely stop there. On the shopping list (not finalized yet ;)) will be breakfast items, juice, etc.

We hope to be at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort by 3:00 at the latest. Hopefully sooner if I have my way! :rotfl: The room will be ready by then if the gods are smiling down on us. :cloud9: Drop off luggage, unpack groceries and head off into the parks!

I want Lilian’s first Disney experience to be Magic Kingdom!! So we will be heading there as soon as we can.

Park: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: hotel in Georgia
Lunch: On the way or at the resort when we get there
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern (my Dad’s request, along with DTD and EP)

Sunday, September 12th: Day 2​

Park: DHS for the day, EP-WS for dinner and Illuminations??
Breakfast: Resort room
Lunch: CS in DHS—Fairfax Fare is my first choice. Also considering Toy Store Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary We really enoyed the ABC Commissary on our last trip!!
Break in the afternoon to go back to the resort to rest and/or swim
Dinner: Hop over to EP-WS, Le Cellier is our first choice :love: We have ressies for Le Cellier in May and have heard nothing but GREAT things!!

Monday, September 13th: Day 3​

Park: EP-WS
Breakfast: Akershus Storybook Princess Breakfast, character meal princess: You will LOVE this breakfast!! It was soooo much better than breakfast at CRT! The princesses really take their time with you!!
Lunch: snacks
Dinner: Rose and Crown Dining Room—hopefully to get a spot out on the deck to watch Illuminations (if that is the case, than will not go to it the night before. DGM knows the chef so she can request her to mark us down for a specific type table). It would be amazing if it works out!!

Tuesday, September 14th: Day 4—Happy Birthday Lilian!! :)

Lilian’s 4th birthday is today! We will be taking her to BBB Salon in Cinderella’s Castle this morning. I am going to shot for an 8:30 appointment if possible. I believe they have before the park opens appointments. It would be great b/c we could get empty Main Street pictures!! YES!! Appointments start at 8:00 a.m. Ally had an 8:00 a.m. appt. last trip and has another one in May! I loved this time b/c we had time to get plenty of pics in front of the castle, go to the BBB, get more pics in front of the castle, get pics made at the Exposition Hall of Ally all dressed up (totally free if you have a BBB appt), AND get pics in front of the park ALL before the park opened so we lost no park time!!

Park: MK
Breakfast: Main Street Bakery most likely after the park opens
Lunch: CS in MK We LOVED Cosmic Rays for a CS. We got a half chicken and ribs meal that was TDF!!! Well worth the $$!!
Dinner: 1900 Park Faire, Grand Floridian resort for Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner. We will also have her birthday cake delivered here. I've heard this is wonderful! We have ressies here in May!

Wednesday, September 15th: Day 5​

Today is the day we take a bit of a break. The guys will be heading off to one of the golf courses. Not sure which one yet, but will update once I do. The gals will be heading off to the Grand Floridian (again) for the My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party. After the tea party is finished, we will meet up with the guys at the resort and head over to DTD! I cannot WAIT to hear about this tea party!!

Park: ??? Could end up at one depending on how our plans change. I know I want to hit DTD “earlier” than just on our way out of town.
Lunch: Tea Party for the gals and the Golf Clubhouse for the guys
Dinner: Most likely OOT at DTD or Boardwalk. I am hoping WPE or EOS are put back onto the meal plan as a CS—than we would stay around and choose from them.

Thursday, September 16th: Day 6

The last two meals of today are bit shaky. Which is fine, I do not have to have everything planned! LOL :lmao: It will honestly depend on how long we are AK. I envision us sticking it out until after lunch because I would like to catch at least one show! Making it to both Finding Nemo and Lion King will depend on how Lilian does in the first one. Which would you recommend we start with? We started with Lion King b/c it is the shorter of the 2. Nemo is approx. 45 minutes long. We ended up doing both and Claire (19 mo. at the time) did GREAT in both shows!!

Park: AK
Breakfast: Tusker House for Donald’s Safari Breakfast (Donald is a favorite of DH and my Dad) My SIL raves about this meal--they ate their last summer!
Lunch: CS possibly at AK—Flame Tree BBQ? Back at the resort food court? We ate at Pizzafari and LOVED it!!
Dinner: Again, up in the air. We could take advantage of our PHs again and head over to another park for the evening and use a CS meal. We are looking good with those so far!

Friday, September 17th: Our last full day! :sad2: MNSSHP!! Day 7​

I still like the idea of going to the MNSSHP. I would love to take advantage of it because I am unsure when we would be down at Disney again when this is happening.

Park: EP-FW
Lunch: Coral Reef
Break back to the resort for swimming and nap. Need to do it definitely today in order to have energy to go to MNSSHP!!
Dinner: CS at MK during MNSSHP

Saturday, September 18th: Leaving day, Day 8 :sad1::sad:

We will be heading back home today. We are planning on getting half way to my Dad’s today. If we are up to it, we may pop over to a park to enjoy the morning after packing up the car and checking out. We have tickets for today as it is $12 to keep it on there. For $12, I rather have the ability to go to another park if we would like to do some last minute favorites. I would also like to hit up DTD if needed again.

Park: who knows?
Breakfast: Resort Room—gotta use up what is left!
Lunch: CS—in a park, resort or DTD (if any are picked up)
Dinner: Somewhere around Atlanta as it is about half way home to my Dad’s. That is where we will be stopping for the evening.

I would love your thoughts and feedback on what you guys think. I definitely need CS restaurant suggestions!! :) :goodvibes Thanks for the feedback in advance!

Yay! You're going to go to Tusker House! You'll love it! It flies under the radar compared to some of the more popular character spots but it's so good! And a lot of fun!

I may be there the same time you go!!! My company is sponsoring an agent education program from 9/13-9/17 at WDW. I may sign up!!

Hi Stephanie!! I'm joining in!! I'm so sorry I didn't realize you had a PTR until now!! But I'm all caught up and thought I'd give you my opinions on some things!! :goodvibes

:welcome: Becky! I know you are busy so I did not expect you to pop over!! But I am glad you did!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the information for BBB Salon appointments! I thought I had read somewhere that appointments started at 8:00 a.m. That would be the goal so we can get empty Main Street pictures and in front of Cinderella's Castle!!

LOVE Le Cellier when we ate there on our only other trip, almost five years ago. It was really good! Yay for getting reservations there :banana:! I am excited about Akershus--for the most part, everyone seemed to enjoy it. :goodvibes

Thank you for joining my PTR for the long road ahead!! :yay:

Yay! You're going to go to Tusker House! You'll love it! It flies under the radar compared to some of the more popular character spots but it's so good! And a lot of fun!

I may be there the same time you go!!! My company is sponsoring an agent education program from 9/13-9/17 at WDW. I may sign up!!

Hello!

TH came on my radar after reading your TR and Crocko's TR. I am so excited!! I sure hope we can get early enough ressies as from what I read at others, they have a tendency to run behind! :goodvibes

It will be great if you go when are there!! :cool1: It would be great because perhaps we could arrange a DIS meetup. :thumbsup2

Hello!

TH came on my radar after reading your TR and Crocko's TR. I am so excited!! I sure hope we can get early enough ressies as from what I read at others, they have a tendency to run behind! :goodvibes

It will be great if you go when are there!! :cool1: It would be great because perhaps we could arrange a DIS meetup. :thumbsup2

I had a reservation a little after 8 and was sat within 10 minutes. That was only because we had to wait in a line for them to take our picture. I'm sure if you don't want that, you can just skip it. But when I came out of TH around 9:30-10, it was CRAZY outside!!!

Definitely count on a DIS meetup if I go!

We have also found Tusker House runs behind on seating but it's probably our favorite food at any character meal. It hasn't run behind as bad as Crystal Palace has. :eek:

We are also huge fans of Flame Tree BBQ and for a CS meal, it's not bad.

Having only boys, I haven't got to experience the girlie things but I will be changing that in 4 months when we take a 7 year old for her first visit.

Is your entire group planning to tour and do all meals together?

We have also found Tusker House runs behind on seating but it's probably our favorite food at any character meal. It hasn't run behind as bad as Crystal Palace has. :eek:

We are also huge fans of Flame Tree BBQ and for a CS meal, it's not bad.

Having only boys, I haven't got to experience the girlie things but I will be changing that in 4 months when we take a 7 year old for her first visit.

Is your entire group planning to tour and do all meals together?

Hello!

At this point, I am not a 100% who will be with us when. My Dad and DBIL will be with us probably at all points. DBF and her DH will probably do a full day behind the scenes tour this time around, so they will be absent at some point. MIL and FIL will be taking some time on Friday to spend time with a friend who lives about 15 minutes away from Disney. :cloud9: Hmmm...oh and DGM cannot go into AK (highly allergic to some of the tropical plants used--not pretty!) so it is doubtful she and DGP will be along that day, at least the part at AK.

SO it really is going to be hit or miss :rotfl: :confused3 I will be emailing everyone our plans, and confirming who is planning on being with us each day. Also, I plan on emailing everyone next month (like a few weeks from now :scared1:) about ADRs to see who is planning on attending which ones. My one request is everyone make it for dinner Tuesday evening (DD's birthday) at 1900 Park Fare.

I hope you have a grand time experience another side of Disney--the girly side!! :woohoo:

:welcome: Becky! I know you are busy so I did not expect you to pop over!! But I am glad you did!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the information for BBB Salon appointments! I thought I had read somewhere that appointments started at 8:00 a.m. That would be the goal so we can get empty Main Street pictures and in front of Cinderella's Castle!!

LOVE Le Cellier when we ate there on our only other trip, almost five years ago. It was really good! Yay for getting reservations there :banana:! I am excited about Akershus--for the most part, everyone seemed to enjoy it. :goodvibes

Thank you for joining my PTR for the long road ahead!! :yay:

No problem!! I'm just sorry I didn't see it sooner--I've been missing out!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter