1/14/07 Wonder Anyone?

3dog2kidmom

DIS Veteran
We are actually land/sea - the cruise part is 1/14/07 on the Wonder. I am SOOOOOO excited!! Are any other DISers cruising with us?

This is our first DCL cruise (and only my second DIS post). It will be me, DH, DD7 and DD4 (at the time of the cruise). We also have extended family going - DMIL, DFIL, DSIL and family, and assorted cousins. 18 in all so far - can't wait!!!

Hi :wave:

So glad to have someone to count down with us! 18 people... WOW! I am hoping my 2 DSILs and their families will cruise with us, but we will see. Our DD7's will be the same age so maybe they will be able to meet up in the kids' clubs.

This is my family's first cruise. I've been twice before but not on Disney. We can't wait!!

3dog2kidmom:

Hope your extended family can come too! We booked first, then the rest of our family decided that it might be fun, too! My girls are already so excited and keep asking when we can sleep on the "big ship". They will be happy to know they will have your DD's to play with! :wave:

Hi Everyone ..

Peter & Jenn here.. ;)

We will also be on this cruise... :cool1:

We have been on 10 Disney Cruises - 11 when this one happens for a total
of 12.. :teeth:

Have only been on the Wonder once. But will get to go on it again for the 11 night.

It will be a family sort of trip ...

Ok

We have 5 Nieces & Nephews, on Jenn's side of the Family. 2 boys and 3 girls.
ranging from 14 to 10

So we have over the years taken them to Disney.
Several times each, and once as a Family.

Well now it is time for them to go on a Disney Cruise :sunny:

We will be taking 4 out of the 5 kids on a 4 night cruise on the Wonder.

The youngest child is 10 and is staying home .. has told us he does not want to go !! no planes and no ships.. :rolleyes:
oh well.. Could only get 4 in a cabin anyways. :)

Jenn's parents are also going on this trip, her Dad is 75 going to be 76
and has never been on a cruise and her Mom is also in the same boat.

The rule is that if you come home with a straight A report card
You get a trip to Disney. :teeth:

Since 3 of the 4 going on this trip have done that, it is time for them to go
on a Disney Cruise. (Time for us to pony up. :cheer2:

The oldest boy, came home with a report card with a D & F
a couple of weeks ago. :teacher:
and has been told that if the next report cards do not have all A's & B's
he will not go on the cruise..
Jenn Means it.. :rolleyes2

All I Can Say is Thank God for DVC.. $

As we also have to do Airfare, Passports & Tips

Peter

My nephews who will be going with us will be 13 and almost 11 at the time of the trip. They will be glad to know there will be other kids their age!

Hi Peter & Jenn... it will be great to have Disney cruise experts here to share with!! I think it's a great idea to take them to Disney as a straight-A reward.

You'll have to tell me sometime about DVC points and the cruise. After this trip, we are contemplating buying DVC (well, pretty sure we will) and do want to use points for cruises from time to time. :sunny:

Thanks!

ok

The kids
Ages at time of sail...

Andy 15 If he makes it.

Brittany 14

Kirah & Kaylee twins 12

We plan on giving them as much freedom as they can handle !

DVC you wont Regret it.. it is making this trip possible for us to do..

vacclub01.gif

We are not even close to being Cruise experts... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just love cruising, every time Disney changes the routes we seem to do a new one.. :teeth: We have only done the same route once..

Page 3 :wizard:

Oh My.. :goodvibes

We are considering having the kids do some yard work in the spring to Earn
there passports.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well one good thing about not alot of people on this trip is when we go in September !! I will be able to rebook this to get any Discounts and on board
credits. Wonder how it works when you use Dvc.
(In the past onboard booking agent has just taken care of it..) ;)
Hate to have to pay the $75.00 fee to Dvc again however it maybe worth it. :lmao: :lmao: :sunny: :thumbsup2

Hi! We're scheduled for the Wonder cruise on January 14th, and I finally found this thread! Nice to meet y'all!
We're a mid-aged couple with no kids but love Disney. This will be our first cruise so of course it has to be Disney. We usually book our WDW resorts ourselves but decided to go with a travel agent for the cruise, and she was able to get us one of the "secret porthole rooms" as well as some onboard credit.
We're so excited about this - I can't believe we have to wait almost a year before we get on that boat. I love the planning process, though, and have ordered the PassPorter Cruise Guide and am pouring over old Navigators and reading cruise trip reports. We plan to drive down the day before boarding and will probably try to get a room in Cocoa Beach or somewhere close. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm very cost-conscious so don't want to splurge, but would llike something decent and not a hole-in-the-wall.
I hope some others will find this thread so we can get some good discussion going before our cruise.

Welcome! It is less than ten months away now! We are booked at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral on January 13 for $99. It is a brand new hotel that opens this week. Some people have gotten $94 AAA rates, but for our date, they only had king availability and we have four people. A lot of people seem to like the Radisson at the port, but I couldn't find availability for January 13, 2007. I don't know if it is too early or if there is something going on in the area then. Radisson offers free parking and a free shuttle to the port, but we are parking our car at the port so we can get to the parks ASAP on Thursday morning! There are several threads on which hotels to use, but I am new here and don't know how to post links (or even if I can yet!).

Suflay1 said:
Hi! We're scheduled for the Wonder cruise on January 14th, and I finally found this thread! Nice to meet y'all!
We're a mid-aged couple with no kids but love Disney. This will be our first cruise so of course it has to be Disney. We usually book our WDW resorts ourselves but decided to go with a travel agent for the cruise, and she was able to get us one of the "secret porthole rooms" as well as some onboard credit.
We're so excited about this - I can't believe we have to wait almost a year before we get on that boat. I love the planning process, though, and have ordered the PassPorter Cruise Guide and am pouring over old Navigators and reading cruise trip reports. We plan to drive down the day before boarding and will probably try to get a room in Cocoa Beach or somewhere close. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm very cost-conscious so don't want to splurge, but would llike something decent and not a hole-in-the-wall.
I hope some others will find this thread so we can get some good discussion going before our cruise.

Welcome We Usually dont have any kids either !!! :rolleyes:

We usually stay at the Radisson resort for about a hundred bucks :)

Peter

We are staying at the Polynesian for 4 nights before the cruise so I don't know about hotels near the port. We're doing the transportation as part of land/sea package. Unfortunately from what I read on this board it sounds like we won't get to the ship very early, but I like the seamlessness of having everything coordinated by Disney.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

:teeth: wow found it on page 4 ..

Morning everyone .
last saturday we took 2 of the kids to get passports.
and Jenns parents.

Jenns mom had the wrong Birth certificate. and Jenns Dad did not bring a check to pay for them ! :rolleyes: :lmao: They will need another Trip !
Jenn paid for the fathers.. thought we went over this !!! :teeth: :lmao:

The Twins have School on Saturday's ( Charter )
so we have to arrange something with the school to get them to Post Office !! :thumbsup2
nothing is ever easy !! :lmao: :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

April showers bring May flowers.. and man is my lawn a mess... pirate:

On a good note, Barnicle Billy's is open for the season ! :woohoo: :moped:

and I need to find my daughter's birth cert or order another one.

By the way, Hygiene99, your dogs are adorable!

3dog2kidmom said:
and I need to find my daughter's birth cert or order another one.

By the way, Hygiene99, your dogs are adorable!

They Say thank you !!!
f769a586.jpg
f249b98a.jpg
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter