1/14/07 Wonder Anyone?

3dog2kidmom said:
Thanks for the sweet offer -- I will keep it in mind!

We are almost at the "less than 3 months" mark!! Is anyone excited yet? Bella, have you decided on your ADRs yet?

Well, Im excited!!!!! ;)

Get that way about each and every Disney cruise, long or short!!

Cant wait to See the kids faces & the inlaws :teeth:
Worth every penny,,, :wizard:
They have No Idea, what they are in for! :grouphug:

For those that have not been on a Disney cruise, you have chosen wisely!
not just saying that!! because this is cruise 12 for us! 3rd time on the Wonder.
Just an awesome fun vacation!

Peter

I've not sailed with Disney, but with Carnival twice - just me with girlfriends. Have you been on other lines? Just wondering how they compare - really. I am quite certain that Disney will beat them hands down.

And can't wait to see how DH and the kids love it - they've never cruised before.

SOMEDAY I hope we can have "12 cruises" in our signature. On my first cruise there was a man who was sailing for the 80-something time. Impressive!

My kids are so excited to be on the "Mickey Boat". It is just after DD3 turns four, so it will be a big month for her! My extended family has let me do all the planning and has only read the info sent by our TA - no DIS boards, no Passporter. I hope they will be pleasantly surprised when they see the ship!

Yes I am so excited for my ticker to start with the 2 MONTH countdown! :banana:

I joined AAA and got my hotel for $50 (AKL) cheaper so I'm so happy about that. We decided just to eat at Boma for dinner that night and after much thought, I went with Ohana's breakfast as we decided DD would enjoy seeing Lilo and Stitch rather than Chip and Dale.

My parents are now talking about a family vacation (in which they will pay for!) for next Thanksgiving so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :yay:

Grrrr... still don't know what to do about passports. I called DCL and she says "You will not need one for your cruise in January, however, in the rare event you had a medical emergency say in the Bahamas, you would need your passport to fly home. So it is our recommendation that you go ahead and get one."

I really don't want to spend the extra $$ right now, especially for the kids who are 7 and 5 MONTHS right now!

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Bella8286 said:
Grrrr... still don't know what to do about passports. I called DCL and she says "You will not need one for your cruise in January, however, in the rare event you had a medical emergency say in the Bahamas, you would need your passport to fly home. So it is our recommendation that you go ahead and get one."

I really don't want to spend the extra $$ right now, especially for the kids who are 7 and 5 MONTHS right now!

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

See that is the catch!
and the reason we got them in the first place, other Countries may want them in the event of an emergency!

We have also done RCCL :rolleyes: , and a few on ships like Wind Jammer. :banana: :woohoo:

But the Sailboat we liked, was lost in the British Virgin Islands.
about 5 years back :sad2:
fun in a different way!

Thanks for the link -- I can't wait to read how the trip unfolds. What a magical thing to have happen!

Hygiene99 said:
:teeth: You know,I have been thinking!!

First of All, what day is Brunch? The Sea day right! :teeth:

Anyone intrested in doing brunch??? In the PRIVATE ROOM, of Palo.

Please let me know this room Seats 16 people! @ 10:30 AM :sunny:
-2 - hygiene99 -2 - Bella8286 -2 -3dog2kidmom would be 10 more. :teeth:

I will need you DCl conformation # and last name...

I will contact DCL PERSON :wizard: Via her email.
to try to arrange this.
If we are able to arrange this! that may take off the 3 am waking for some of you!
ok let me find that photo of the private room!
100_3088.jpg
Photo stolen from a trip report, long table off to the side very nice!
ecf6ee0a.jpg
I got this one mailed to me!
Deserts at Palo!

This is pending, that the room is not already taken or being used!
Will email dcl, only if we have enough to Almost fill the room! + -
:teeth:

Peter
We are taking 6 kids to the circus :crazy:
Tomorrow!
Saw the elephants today!
9 of them!
They had lunch in the North End in Boston!! Cannoli's :rotfl2: :banana:
I work Right Behind the Boston Garden.
Saw them exit the building!
Inspired me to get some tickets :rotfl2:
So 8 of us go off to the circus :dance3:

Hygiene99 said:
We are taking 6 kids to the circus :crazy:
Tomorrow!
Saw the elephants today!
9 of them!
They had lunch in the North End in Boston!! Cannoli's :rotfl2: :banana:
I work Right Behind the Boston Garden.
Saw them exit the building!
Inspired me to get some tickets :rotfl2:
So 8 of us go off to the circus :dance3:

Have fun! We went to see Ringling Bros. in Raleigh last year - the kids still talk about how fun it was! We are taking the girls tomorrow to see Disney On Ice - Princess Wishes. Just a little Disney fix to tide us over (get it - "tide" - ha, ha) until we can be on the Mickey ship!

Have fun at the circus, Peter! I bet the kids are excited. :teeth:

I need a little help figuring out how to get the bouncing Mickey... anyone?

Also, when do you need to know our info for Palo... even if we don't get the big room if there are 6 of us I wouldn't mind doing brunch at a table for 6 -- is that an option?

Hey look at our tickers... we have less than 3 months to go!!! :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

3dog2kidmom said:
Have fun at the circus, Peter! I bet the kids are excited. :teeth:

I need a little help figuring out how to get the bouncing Mickey... anyone?

Also, when do you need to know our info for Palo... even if we don't get the big room if there are 6 of us I wouldn't mind doing brunch at a table for 6 -- is that an option?

Hey look at our tickers... we have less than 3 months to go!!! :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

Yes we could also do that!! :thumbsup2

If that is the case I will make reservation online for that! :wizard:

someone let me know when the 75 day mark is! :lmao: :rotfl2:

Maybe they've changed it or that site is wrong, but allears.net says:

105 Day AR Events
Disney Cruise Line Excursions, Palo Dining, Kids Club -- Suite Guests, Romance Plan Only

90 Day AR Events
Disney Cruise Line Excursions, Palo Dining, Kids Club -- Castaway Club Members

75 Day AR Events
Disney Cruise Line Excursions, Palo Dining, Kids Club -- ALL Guests

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Either way, if we can get it that would be fun to have brunch together. If not we will have to figure out another fun way to meet!

3dog2kidmom said:
Maybe they've changed it or that site is wrong, but allears.net says:

105 Day AR Events
Disney Cruise Line Excursions, Palo Dining, Kids Club -- Suite Guests, Romance Plan Only

90 Day AR Events
Disney Cruise Line Excursions, Palo Dining, Kids Club -- Castaway Club Members

75 Day AR Events
Disney Cruise Line Excursions, Palo Dining, Kids Club -- ALL Guests

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Either way, if we can get it that would be fun to have brunch together. If not we will have to figure out another fun way to meet!
you are correct will have to make them when we get home later today !!!!

From circus have to fly!!!!
:grouphug:

Hi Everybody! I posted some time ago when this thread was dormant, then when I finally returned to check it out, I discovered 8 pages of posts and comments and wonderful tips!

Thanks to all who are posting, asking questions, and answering questions. We are WDW vets (7 trips) but this is our first cruise and I have learned so much from these boards. I also ordered the PassPorter Guide to the Disney Cruise Line from their web site, and downloaded their Cruise Line Tips, so I should have a good idea of how everything works by the time I finish reading it all.

Peter - do you have room for 2 adults at the Palo brunch you are hoping to set up? We'd love to join you. Should I go ahead and try for Palo dinner ressies, too, in case the private room is not available? Will they let me cancel the dinner if you can get us in for brunch? Let me know if we can join you, and I'll PM our info. Thanks.

Our TA told us, and I think I also read this on the State Department web site, that effective January 9, 2007 you will need passports to enter the Bahamas, Mexico, Canada, etc. So, don't take any chances - go for the passports. I did discover that you can get passport photos taken at Walgreen's Drugs for only $7.95 for a strip of 6 color photos. WalMart charged about $10, and the post office was quite a bit more. I just walked in to Walgreen's and had the photos taken by the lady at the camera counter. She developed them right away and I took one with me to the post office when I submitted my passport application.

I picked up some pirate gear for my DH, and am trying to decide if I should dress up, too, but it's harder to find pirate stuff for gals. I did see a cool t-shirt with "Dead Men Tell No Tales" at the Disney shopping web site. Wish I'd grabbed it. Good idea about bringing some pirate table decorations. pirate:

We are staying at Old Key West for a few nights before the cruise. I rented points from a DVC member and it's only costing us $72 a night for a studio unit Tues-Wed-Thurs nights. We'll probably move into Pop Century for Fri-Sat nights, since the cost for OKW skyrockets for the weekend. Hope to check out the big Disney warehouse near the airport during our stay. We're driving down so I'll save room in the trunk in case we find some good deals. :thumbsup2

Sorry this post is so long. We are excited about our upcoming cruise, and I can't wait to meet all of you. Happy Planning! :grouphug:

Bev

Tikihula said:
Hi Everybody! I posted some time ago when this thread was dormant, then when I finally returned to check it out, I discovered 8 pages of posts and comments and wonderful tips!

Thanks to all who are posting, asking questions, and answering questions. We are WDW vets (7 trips) but this is our first cruise and I have learned so much from these boards. I also ordered the PassPorter Guide to the Disney Cruise Line from their web site, and downloaded their Cruise Line Tips, so I should have a good idea of how everything works by the time I finish reading it all.

Peter - do you have room for 2 adults at the Palo brunch you are hoping to set up? We'd love to join you. Should I go ahead and try for Palo dinner ressies, too, in case the private room is not available? Will they let me cancel the dinner if you can get us in for brunch? Let me know if we can join you, and I'll PM our info. Thanks.

Our TA told us, and I think I also read this on the State Department web site, that effective January 9, 2007 you will need passports to enter the Bahamas, Mexico, Canada, etc. So, don't take any chances - go for the passports. I did discover that you can get passport photos taken at Walgreen's Drugs for only $7.95 for a strip of 6 color photos. WalMart charged about $10, and the post office was quite a bit more. I just walked in to Walgreen's and had the photos taken by the lady at the camera counter. She developed them right away and I took one with me to the post office when I submitted my passport application.

I picked up some pirate gear for my DH, and am trying to decide if I should dress up, too, but it's harder to find pirate stuff for gals. I did see a cool t-shirt with "Dead Men Tell No Tales" at the Disney shopping web site. Wish I'd grabbed it. Good idea about bringing some pirate table decorations. pirate:

We are staying at Old Key West for a few nights before the cruise. I rented points from a DVC member and it's only costing us $72 a night for a studio unit Tues-Wed-Thurs nights. We'll probably move into Pop Century for Fri-Sat nights, since the cost for OKW skyrockets for the weekend. Hope to check out the big Disney warehouse near the airport during our stay. We're driving down so I'll save room in the trunk in case we find some good deals. :thumbsup2

Sorry this post is so long. We are excited about our upcoming cruise, and I can't wait to meet all of you. Happy Planning! :grouphug:

Bev

:teeth: You know,I have been thinking!!

First of All, what day is Brunch? The Sea day right! :teeth:

Anyone intrested in doing brunch??? In the PRIVATE ROOM, of Palo.

Please let me know this room Seats 16 people! @ 10:30 AM :sunny:
-2 - hygiene99 -2 - Bella8286 -2 -3dog2kidmom - 2 -Tikihula.
would be 8 more. :teeth:

I will need you DCl conformation # and last name...

I will contact DCL PERSON :wizard: Via her email.
to try to arrange this.
If we are able to arrange this! that may take off the 3 am waking for some of you!
ok let me find that photo of the private room!
100_3088.jpg
Photo stolen from a trip report, long table off to the side very nice!
ecf6ee0a.jpg
I got this one mailed to me!
Deserts at Palo!

This is pending, that the room is not already taken or being used!
Will email dcl, only if we have enough to Almost fill the room! + -
:teeth:

Peter

I have added you to the list !!

Thanks for sharing your excitement with us!
I love seeing first time Cruisers!! Just the awe and amazement of it all!! :teeth: :sunny:

You can book both Brunch and Dinner !
I would say !!!
If your time comes to book any resevations :teeth:
You Book them !! Just to be sure !
If we get the private room or a table at Palo for a Brunch Meet.
You can adjust them accordingly!

Tomorrow morning at 5AM I will book a table for 8 !
on one reservation! and maybe another on the other! :teeth:
I Have also sent out the request! To Dcl for the other Room! Waiting to hear Back! Just did this Morning!

If You Have been added to the list would you please PM
Us, with Your Reservation # and Last name. :grouphug:

Also Dont FREAK OUT, If you review your reservation on DCL SITE...
And See all the others from here on it!
We could see the names of 45 people when we reviewed or reservation for the last trip we did! Was Because we had something like this set up!!

But Be sure and check the box next to my name giving ME CHARGING Permission!!! To Your Credit Card!! ONLY KIDDING Can if you want to!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Peter

ec85c75a.jpg

From the Back to the Front!!

Kirah - 12
Brittany- 14
Andrew - 15
Andrews girlfriend 13 :shock:
Kaylee 12 (twins)
Tyler - 10 Not going on the Trip . stayying home with Dad!
Jenn..
ec85c248.jpg

some lucky kids!!!!

:rotfl2:

Welcome Bev!

Wow, what a weekend. I took DD7 to Atlanta on Friday for the Hannah Montana and Cheetah Girls concert. It was her first concert and she had a blast! Then yesterday morning, both she and I woke up at 6 AM at the hotel with that horrible stomach virus :eek: Luckily my sister was with us so she drove us to Columbia to my mom's and we've both been on the couch ever since. I am just so glad it happened the day AFTER the concert as DD would have been devastated!

Peter, what all do you need from me for our brunch ressies? I'm not at home with all of my info but will be later today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter